December 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    cburke8909 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent sorry but eating out is the issue. The only way to eat out is to plan the meal. Like Red Robin has this fantastic Avocobbo salad and the calorie total is reasonable.(You can even get away with eating some fries) The other option at Red Robin is to skip the bun. Most of their burgers are very tasty on a lettuce wrap. The same type of meal made at home is usually half the calories.
    So its a few hours after my run and my calf is indeed sore. I was planning an elliptical run for Friday, I'm considering a rest day or at least reducing the intensity of the exercise.

I did plan the meal - as in I planned to go stuff my face with bottomless fries and Red Robin Gourmet burger with Gluten Free bun. There are only so many options I have when I eat out so, I pick based on that limited set.

I guess I will just have to see if I can fit another 13 miles in today :lol:

So true! I love Red Robin. We go once or twice a month. And I can eat their fries! There's so few places I can have fries that I will eat them when I get a chance. Plus, I don't really eat salads and I hate when I think I've found a new place to eat, only to find out their gf options are.... salad. :s

That just happened to me... had a gift card to Cracker Barrel. UGH. When you can fit your GF menu on the back of your hand, you should just give up pretending.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Man... I need to stop tracking calories. It is depressing. Ran 13 miles... and still was not enough to burn off dinner at Red Robin last night! :lol:

I just eat reasonably healthy, my nutritionist doesn't want me to count calories unless I gain or lose weight.

Eh. I like food. Without objective measures, I would regain back all the weight I lost fairly quickly. MFP CICO has keep me in my target range longer than anything else I have tried.

You see the miles I put in each month, it is not like I am not trying to be healthy. I just like food. :smiley: A lot. Especially tasty food. Tasty food is the best.

heh, same here. I guess that I'm lucky, I can make most foods I like better than the bought variety, so I can make them healthier than if I bought them. Nutritionist said that if I gain weight then she'll have me count calories, but for now, nutrition is her main focus. I lost the 17# I needed to through CICO, now I need to work on refining the fuel this performance machine takes in...LOL
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent We've went to Cracker Barrel a couple of times. The problem is the stuff I want to eat there isn't gf LOL

Lately I've been obsessed with Denny's. Not a lot of food but most of their skillets & breakfast sides are gf. I could eat breakfast foods 24/7.
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent ok then I guess your plan has to be more miles for each visit. I consider a no holds bar visit to Red Robin a run of at least 15 miles. Problem for me at this point is that now that I don't eat that way, even with the long run to offset calories my body is not happy with that amount of that kind of food. So I enjoy the meal but the after meal is misery.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Man... I need to stop tracking calories. It is depressing. Ran 13 miles... and still was not enough to burn off dinner at Red Robin last night! :lol:

I just eat reasonably healthy, my nutritionist doesn't want me to count calories unless I gain or lose weight.

Eh. I like food. Without objective measures, I would regain back all the weight I lost fairly quickly. MFP CICO has keep me in my target range longer than anything else I have tried.

You see the miles I put in each month, it is not like I am not trying to be healthy. I just like food. :smiley: A lot. Especially tasty food. Tasty food is the best.

heh, same here. I guess that I'm lucky, I can make most foods I like better than the bought variety, so I can make them healthier than if I bought them. Nutritionist said that if I gain weight then she'll have me count calories, but for now, nutrition is her main focus. I lost the 17# I needed to through CICO, now I need to work on refining the fuel this performance machine takes in...LOL

Oh, at home is the worst, I have too many options. I work from home a couple days a week and those are the worst for eating. When I go into the office, where I can only carry so much food with me, I do better. :)
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @PastorVincent We've went to Cracker Barrel a couple of times. The problem is the stuff I want to eat there isn't gf LOL

Lately I've been obsessed with Denny's. Not a lot of food but most of their skillets & breakfast sides are gf. I could eat breakfast foods 24/7.

See, growing up, Denny's was always the place you ended up because nothing was open at 2 am... one never planned to go there, just you ran out of options when you were in HS/early college in places to go to crash, drink coffee and burn up time. So - to this day I never think of Denny's as intentional place to eat. :lol:
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    cburke8909 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent ok then I guess your plan has to be more miles for each visit. I consider a no holds bar visit to Red Robin a run of at least 15 miles. Problem for me at this point is that now that I don't eat that way, even with the long run to offset calories my body is not happy with that amount of that kind of food. So I enjoy the meal but the after meal is misery.

That actually was my plan... not joking. Just did not do the math in advance and I was thinking "Oh, 1/2 marathon should be enough" :lol: Guess not! :lol: Of course fewer refills of fries might have helped.... nah!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    @PastorVincent I never did either until I had to find a place open at like 3 am for a pre flight meal. GF options are limited at that time. :D Then I had their jalapeno bacon and keep going back. Bacon. It's my weakness (besides fries... now you all know why I need to run hah)
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Oh, at home is the worst, I have too many options. I work from home a couple days a week and those are the worst for eating. When I go into the office, where I can only carry so much food with me, I do better. :)
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I get it. Work is worse for me... crackers and stuff for the students... too easy to snack. at home I'm prtty good, with the cupboards closed, it's out of sight out of mind..... that and the insane amount of coffee I drink, stimulant plus appetite suppressant is a great combo.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @PastorVincent I never did either until I had to find a place open at like 3 am for a pre flight meal. GF options are limited at that time. :D Then I had their jalapeno bacon and keep going back. Bacon. It's my weakness (besides fries... now you all know why I need to run hah)

It is stinking amazing how many calories are in fries! Oh, but, yum!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

Yes! They have a gluten free English muffin and it's actually GOOD! I asked the waitress if it was of any notable brand (like Red Robin's buns are Udis), but she was completely clueless.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »

Yes! They have a gluten free English muffin and it's actually GOOD! I asked the waitress if it was of any notable brand (like Red Robin's buns are Udis), but she was completely clueless.

Do you happen to know the brand of the bun at Eat-n-Park? I love how soft the texture is.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    @lporter229 I wonder if they are Glutino? I had similar ones like 3 years ago and think it was Glutino.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @Orphia great candy cane!
    @garygse glad the shin is better. I just cracked up at your PS and PPS comments.
    @lporter229 what a day. I think the frozen dinners was a great idea. I looked into the food thing for my brother too for Christmas and there was nothing like what I wanted to send him.

Gosh I’ve barely run this week. Tonight Skip, a friend and I are running at Fleet Feet’s PJ run. I think it’s a 1 or 3 mile option. My friend is just getting back into running and she wanted to go so we said sure. Skip and I brought matching long sleeve night gowns for the event.

I STILL haven’t gotten everything I need to start the new job, it’s getting really annoying. I drove out to post today to do my training, but they having an open house for Christmas and it would be impossible for me to train during it. No one will be there tomorrow so Tuesday is the next possible day. Can you say wasted time all this week.

• mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    December Running Challenge
    Goal: 90 km
    Ran: 71.2/90 km

21/12/17 Run 8 km
    17/12/17 Run 6.5 km
    16/12/17 Rest day
    15/12/17 SL A
    14/12/17 Run 8 km
    13/12/17 Run 3.4 km SL B