When to purge older larger size clothes??

Options
I have drawers full of clothing for 3 sizes up and am afraid to let them go! Started weight loss journey 13 months ago and in maintenance since April. I don't need the space back but wonder if keeping the clothes is like admitting I will be back there in larger sizes some day! When is it time to let go?

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    My size 20s are gone. I'm wearing 18. I'm wondering whether to get rid of 18 summer pants, cause I plan to be a 16 by summer.
  • OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm putting some clothing aside that is too big now, and will be taking them to Goodwill. I will be keeping things like sweatshirts, and my favorite nightshirt for a while, because they are so comfy and warm, and they don't really require a perfect fit. I haven't really lost enough weight yet to make a huge difference in fit. SW 221 CW 185
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    I don't throw or give any clothes away unless they're torn or thread bare and otherwise unrepairable or worthless. The only clothes that don't fit me anymore are pants, mainly khakis and blue jeans.

They're not suitable for donation and would make great pants to repaint the house in. Just wear them over the pants that do fit. No worries about getting them dirty. Just toss 'em out when I'm done. So, I'm keeping them. ;)
  • guacamole17
    guacamole17 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I tend to pile up the clothes that become "comically big" (which is my very low bar for how long I'll wear clothes). Once I get a box full, I ship them off to my sister and wife who fortunately for them wear the same size - approximately where I started. I just lost one of my favorite dresses and a nice pencil skirt to the box after just shipping them a giant bag full of business and other clothes.

I supplement with JC Penneys, Walmart, Target, and Thredup until I eventually stabilize. I tend to rotate quite a bit, replacing a piece at a time, especially skirts and pants.
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Options
    Size 16 to a 0? @apullum, what are your stats?