Options

Replies

• YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Nininina24
    Options
    What do you think about the 16/8 eating regimen, some refer to it as intermittent fasting = meaning you eat the entirety of your food in a 8 hr window and fast for the other 16 - leangains.com. I've been doing this for a while and have had good success, though just curious to see what you think about it.

I follow Intermittent Fasting myself only differences is I do 18/6. Aside from health benefits that have been studied etc, I found it removed ALL my hunger issues, I didn't lose my appetite (don't confuse the two). I just never had that urge to eat for no reason anymore, so it was great.

I recently wrote an article about it actually, over on my Facebook page. If you are interested send me a private message and i'll forward it to you.

Hey quick question about your 18/6, Do you eat all your recommended calories and/or macros for the day in that 6 hour window?
  • acheron03
    Options
    Thanks for the information. I'll start to dive into it after work.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    What do you think about the 16/8 eating regimen, some refer to it as intermittent fasting = meaning you eat the entirety of your food in a 8 hr window and fast for the other 16 - leangains.com. I've been doing this for a while and have had good success, though just curious to see what you think about it.

I follow Intermittent Fasting myself only differences is I do 18/6. Aside from health benefits that have been studied etc, I found it removed ALL my hunger issues, I didn't lose my appetite (don't confuse the two). I just never had that urge to eat for no reason anymore, so it was great.

I recently wrote an article about it actually, over on my Facebook page. If you are interested send me a private message and i'll forward it to you.

Hey quick question about your 18/6, Do you eat all your recommended calories and/or macros for the day in that 6 hour window?

Yep, everything. Only things I have during my 'fasted' state is zero calorie soda (pepsi max) or water.
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    Thanks for the information. I'll start to dive into it after work.

No problem!
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to answer my question Ritch! You confirmed what I think, too :smile:
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to answer my question Ritch! You confirmed what I think, too :smile:

No problem, good luck!
  • bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Hey, why do you not run? Have you no desire to flee from wild boars? Zombies? A mob?
    [/quote]

I like zombies.
    [/quote]

Have you heard of the zombie run? When I get back to the states I am so going to try it!
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Hello! What do you think of overconsumption of sugar? Do you think it is important to eat less for weight loss, or are completely for a caloric deficit?
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    Hello! What do you think of overconsumption of sugar? Do you think it is important to eat less for weight loss, or are completely for a caloric deficit?

If you are in a caloric deficit as far as I am aware and as far as my knowledge has gone, it is fine.

Many people eat 200g of sugar, 150g sugar etc. And they lose weight just fine. I keep it to 100g during my cut as 100g is plenty for me anyway.

ritch
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    Hey, why do you not run? Have you no desire to flee from wild boars? Zombies? A mob?
    [/quote]

I like zombies.
    [/quote]

Have you heard of the zombie run? When I get back to the states I am so going to try it!
    [/quote]

Nope, not heard of it!
  • saeede83
    saeede83 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    hi Ritch

I am currently 219 and 5'4. I have a lot of extra fat to burn, that I know. but I started a program with dumbells and I absolutely love it. I do the following program 3 days a week:

Shoulder squats
    Bent-over rows
    bench press
    Arm curls
    Lunges
    Triceps extensions
    Crunches
    Lateral raises
    Overhead press

I started from 7.5 lbls dumbells and now I can lift 15 lbls. I know it's not that heavy but I can totally feel stronger. For one or two days after workouts I am sore so I hope that means I am doing it right. Just wanted to show you what I noticed in the period of 3 months. I feel my biceps are much harder than they used to be. here is a picture. I know it's covered with a lot of fat, but I just wanted to see whether I am building muscle or not. I eat at deficit (TDEE-20%)
    34rf5uw.jpg

also do you have suggestions on my workout program? Do I get same results with dumbels as with barbells (i don't have access to barbells now)? Should I include cardio? Since I started lifting my weight loss slowed down. Looking forward to hearing your suggestions.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Hi :) So I've been having major problems trying to lose weight. I've been seeing a nutritionist monthly and it hasn't helped thus far. I've been sticking to around 30-40 carbs a day and about 1300 calories and I try to workout most days of the week. I have yet to lose any weight and it's been over 5 months. I NEED to lose 20 pounds in order to have a gastric bypass. Do you have ideas that might jump start weight loss?
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    hi Ritch

