Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

321 Cake in a Cup...UPDATED!

GBO323
GBO323 Posts: 333 Member
Updated with 2017 Calorie Count.

Ever want a single serving of cake and don't wanna bake a whole one and risk going off plan? Or you don't want to pay $2-3 for one instant cake when you can have a bunch of them for the same amount of money?

A friend of mine shared this...I've tweaked it slightly and I'm HOOKED!

1 Box of Angel Food Cake Mix. This is required for the cake to rise.
1 Box of Any Flavored Cake Mix...I use the Milk Chocolate flavor! Yellow Butter Creme flavor is good too.

Pour both dry mixes together in a large Ziploc bag and shake/blend VERY well.

When ready for cake, grab a good sized coffee mug (12oz+id and add 3 tablespoons of the cake mix along with 2 tablespoons of water or liquid. Mix until frothy. Place in microwave for 1 minute. It will rise about halfway through and fall back.

Let cool for 5+ minutes.

Voila! One cake is a mere 110 calories. My prior calc had it at 140, so it's lower now.

One bonus is...if you have calories to spare, it can easily be double for a 220 calorie sweet treat. Just make sure you have a big enough cup (16oz+) to microwave it in.

Here are the variations:

Instead of water, use Sugar Free Coffee Syrup (Torani or Dollar Store, for example). Vanilla goes with most flavors. Adds a sweet flavor kick for ZERO added calories;

Place a tablespoon of chocolate chips or peanut butter chips in the bottom of the cup before adding the mix. Adds 80 calories. or go with a teaspoon for just 25-ish calories.

Definitely wanted to share this update with my MFP friends.

Replies

• whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Uh.... yum?!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I saw a recipe the other day, no Angel food cake mix. Instead you use 1 Tbl egg, 2 Tbl applesauce, 1 The water and 3 Tbl cake mix. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm interested because I think the angel food cake mix throws off the flavor.
  • GBO323
    @TeaBea ....I like the 321 better..... Easier!
  • dlipson30
    dlipson30 Posts: 5 Member
    I just bought 2 boxes of cake mixes for this today - can't wait to try it out!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,555 Member
    edited December 2017
    770118txnzixn5i2.gif
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited December 2017
    IMO super sad excuse of a 'cake' that's not even satisfying for the calories, unless you've deprived yourself so much from dieting that you forgot what real cake tastes like.
  • GBO323
    I am not saying this is the best cake ever, but when you are crazing a sweet, this helps!
  • melissa_k80
    melissa_k80 Posts: 3 Member
    Yum!