Starbucks

Replies

• cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Grande iced latte for me
    Skinny
    Sugar free vanilla (limited sugar free syrups in UK :( )
    Single shot most of the time

65 kcal
    10g carbs
    6g protein
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Starbucks isn't a regular thing for me, (I prefer to save money and drink the free coffee at work) but when I do get it I always make sure to ask for skinny milk. It cuts the calories and I've now gotten so used to it that I prefer it. I forgot to ask for skinny milk a few weeks ago and had whole instead and I felt sick for a few hours after.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Black coffee with 5 pumps sugar free cinnamon dolce and almond milk (<50 calories)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I like other coffee places better than Starbucks, but I like their cold brew okay, black. I don't know the calorie info, but it must be low.
  • Archaeologicals
    Archaeologicals Posts: 21 Member
    edited December 2017
    I usually get a venti unsweetened coffee (iced or hot depending on the season) with a splash of coconut milk (approximately 50cal) or a grande triple soy latte, no sweetener (approximately 170cal). I’ve tried their sugar-free syrups but they all taste like chemicals to me. Their soy milk has just a hint of vanilla in it—love.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Skinny flavored lattes, or unsweetened iced coffee with sugar-free flavored syrup.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    I just get a tall latte. I can't do the sugar free syrups, they have a horrid after taste.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    London Fog w/sugar free vanilla syrup and almond milk. Psst, it’s not on the menu. Maybe 20 cals.
  • cjgirlie2005
    cjgirlie2005 Posts: 15 Member
    edited December 2017
    A peach tranquility tea latte with coconut milk. I dont get sugar added so all the fat is in the coconut milk. And let me tell u, you will not miss the sugar at all. A regular Grande coconut latte without sugar is 190 calories. I would imagine it being comparable to that calory wise.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    I usually just get a tall cappuccino there. It’s 90 calories.
  • bosswitch
    bosswitch Posts: 19 Member
    I usually just keep it simple and get a latte or an Americano with milk and sugar. The simpler your drink is at Starbucks, the less calories it will have. If you absolutely must have a specialty drink, I would get it half sweet like another poster had mentioned. Alternative milks are good for lowering the amount of calories in your drink, but you may not like the taste if you're used to cows milk
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Espresso Frappuccino with an extra shot. I had one everyday all summer paid for by work so I figured why not. Calories.. not low that’s for sure.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited December 2017
    If I'm drinking coffee/tea from Starbucks, I getting a small (or whatever they call a small) chai latte dang it. It is the only thing on their drinks menu that sounds remotely appetizing to me.

I can count on one hand how many times I've drank a Starbucks drink in the last five years and have either two or three fingers left over.

ETA: I only get it with whole milk. And apparently it's called a "short". And the calories aren't half bad - the same as for a can of Sanpellegrino. I'm shocked, I tells ya, shocked! :smile:

bv9p0swgdaz4.png
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Dark roast coffee, black no sugar. So few calories I don't bother logging it.

But I'm guessing that's not what you were going for :)

A mfp user after my own heart.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    No Starbucks here, but if I'm getting a milky coffee (generally a cappuccino) I ask it to be made with 3/4 hot water. I basically end up with an Americano with a bit of milk and froth - it cuts back on some of the milk calories.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    I just drink americanos, which have negligible calories, but if I feel like a dessert-y coffee treat I get a grande skinny cinnamon dolce latte, which is like 120 calories for a grande, sweet, and easy to fit into my daily calorie goal.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Iced passion tea with Splenda, no syrup. Negligible calories. I'm not a big coffee fan.

If it's December, though, I'm getting a cranberry bliss bar.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    I'm pretty much screwed on low-cal of anything flavored, since I'm allergic to sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), which is what they use in the sugar-free syrups, and I'm lactose-intolerant, so the only real "skim" option is almond milk, which I think is gross. That being said, if I want something low-cal, I go for a plain soy latte, which is 190, or coffee with some soy in it, which is probably around 40 calories. Usually, though, I just get half the syrup, since I think it's all too sweet, anyway.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I usually get a venti unsweetened coffee (iced or hot depending on the season) with a splash of coconut milk (approximately 50cal) or a grande triple soy latte, no sweetener (approximately 170cal). I’ve tried their sugar-free syrups but they all taste like chemicals to me. Their soy milk has just a hint of vanilla in it—love.

Same here... tastes like chemicals to me.

Honestly I have a regular coffee typically. If I have calories to spare, I'll add some milk, or go for a caramel macciato or one of the fancy drinks (the chestnut praline one is tasty!). I do wish that there was an option to get a less sweetened option that still has all the flavor though.
  • kwindert1
    kwindert1 Posts: 16 Member
    I’m not about spending several bucks on a single beverage. I buy Starbucks whole bean coffee, grind it at home, and drink it with Stevia and a little bit of sugar free flavored powder creamer. Less than 30 cals for a 16oz coffee.

If I were all about spending several bucks on a single beverage I would drink skinny vanilla lattes, or if I wasn’t watching cals... a venti pepermint mocha, lol!