White bread

Options

Replies

• Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Excess calories stop you losing weight and fat (which will stop you achieving a toned look). A single food can not be responsible for that... White bread is the only bread suitable for some situations (PB&J sandwiches, and chip butties for example...)

I once made a PB&J on sprouted grain bread and it just tasted sad :(
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    ... 10,000 calorie maintenance... good lord... on one hand.. you could eat so many things... on the other hand.. you'd never make it lol

maxresdefault.jpg

Seriously though.....weight loss is about energy balance ie consuming less than you expend over time. If you like white bread or pasta or potatoes (I love baked & mashed potatoes) and are eating within your calorie goals go for it. Denying yourself moderate amounts of foods you enjoy is a recipe for failure.

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    How exactly would it do that? I love bread, all the ways you can make it. No reason to give It up if you don’t want to.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,386 Member
    Options
    I eat white bread often, never liked whole wheat. I even buy the cheap kind cuz it's only 55 cal each
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I remember there being some thing on youtube about people trying to eat 10,000 calories a day as a challenge..

We have weird priorities as humans in 2017.. or some of us do.

our grandparents etc went through wars and the depression.. and now the struggle is consuming 10,000 calories without vomiting... or spooning a mouthful of cinnamon into your mouth.. The struggle is real.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I remember there being some thing on youtube about people trying to eat 10,000 calories a day as a challenge..

We have weird priorities as humans in 2017.. or some of us do.

our grandparents etc went through wars and the depression.. and now the struggle is consuming 10,000 calories without vomiting... or spooning a mouthful of cinnamon into your mouth.. The struggle is real.

Just goes to show how disconnected first world nations are to the rest of the world. We hear and read about famine and war time, and yet we still take advantage of what we have.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Yeah i agree, I have given a lot of food away to feed nova scotia when i had a lot of it and i am a single person by myself and it was just completely unneeded..

There was a thread made here on MFP one time about the 10,000 calorie challenge and i remember asking that person why they would want to do something like that and they said "something to do" followed by simply having bragging rights to say they did it.

I would rather talk about how i was able to help someone else when i had more of what i needed then talk about how i consumed so much food i vomited.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I think the more concerning issues is why you love white bread. I always think it taste like sadness... Potato bread is where it's at.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    I think the more concerning issues is why you love white bread. I always think it taste like sadness... Potato bread is where it's at.

Agreed :smiley::smiley:
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options
    Instead of white bread, why not try to make keto bread? Keto bread is low in carbs and sugar and will not cause weight gain. It is made from almond flour which is healthier than A.P flour.

I'm confused how you think something with calories could not cause weight gain.. do you think all the foods you eat on keto are the same within that logic? Low carb and sugar = no weight gain?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Excess calories stop you losing weight and fat (which will stop you achieving a toned look). A single food can not be responsible for that... White bread is the only bread suitable for some situations (PB&J sandwiches, and chip butties for example...)

I once made a PB&J on sprouted grain bread and it just tasted sad :(

On a really good rye, it's surprisingly tasty. But not caraway-seed rye. That's just wrong.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    PB is excellent on toasted sprouted grain bread with sliced banana and a drizzle of molasses. You won’t miss the jelly.

@estherdragonbat I agree about PB on rye. Very good, especially toasted.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    So I work out pretty good eat pretty clean but white bread I can't seem to let it go. I don't eat it often 2x a week but will this really stop me from losing weight and toning?

No, of course not.