Gray Hair

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    I'm blessed.....

old as dirt and verrrrry little grey hair.

my age is typically guessed 10 to 12 years younger than my actual age and the lack of grey hair probably has a lot to do with that.

Thanks Mom!
    Thanks Dad!
    Thanks God!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I got my first grey hair last year (36). I was so excited I almost mounted and displayed it! Nothing since then :neutral: I am looking forward to going grey! The only colour I will let near my hair is a hidden rainbow! So want hidden rainbow hair!
  • RLWatson70
    RLWatson70 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I’m bald so it was hard to notice any gray. But I will say my beard did get a tad peppery about 2 years ago. (45)
  • nocookiestoday
    nocookiestoday Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    I have found a solution, I shall shave my head! :lol:
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I'll be 63 in 2 weeks and I have one or two gray hairs. I have it shoulder length, but usually wear it up in a scrunchy. I hate taking time to go and get my hair styled, so I just have it trimmed every month and a half to two months. So far, so good. Oh, hair is very fine, but thick, and was golden blonde when younger--now a mousey brown with gold streaks (summer sun).
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    This year. July 8th. One sole, grey hair mocking me in the mirror. So I did what any man would do: I ripped it clean from my skull. It's stress related I'm sure.
  • kakaovanilya
    kakaovanilya Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I am 31, no gray hair yet but two whiskers of my 8 year old dog turned gray. I am not ready to accept that she is getting old :'(
  • PAFC84
    Options
    I am 31, no gray hair yet but two whiskers of my 8 year old dog turned gray. I am not ready to accept that she is getting old :'(

Serious question: do dog owners trim their dog's whiskers? Or does that hurt?
  • kakaovanilya
    kakaovanilya Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    PAFC84 wrote: »

Serious question: do dog owners trim their dog's whiskers? Or does that hurt?

Is it really a serious question :D
  • PAFC84
    Options
    This year. July 8th. One sole, grey hair mocking me in the mirror. So I did what any man would do: I ripped it clean from my skull. It's stress related I'm sure.

Srs don't stress about it. You will grow older.

Enjoy your power and utilize it!

I just tell myself that its really blonde....I had really fair hair as a kid.
  • PAFC84
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I'm a natural red head, but I've noticed some gray creeping into my beard.
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I'm a natural red head, but I've noticed some gray creeping into my beard.

Shouldn't that be, you've noticed some red creeping into your beard (based on your profile pic) ;)
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    My hair started greying around age 19, by 20 I had definite grey patches at both temples.

I started dying it black to cover all the grey, and continued to dye it black until about four months ago.

I leave it uncolored now, and the grey starts at the temples and is approximately 2-3 inches grown out.

In regards to styling, it doesn't feel too much different than before; however, I don't do much with it other than wash, dry, and brush it. It's too long to do anything fancy.

I feel like trash over it, it sucks. Mostly nobody says anything to me, but there's been a few comments.

I stopped dying it. It is what it is. If I feel better about myself after I get my weight down, I'll put up a profile pic.

:heart:

Aww.. don't beat yourself up over it. I bet it looks awesome. It looks like I'll just get the random gray hairs all over instead of the distinctive stripe that my stepmother had for the longest time when her hair started graying (she has really long black hair, so it really did look like a skunk stripe). Honestly? I'd rather have the stripe, lol.
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    My kids got me. During each pregnancy I got a streak of gray, one on either side. I was 27 and 29.

Really? I had my son when I was 26ish, but didn't notice the gray strands until I was 30 or 31. Not sure I can blame him for this, lol.
    I was 25 or 26. Maybe it was earlier but it was during a period where I stopped colouring my hair. It didn’t bother me but at first there was only one. Then a few then 15 and an in and so forth. Eventually it bothered me. 99% of my head isn’t gray but with all the strands of hair we have there’s still quite a bit. Its mostly around the crown of my head. But not 6-7 years later I don’t care. No one has ever pointed it out. And if they do so what? No ones perfect. I colour my hair now for fun not to conver then up.

But you have no problems styling your hair or getting the dye to adhere to your hair? I'm finding that my hair is more resistant to dying as I get older.. and that's whether it's gray or its regular mouse brown color. I like to dye for fun, but not if I have to put twice as much dye to get it to stay, lol.

I get my hair done at the stylist and I’ve not had problems when she does it. But if I touch it up myself using manic panic or something similar I noticed I have to leave it on longer. You can also go deep like espressso colour. Grey holds on to deep colour better. Or if it really bothers you they sell touch up wands to apply after you’ve done your hair for the day.

Thanks for reading past the typos in my original post. Was in a rush.

It doesn't really bother me from the standpoint of having them.. it does bother me to have them impede my dying efforts when I want to change my hair color, though.

Also, no problem. :)
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I'm blessed.....

old as dirt and verrrrry little grey hair.

my age is typically guessed 10 to 12 years younger than my actual age and the lack of grey hair probably has a lot to do with that.

Thanks Mom!
    Thanks Dad!
    Thanks God!

Old as dirt, huh? So.. that means you're older than the dinosaurs, then? :D
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I have found a solution, I shall shave my head! :lol:

Can't. I'd get too cold. Also.. what happens if I find out I have a lumpy potato head??
    I'm 41...beard is pretty grey. Idk. Definitely has patches.

Lol I do have hair on my head...just not much. It is NOT grey.

However, my hair is receding...I kept a buzz cut for idk lots of my childhood...all through HS.

It's not a fight that you can win imo...you get older.

Seasons of life.

Nah, not really interested in fighting it, more just curious in I guess the biology behind it? The variations people have in when it shows up, how it shows up, etc. :)

I did that the first time I found one about a year ago, but then I realized that it was probably going to be a losing battle.. unless I wanted to shave my head, so I sorta gave up on that. :D