This is for the ladies

Options
Ladies, how do you control your sweet tooth during that time of the month? I'm losing that battle today. Any suggestions?

Replies

• freekat
    freekat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Try fruit...Maybe you could try juicing your fav fruit. You could even freeze it into an iceblock. the natural sugars in the fruit might do it for you and at least it comes with vitamins unlike a cupcake!
  • therunninghippie
    therunninghippie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Freeze some bananas. Blend them in your food processor with some cocoa. Eat dairy-free chocolate banana ice cream and purr like a kitten. I don't restrict my calories ever, but this is a delicious alternative to less nutritious sweet goodies.
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I don't, I eat the yummy chocolate and then log it in!!! (It's only once a month, right?)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    During that time of the month, I eat skinny cow ice cream bars or i make a milkshake with frozen bananas, almond milk and 2 teaspoons of whatever flavor jello pudding powder in my nutri bullet. They both taste really good!
  • huskertrue
    huskertrue Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fresh strawberries works for me. The natural sweetness helps satisfy the crave.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I'm far from a lady.. (as far as I am aware) but you realize you don't have to avoid sweet foods.. why punish yourself with a "diet" you won't sustain for the rest of your life? What foods you eat has no effect on weight loss if you're getting sufficient protein, carb & fat intake whilst being in a caloric deficit..
  • iheartmy1dog
    Options
    I don't, I eat the yummy chocolate and then log it in!!! (It's only once a month, right?)

^^ I've done this before. Once a month I figure I can splurge on something sweet :)
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm never regular and couldn't understand why I was having a hard time last week because I don't usually crave anything at all . I thought I just hadn't been eating enough and I was hungry .
    I ate some peanut butter and celery a couple of times and drank lots of water thinking I just needed something hahahaha two days later I was like ooohhh that's what that was....

Amy
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Wait, you're only supposed to crave sweets at that TOM?
  • bcarman86
    bcarman86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt, stevia, dark chocolate, raspberries!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I save calories for later in the day most days because I tend to be hungrier at night so if I crave chocolate or pop tarts or a cookie I have the calories for it.
  • bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    During that time of the month, I eat skinny cow ice cream bars or i make a milkshake with frozen bananas, almond milk and 2 teaspoons of whatever flavor jello pudding powder in my nutri bullet. They both taste really good!
    Skinny cow! It is great when you are craving chocolate... or go dark chocolate with fruit and nuts....
  • tmalikia
    tmalikia Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Skinny cow! It is great when you are craving chocolate... or go dark chocolate with fruit and nuts....
    [/quote]

Lots of great ideas, I like the skinny cow idea, I'm a cookies and milk girl....fruit usually work but not during this time. I guess I can eat it and go burn it off at the gym?
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I fit it into my macros. Every day. Every week. Every month. :flowerforyou:
  • RubyRunner14
    RubyRunner14 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Freeze grapes, eat cacao nibs or pure dark chocolate, or almonds + raisins (tastes like cookies). I don't eat period cravings so this may not help you much, sorry.
  • mommarobb
    mommarobb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    fat free, sugar Jello pudding. I eat it every night lol
  • tmalikia
    tmalikia Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    So I succumbed to the cookies so I have to exercise for 2 hrs to burn it off, lol
  • felixfromfaire
    Options
    I like dark chocolate with a touch of salt. I tend to splurge on "Kind" nut bars... They are not too sweet and have healthy fats from the almonds. Or sometime I will blend frozen bananas or skim milk with chocolate protein powder for a milkshake. But my sweet tooth is all the time, not just once a month. I crave red meat and shellfish....
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead. Save some extra calories the day or two before or workout extra. Then you can have your treat guilt-free.
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead. Save some extra calories the day or two before or workout extra. Then you can have your treat guilt-free.

^^^ this. I'll work in rice cakes with peanut butter and chocolate chips, then work the rest of the day around it.