Goal weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• carlyelyse00
    carlyelyse00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What would be a pretty skinny weight for being 5’9” and female?
  • maryjennifer
    maryjennifer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The following thread features tools that use a simulator so you can see what you would look like if you lost weight in terms of current and goal weight.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10626187/seeing-what-i-would-look-like-at-my-proper-weight
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Know what the beauty of a goal weight number is? It's not written in stone. You can freely change it upward or downward whenever you feel like it, for any reason or no reason at all.

Choose a weight that sounds good to you, considering your height and frame. Say it's 135, just to pick a number out of the air. Start working toward it. If you like how you look/feel when you get to 140, congratulations - you've just reached your goal weight. If you get to 135 and still aren't satisfied with how you look/feel, shoot for 130 and re-assess. Repeat as necessary until you get where you want to be.

This. Whatever goal weight you pick, it's not set in stone. It's always adjustable. I picked one based on a weight I once was and looked/felt comfortable at. That was a while ago, so it might have changed. I'll see as I get closer to it :)

• JRSINAZ
    JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    At 6'2 my ideal weight (185) is 76 pounds away but I can't deal with that yet. I set a 100 pound loss goal first. Lost 64 so far with 36 to go.
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6. I'm about 164ish and I assume I'd like to get down to 145ish. My main goals are to lower my BP and cholesterol and to log consistently and work out consistently for 6 months. I don't actually have a scale so I assume once my other goals are met if I like the way I look, that will be it
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Go with what you are happy with! I set a goal of the high end of my BMI. I'm 5'7", so it said 158lbs. I'm 169 now and don't feel like those last 11 pounds will make me "done". I've decided to make a new goal of 150 and then reasses again. I'm trying to look at things as more fluid and not a hard set end goal. Gonna take it a few pounds at a time at this point!

I'm 5-7 and the last 11 lbs made a huge difference! Recomp also has helped improve my appearance and strength with no change in weight after 14 months in maintenance at the high end of BMI range.

This is good to hear!! Maybe I'll drop that last 11 and look into recomp! I'm not unhappy with my weight now, so I think that may be a good plan (that I know nothing about haha)!