White bread

Options
So I work out pretty good eat pretty clean but white bread I can't seem to let it go. I don't eat it often 2x a week but will this really stop me from losing weight and toning?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So I work out pretty good eat pretty clean but white bread I can't seem to let it go. I don't eat it often 2x a week but will this really stop me from losing weight and toning?

nope. not if it fits your calories and macros
  • ellenrose750
    ellenrose750 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    No. Stop buying into media hype and diet scams. White bread is food, just like all the rest of it.

If you ate it so often or in such a quantity that it prevented you from staying within your calorie goal and/or maintaining a reasonably healthy/balanced diet, then I might say you should cut back. But otherwise... eat and enjoy.

Thanks a lot :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Excess calories stop you losing weight and fat (which will stop you achieving a toned look). A single food can not be responsible for that... White bread is the only bread suitable for some situations (PB&J sandwiches, and chip butties for example...)
  • ellenrose750
    Options
    No. There is nothing wrong with white bread.. you could eat it every day at every meal, as long as you are within your calories you will lose the same amount of weight as you would without it.

Thank you for the reply x
  • ellenrose750
    Options
    thecharon wrote: »
    What about all the dangers of white bread? Ex:
    4h3xt57on4v9.jpg

Love this :smiley:
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Excess calories stop you losing weight and fat (which will stop you achieving a toned look). A single food can not be responsible for that... White bread is the only bread suitable for some situations (PB&J sandwiches, and chip butties for example...)

I like you more and more with every post of yours that I read!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

How could it?
    What is so special about one food, let alone the colour of one food, that it breaks fundamental rules of physics and biology?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    thecharon wrote: »
    Interesting article in case you have time to read:
    Carbs are not evil: The poison is in the dose https://www.onnit.com/academy/carbohydrate-foods-are-not-evil/ In other words, try not to eat 10,000 calories of french bread daily.

unless maintenance is 10,000 and then you're good to go.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    ... 10,000 calorie maintenance... good lord... on one hand.. you could eat so many things... on the other hand.. you'd never make it lol
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with white bread....make it fit into your calorie allowance, simple :smile:
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I eat all kinds of bread, including white bread. It never stopped me from losing weight.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I love the Crosta white Italian bread. It is quite filling so I don’t have too much. I am losing weight.
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Ugh my mother drilled it into my head that white bread is bad all through my childhood. I can't help but buy whole wheat now and whole wheat has more calories :'(

A 10,000 calorie maintenance.. that sounds beautiful lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    losing weight has nothing to do with whether you eat white bread or not...weight management is about energy (calorie) balance...it's not about any one particular food item.