Is this considered a fasting plan?

Options
2»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I don't get it. It sounds like a normal eating pattern lol Why is IF a thing? We've been doing it for forever. When I was a kid we would eat breakfast at 8am, lunch at 12, and supper at 5. And then a 15 hour "fast". Do people not track their calories during their "non-fast" period? If you do then why restrict yourself even more?

It's the newest, latest diet fad. Nothing more.
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I don't get it. It sounds like a normal eating pattern lol Why is IF a thing? We've been doing it for forever. When I was a kid we would eat breakfast at 8am, lunch at 12, and supper at 5. And then a 15 hour "fast". Do people not track their calories during their "non-fast" period? If you do then why restrict yourself even more?

I looked into it after seeing all of the threads to see if it was something I'd be interested in, come to find I already fast for 16-17 hours and always have. Still gained 100lbs. Dumb George Michael.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

I looked into it after seeing all of the threads to see if it was something I'd be interested in, come to find I already fast for 16-17 hours and always have. Still gained 100lbs. Dumb George Michael.

I more or less do a 16:8 IF plan, for no other reason than that it works best for me in terms of satiety. I'm usually not that hungry in the morning and can get by with a cup of coffee until around 11:00 or 12:00 most days. I like having most of my calories around dinner time because I'm most hungry in the evenings and like big dinners.

I say I "more or less" do 16:8 because it's not something I adhere to religiously or ascribe magical properties to. If I'm hungry outside that 8 hour window, I eat. No big deal. In the end it still comes down to calories eaten vs. calories expended.

There are a lot of people who make weight loss a lot harder and more complicated than it has to be.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    Ok, this fasting kick is officially out of control.

eQMt7fv.gif

is he pooping as he runs...

He must be doing a cleanse...to, you know, detox the things.
  • tabithanmayes28
    tabithanmayes28 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is a good point.. I have never thought about that before.. It probably is, but I do this every single day. I eat dinner at around 6 or 7 pm and do not eat again until 11 am the next day.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dsboohead wrote: »
    If last meal was 8:30pm and next one wasn't until 11:30am?

And then what?

What happens between 11:30 am and 8:30 pm?

You get to do stuff besides worrying about a bunch of extra meals.
  • blambo61
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    Ok, this fasting kick is officially out of control.

eQMt7fv.gif

Actually it is the opposite of this. Fasting gives you back time (and money) that you would otherwise not have if you had to plan for further meals. Fasting is quite liberating in this regard.
  • blambo61
    Options

I'ts still an energy balance equation. You can out eat a fast. It may be easier for you to get a deficit fasting or it may be easier eating more meals. You will need to figure that out and make one or the other work.