FINDING A TASTY ZERO CALORIE BEVERAGE!

Options
13»

Replies

• guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Water with freshly squeezed lemon in it.
  • blt0087
    blt0087 Posts: 115
    Options
    I respectfully disagree with anyone who says artificial sweeteners are harmful. Anyone who harps on about aspartame being a danger to our health too is very very very very misguided and should do their _OWN_ deep research.

Thanks, but I'll go without it. It causes migraines, blackouts, I get extremely shaky anytime I drink anything with aspertame. Idk if im allergic to it or what, but anytime I consume it, its bad news for me.
  • Junie2013
    Options
    Tea all the way. I like it mixed with seltzer too. For an iced tea cooler.

I have at last 2 dozen kinds. I like lighter teas unsweetened. Black tea, I like sweetened.

I like herbals, it is nice to get one that adds some natural sweetness too. Like a rooibos.

Oh yum... I will have to try the tea and seltzer thing :)

I second the herbal teas. Tazo makes great flavors you can get at Target. If you're feeling fancy (and wealthy) you can get some amazing tasting teas at Teavana.

Mostly, I drink flavored unsweetened seltzer, plain water, water with a splash of lemonade, or iced teas.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Flavored teas.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Tea all the way. I like it mixed with seltzer too. For an iced tea cooler.

I have at last 2 dozen kinds. I like lighter teas unsweetened. Black tea, I like sweetened.

I like herbals, it is nice to get one that adds some natural sweetness too. Like a rooibos.

Oh yum... I will have to try the tea and seltzer thing :)

I second the herbal teas. Tazo makes great flavors you can get at Target. If you're feeling fancy (and wealthy) you can get some amazing tasting teas at Teavana.

Mostly, I drink flavored unsweetened seltzer, plain water, water with a splash of lemonade, or iced teas.

Teavana is really overpriced. And many times they are misleading about the ingredients of their teas. Which is my bigger beef.

But loose leaf tea is cheaper than the tea bags. I highly recommend switching to loose leaf. Just not from Teavana. :) Unless they are having a 75% off sale.

We just got David's Tea locally, and I am happy with them and their prices. They have an online store too. I also like Lupicia. Lots of tasty versions (mainly Chinese/Japanese/Korean), not a lot of herbal options.

Also, if you have an asian market, take a look at loose leaf green and oolong teas there. A few of my local "gourmet" and "natural" markets also sell loose leaf in the bulk section.

Loose leaf stays fresher and tastier and can generally be steeped several times and still be tasty. I steep green teas 2-3 times, and oolongs 3-4 times before discarding the leaves! Herbals (not roobos) can be steeps 2-4 times as well. Tea bags do not have that staying power.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    to jazz up water - add a slice of lemon or if you're feeling a bit crazy add two slices of lemon. :bigsmile:
  • Junie2013
    Options

Teavana is really overpriced. And many times they are misleading about the ingredients of their teas. Which is my bigger beef.

But loose leaf tea is cheaper than the tea bags. I highly recommend switching to loose leaf. Just not from Teavana. :) Unless they are having a 75% off sale.

Oh no... I knew they were overpriced, but didn't know about the ingredient thing. :grumble:

Thanks for the info on where to look for better teas though!!