I quit cigarettes today.......

Options
124»

Replies

• kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my quit day :happy: I am VERY excited!! I am going to figure what I spend a month on smokes and spend that every month on something fun... new workout clothes, night out w/the BF, house stuff. Wish me luck :smokin: (sry - had to pick THAT smiley)
  • calpeachmfp
    calpeachmfp Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I've never smoked but I've seen many try to quit . . . never give up! : ) You can do it!!!
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!! .....(coming from a Registered Respiratory Therapist) HIGH FIVE TO YOU!! :wink:
  • tracyjo74
    tracyjo74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I quit smoking 27 months ago. In the beginning, every day presents a new challenge. You will think about them multiple time a day, for the next 100 days- but it will lessen and you will notice after the first couple of months that you can breathe easier and you will be so proud of yourself. For motivation I placed a picture of my family on my desk and I started walk breaks instead of smoke breaks. Its kind of like losing a best friend- one that was there for you when were happy, sad, fat, thin, hungry, full, etc. Kick her to the curb- you can do it!
  • mtfr810
    mtfr810 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Never been a smoker... hate the stuff... I wish you nothing but the best of luck and the strength to keep it up!
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I've set a date for no more cigarettes. I'm slowly tapering down.
  • MissBenes
    Options
    Hard core cardio workout will keep you away from cigarettes. Before I started HIIT trainings, when I was still recovering from my knee injury, I decided to trim some gained weight by swimming and that was the moment I easily gave up smoking, because lighting a cigarette after 2 hours of swimming was terribly nauseating. So I didn't even notice, I didn't smoke for 10 days and then one night out I wanted to light one and it tasted terribly and I was like, yep, ciggies, we broke up.