Hello I'm New and I Babble a lot...LOL

Options
Hello: I am trying out this site on the advice of my fitness trainer. I need to loose over 100 pounds overall, but I am starting with a smaller goal of 50-75 pounds. I try to get to water aerobics 2-3 times a week and work with a trainer once a week. This is a new program for me and I find it challenging to say the least. I am sort of retired (it's a long story) after a horrible year for health setbacks...broken wrist in January, hip revison in April after my original shaft broke, pinched nerve in August...I belong to a support group called TOPS in our community. I recently moved from MN to AZ because of the weather. I will quit now...chat if you feel the urge...LOL!

Replies

• HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Welcome.

Make sure you do a diet style that is right for you and your life. All diets work the same as long as you have a calorie deficit. So don't get sucked into someone telling you to try keto or low carb or paleo or fasting or whatever.. they all lose weight the same in the end. Eat what you like to eat just less of it within your calorie goal. The less you over complicate things the better.

People following different lifestyles do so cause it works for their lives.. so make sure you do one that works with yours
  • HandiCrafter
    HandiCrafter Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi NellieRose13. I am just starting back with MyFitnessPal. I did well using the site but decided I could do it on my own-only to find some of my lost weight. So I am back to tracking and would love to be of support. Please feef free to add me as a friend.
  • SedonaSuzy
    SedonaSuzy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for Premium after not using this app for--geeze--5 years or so. I was happy to see that I had lost some weight since then but only about 10 lbs. so I lowered my goal weight down 10 lbs.

NelliRose13, I also talk & write too much. I get into this steam of consciousness when writing & say too much when talking to others (call them my "blurt outs"; really trying hard to quell that).

Also, I live full-time time in AZ. Where are you located, if you don't mind sharing that?

Excited to get back to MFP & meeting new people to encourage & be encouraged by.