Favorite ‘non exercise’ exercise

Options

Replies

• emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I love being outside doing anything... yard work, gardening, walking the dog, washing the car, you name it! Give me a beautiful day and I'll find something to do with it!
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    You snow shovelers are a strange, strange bunch. You are all welcome to come over and shovel my driveway.

No kidding! I hate it.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    You snow shovelers are a strange, strange bunch. You are all welcome to come over and shovel my driveway.

No kidding! I hate it.

I actually kind of like it too. My problem is it usually happens at inconvenient times - running late for work, can't get into the driveway at the end of the day, that kind of thing.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,583 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    toxikon wrote: »

No kidding! I hate it.

I actually kind of like it too. My problem is it usually happens at inconvenient times - running late for work, can't get into the driveway at the end of the day, that kind of thing.

Absolutely. I like shoveling snow way more now that I'm retired vs. when I was working for a living.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Hiking, gardening, playing with my grandchildren, yard work, splitting firewood.
  • kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I like walking around towns and local shopping districts.

Also I used to take ballet as an adult. It was for fun but I quickly learned it was also a workout!
  • elizabethmcopeland
    elizabethmcopeland Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    helping people move (shh, don't tell my friends.)
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Some people wouldn't think it is fun but I enjoy hanging my clothes on the clothesline to dry.

folding laundry - same. also scrubbing bathtubs. i've got a cranky s houlder and i like the fine-control stuff that resembles the same kind of drill that you do for rehab. carrying groceries and laundry bags is good too.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

LOL Mine is also available for anyone that is looking for some shoveling fun. Our driveway is a little over 1/2 mile long.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Dancing
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all of my exercise is recreational based except for lifting. Cycling, rock climbing, hiking, skiing...my cycling can become "work" if I'm training for something, but that's pretty temporary a couple times per year...

I tend to think of all of those things as both recreation and exercise.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    dancing.

blech to shoveling.. thankfully I live on the *west* side of Buffalo and usually don't have to do this.
  • glammooreghoul
    glammooreghoul Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My favorite is hitting some hiking trails. Especially mountain areas. Gorgeous views and great air.
  • awingo5193
    awingo5193 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    I mean...

This^

Also dancing and playing with my dog.
  • charlouiselb
    charlouiselb Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    kdbulger wrote: »
    Also I used to take ballet as an adult. It was for fun but I quickly learned it was also a workout!

I was just about to post the same. I found a ballet channel on YouTube with fab barre and floor workouts. How did you log calories in your MFP diary?
  • dnk2311
    dnk2311 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have also started doing a barre class and have no idea how to record it but I love it!! :)
  • Jeepfreak81
    Jeepfreak81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    I mean...

I'm pickin' up what your puttin' down :smiley: