Apple Cider Vinegar and Chia Seeds

Options
I have read a few studies that show apple cider vinegar can aid in many things including weight loss. i started yesterday but because I started later in the evening I only took two teaspoons yesterday. today I am going to do three teaspoons. I added one to my cup of coffee and will take the other two plain during the day. One at lunch one at dinner. I am also adding 1.5 teaspoons of Chia seeds to my morning cream of wheats. I do not buy the premeasured and presugared cream of wheats but instead the stuff you measure and add your own sugar to. I microwave it to cook it and in doing so first I prepare the seeds. i soak the seeds in about a cup of water for about an hour. After they soak I add that water with the seeds to my cream of wheat plus 1 tbs of sugar. i know I know sugar is the devil but that's how I eat it and the calories are not that high. I mix it all together and microwave for two minutes. The cream of wheat becomes very chunky almost looking like bad milk but I assure you it tastes just fine. I also add 1 teaspoon of vinegar. The reason it looks chunky and gross is because of the seeds. they absorb water and get a gel like cover over them leaving the cereal chunky but I assure you there is nothing wrong with it and it tastes fantastic just as I described it. This is my new routine for my diet and I'm also eating four ounces of fish once a day (dinner time) I am keeping my calories at about 1000 - 1200 a day because I am 5'4 and 200 lbs. I need my calories low if I want to lose two pounds a week. Due to being extremely anemic my doctor suggests I not exercise until it's under control because it will just exhaust me. I do some mild exercise as part of maintaining my physical therapy but that's basically half push ups a couple times a day . nothing that really burns calories or works up a sweat. I will keep you posted on how this new addition to my diet plan works out. If any one has any experience with either or both of these please share your experiences.

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Chia seed make me feel bloated and give me painful cramps.

Even if they were the miracle cure all (which they are not), I wouldn't eat them.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Why are you ruining your coffee???
    The only thing ACV will do is make you eat less of whatever food you add it to because it's no longer delicious. It's supposed to help with heartburn and sore throats but I have found the opposite to be true.
    I've lost 80 lbs this year at age 49/50. No ACV. No chia. No hard workouts. Just a calorie deficit.

I wouldn't say that about ACV. Several people rave about using it on pork or in salad dressing.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    You didn’t read any studies showing ACV aids in weight loss because they don’t exist. Weight loss comes down to eating fewer calories than you burn. That’s all there is to it.