321 Cake in a Cup...UPDATED!

GBO323
GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
Updated with 2017 Calorie Count.

Ever want a single serving of cake and don't wanna bake a whole one and risk going off plan? Or you don't want to pay $2-3 for one instant cake when you can have a bunch of them for the same amount of money?

A friend of mine shared this...I've tweaked it slightly and I'm HOOKED!

1 Box of Angel Food Cake Mix. This is required for the cake to rise.
1 Box of Any Flavored Cake Mix...I use the Milk Chocolate flavor! Yellow Butter Creme flavor is good too.

Pour both dry mixes together in a large Ziploc bag and shake/blend VERY well.

When ready for cake, grab a good sized coffee mug (12oz+id and add 3 tablespoons of the cake mix along with 2 tablespoons of water or liquid. Mix until frothy. Place in microwave for 1 minute. It will rise about halfway through and fall back.

Let cool for 5+ minutes.

Voila! One cake is a mere 110 calories. My prior calc had it at 140, so it's lower now.

One bonus is...if you have calories to spare, it can easily be double for a 220 calorie sweet treat. Just make sure you have a big enough cup (16oz+) to microwave it in.

Here are the variations:

Instead of water, use Sugar Free Coffee Syrup (Torani or Dollar Store, for example). Vanilla goes with most flavors. Adds a sweet flavor kick for ZERO added calories;

Place a tablespoon of chocolate chips or peanut butter chips in the bottom of the cup before adding the mix. Adds 80 calories. or go with a teaspoon for just 25-ish calories.

Definitely wanted to share this update with my MFP friends.

Replies

• whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Uh.... yum?!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I saw a recipe the other day, no Angel food cake mix. Instead you use 1 Tbl egg, 2 Tbl applesauce, 1 The water and 3 Tbl cake mix. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm interested because I think the angel food cake mix throws off the flavor.
  • GBO323
    @TeaBea ....I like the 321 better..... Easier!
  • dlipson30
    dlipson30 Posts: 5 Member
    I just bought 2 boxes of cake mixes for this today - can't wait to try it out!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,790 Member
    edited December 2017
    770118txnzixn5i2.gif
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited December 2017
    IMO super sad excuse of a 'cake' that's not even satisfying for the calories, unless you've deprived yourself so much from dieting that you forgot what real cake tastes like.
  • GBO323
    I am not saying this is the best cake ever, but when you are crazing a sweet, this helps!
  • melissa_k80
    melissa_k80 Posts: 3 Member
    Yum!