Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

1798081828385»

Replies

• snoo61snoo61 Posts: 521Member Member Posts: 521Member Member
    I went through some of my pantry today. It wasn't as bad as expected. Apparently I'm not doing too bad at keeping that up. :)
  • theleadmaretheleadmare Posts: 345Member Member Posts: 345Member Member
    I'm really enjoying packing because I can honestly look at every single thing we own and say, "Are you worth taking with us?" and the answer is a pretty straightforward yes or no. I LIKE cleaning out closets. My sewing room still has things in it, but it's mostly furniture. I have the walk-in closet piled with boxes, ready to be carried out on moving day.

Next comes the library. We are bibliophiles.
  • snoo61snoo61 Posts: 521Member Member Posts: 521Member Member
    I'm really enjoying packing because I can honestly look at every single thing we own and say, "Are you worth taking with us?" and the answer is a pretty straightforward yes or no. I LIKE cleaning out closets. My sewing room still has things in it, but it's mostly furniture. I have the walk-in closet piled with boxes, ready to be carried out on moving day.

Next comes the library. We are bibliophiles.

I love bibliophiles! You are inspiring me to declutter like I'm moving this month!
  • Madwife2009Madwife2009 Posts: 1,340Member Member Posts: 1,340Member Member
    Haven't done the emotional decluttering as no opportunity as of yet but . . . I have decluttered my collection of fabric, of which half is going to my little one's weekly craft session group, a further small bag is going back to university with my oldest daughter tomorrow, some I will try to sell and some I actually have plans for. The only bits I am going to keep for the sake of keeping them are some samples from the material I used to make my wedding dress and the attendants' outfits, which I am going to keep with my wedding album.

Have also promised a spare microwave to someone I met last week who doesn't have one. I don't need it as it was purchased for a caravan which was sold after a particularly bad holiday. The microwave has been taking up a huge amount of space for the last 14 years, for no particular reason. It has moved house with us twice since then. And I have no idea why! It will be out of here tomorrow :)
    edited February 16