Anyone taking a break from watching calories this Christmas??

Is anyone here taking a break from watching calories over the festive period?? :D

The desserts at the grocery stores are irresistible...

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Yes and no. I always keep calories in the back of my mind. If I ate with total abandon I'm not even sure what would happen. I do always put on a few lbs over the holidays though. Not a big deal. I'll lose it in January.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited December 2017
    I won't log Christmas day, boxing day or new years eve.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,809 Member
    jbvpn wrote: »
    Is anyone here taking a break from watching calories over the festive period?? :D

Yes, of course. Every Christmas. But I increase the amount of exercise I do.

• brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    I am, to an extent. I do my best to log but went a little off the rails with my daughter's birthday party this past weekend. I'm human. My goal is to do my best to maintain and not gain too much, staying in my 5-lb comfort zone.
  • WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    Setting my calories to maintenance from Dec 24-Jan 2 but will be logging every day except Christmas Day
  • AMC110
    AMC110 Posts: 188 Member
    I'm gonna do my best to log what I eat - there'll be a lot of estimations however for food that someone else will be cooking. I'm aiming for maintenance calories on Christmas Day but I'll up my exercise if I go over that, I don't want to be too strict on myself but also don't want to waste all my effort these last few months!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    I find that I can enjoy the holidays and the time with loved ones without gorging myself.
  • rcervetto
    rcervetto Posts: 57 Member
    I haven't 100% decided. We're flying across the country to visit my parents and will be there a week and a half. If it's not too much of a hassle I'll try to keep logging but if I can't keep it up I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I'll continue to be mindful of what I'm eating, watch portions and try to stay in a ballpark calorie range. Planning to make it through without gaining.
  • I'm going to be logging, but will eat at maintenance for several days. That way, I won't lose any progress I have made, but I will have a reasonable amount of treats.
  • piscesjoey
    piscesjoey Posts: 15 Member
    23rd-25th will be a no go for me.