I am currently 219 and 5'4. I have a lot of extra fat to burn, that I know. but I started a program with dumbells and I absolutely love it. I do the following program 3 days a week:

Shoulder squats
    Bent-over rows
    bench press
    Arm curls
    Lunges
    Triceps extensions
    Crunches
    Lateral raises
    Overhead press

I started from 7.5 lbls dumbells and now I can lift 15 lbls. I know it's not that heavy but I can totally feel stronger. For one or two days after workouts I am sore so I hope that means I am doing it right. Just wanted to show you what I noticed in the period of 3 months. I feel my biceps are much harder than they used to be. here is a picture. I know it's covered with a lot of fat, but I just wanted to see whether I am building muscle or not. I eat at deficit (TDEE-20%)
    34rf5uw.jpg

also do you have suggestions on my workout program? Do I get same results with dumbels as with barbells (i don't have access to barbells now)? Should I include cardio? Since I started lifting my weight loss slowed down. Looking forward to hearing your suggestions.

As you are a beginner to weightlifting,, the chances of gaining muscle and losing fat are there, this usually lasts around 3 months, they are called "noob gains" - thiis means yeah, your weight loss will slow down. One thing is for sure, you're getting stronger, and you feel better and you say you look better! these are obvioussly all positives.

If you don't have access to a barbell then the only thing I can suggest is keep doing what you're doing! wheen you can eventually get access to a barbell start reading this website: http://rippedbody.jp/2011/09/22/training-the-guide/

Cardio is definitely not needed for fat loss.

Everything you've stated seems normal, so keep it up!

Best of luck if you need anymore help just ask

ritch
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    Hi :) So I've been having major problems trying to lose weight. I've been seeing a nutritionist monthly and it hasn't helped thus far. I've been sticking to around 30-40 carbs a day and about 1300 calories and I try to workout most days of the week. I have yet to lose any weight and it's been over 5 months. I NEED to lose 20 pounds in order to have a gastric bypass. Do you have ideas that might jump start weight loss?

Hi, firstly there is no magical formula for weight loss, it is simply calories in vs calories out.

You haven't mentioned what weight you are, but I can tell you one thing, you are not consuming 1300 calories if your weight has not gone lower in 5 months. Check that you are counting correctly/weighing your foods correctly.

ritch
  • bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    I like zombies.
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

I'm a such a dork, but the Zombie Run is a mud/run, obstacle course where you are chased by volunteers dressed as Zombies.
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    I'm a such a dork, but the Zombie Run is a mud/run, obstacle course where you are chased by volunteers dressed as Zombies.

Long as you're having fun, right? ;)
  • fhargis0002
    fhargis0002 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    female 24 yrs old
    5'2
    sw 220 lbs
    cw 166 lbs
    gw ~120lbs

no gym access currently owns set of 2,5,8,10 lb dumbbells and one 35 lb dumbbell and am looking into buying a barbell. I do Zumba one or two times a week for one hour at a time, use fitness blender videos and videos by jJessica Smith to do cardio and strength with dumbbells, 3 days a week, most have multiple reps and I am comfortable using the ten lb weights. I am interested in lifting heavy but not super knowledgeable. oh I eat approximately 1500 calories a day.

with what u kno about me, give me your best advice to achieve optimum results of lmm and low bf

:-)
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    female 24 yrs old
    5'2
    sw 220 lbs
    cw 166 lbs
    gw ~120lbs

no gym access currently owns set of 2,5,8,10 lb dumbbells and one 35 lb dumbbell and am looking into buying a barbell. I do Zumba one or two times a week for one hour at a time, use fitness blender videos and videos by jJessica Smith to do cardio and strength with dumbbells, 3 days a week, most have multiple reps and I am comfortable using the ten lb weights. I am interested in lifting heavy but not super knowledgeable. oh I eat approximately 1500 calories a day.

with what u kno about me, give me your best advice to achieve optimum results of lmm and low bf

:-)

All you need to know about lifting is here(providing you eventually do get access to a barbell etc): http://rippedbody.jp/2011/09/22/training-the-guide/

As for calories, have you tried using a proper calculator?: http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

Diet will make you lose weight, weight training will fix body composition.

ritch