Do You Have An Everyday Food?

Options

Replies

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I enjoy my chocolate/banana/peanut butter protein smoothie so much. I've been making it 6 - 7 days a week for the past 4 years when I am not traveling and I have it with either breakfast or lunch.

It's yummy, satisfy my sweet tooth, filling and I get a lot of nutrients from it. I add spinach, greek yogurt, seeds, powders etc. to it as well.

Plus my maintenance calories are high so it helps me to hit my goal.

With everything else I love variety, so I switch things up regularly.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am such a creature of habit so yes! Oats with protein powder, berries, flaxmeal, and yogurt for several years now. I have an avocado a day and a bowl of cereal every night and most often a quest bar daily.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Coffee and Cheese (my dog expects to share a cheesestick when I get home from work)
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for me is usually the same... Yogurt bowls with protein powder, trail mix and berries, or over night oats. I am a creature of habit. Of course on Sundays I cook a big breakfast for the family which has eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast etc.
  • Scottisafatty
    Scottisafatty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Eggs, every day.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Bacon.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I always make a salad for lunch (or dinner if lunch is at a restaurant) - focused on including as many types of veggies as possible, complemented by a protein, a fiber/starch, and a healthy fat. Right now, the rotation is ham (protein), black beans (fiber), and avocado (healthy fat) with radishes, spinach, shredded green and red cabbage, tomatoes, cucumber, shredded carrots, grilled eggplant, asparagus, mushrooms and zucchini.

Every day, even weekends, it’s my go to meal for the last 1.5 years... I get a huge bushel of veggies at the local farmers market on the weekend based on what’s in season. Good habit (farmers market) promotes other good habits (eating more veggies).
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    Strawberry Greek Yogurt. I have at least two 5oz cups daily. Dannon Oikos triple zero or Yoplait 100, whichever is on sale. Can't stand Chobani. When we go to the store I literally clear the shelf.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,987 Member
    Options
    I hate breakfast, but I have to eat it or else I feel sick and won't make it to lunch. So, I have the exact same thing every morning....Cheerios and Greek yogurt.
  • chnkysoup
    chnkysoup Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Chicken and vegetables, chicken and vegetables, and chicken and vegetables. Then I might have some chicken and vegetables....
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    A hard boiled egg for my morning snack! Tried to break free with fruit but I felt cheated....yup....hard boiled egg! :)
  • fhall242
    fhall242 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with blueberries and flaxseed and a big glass of water! It makes such a difference (negative) when I don't eat my oatmeal in the morning.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    A hard boiled egg for my morning snack! Tried to break free with fruit but I felt cheated....yup....hard boiled egg! :)

Haha...I like that “tried to break free”. Sometimes things just hit the spot and nothing else will do, lol. I know the feeling.

I know huh!? :D
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Oats, strawberries and banana for breakfast. Rainbow salad (salad trying to get all the colors of the rainbow represented by veg) with bolthouse farms for dinner. 9 out of 10 times air popped popcorn with evoo spray and nacho cheese powder from kernel seasonings. It sounds like I'm in a rut, but I love these foods and they make me happy.

Whoa! Hold up. They make Nacho Cheese powder?
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe years ago for my own home made oatmeal and it turns out I can make this in batches and freeze it. So for every day - for either breakfast or lunch - this oatmeal and a banana. For some reason I just can't get enough of this meal.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Bread. It's my soulmate
  • Stephen801
    Stephen801 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    chips and salsa...I LOVE hot food and I bake 4 small corn tortillas a day for my chips. When I know I'm going to be eating more carbs I'll skip it but I look forward to it every day.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, yogurt, yogurt. Sometimes I get really sick of it ..
  • bzgl40
    bzgl40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    My breakfast.. toast with peanut butter and jam. Sometimes I have it on waffles or pancakes but if I don't have pb&j on a carb in the morning I get really uncomfortable haha

For me as well, minus the jam. Toast and PB every single day. When I don't have it I get a little sad
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is hard boiled eggs almost every day.