Awesome vs Hug

cee134
cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
I'm not a fan of them replacing the Awesome button with Hug. They said they would replace the like button. How am I supposed to know how awesome I am? When do I use the hug button? Is it like the woo button and means many different things?

fy9babmzg92w.png

Reaction Changes
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10623816/reaction-changes#latest

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Will I just start off by saying you're awesome now - would that help ? :smiley:
  • cee134
    Will I just start off by saying you're awesome now - would that help ? :smiley:

I wouldn't stop you. :grin:
  • cee134
    cee134 wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of them replacing the Awesome button with Hug. They said they would replace the like button. How am I supposed to know how awesome I am? When do I use the hug button? Is it like the woo button and means many different things?

fy9babmzg92w.png

Reaction Changes
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10623816/reaction-changes#latest

Your ratio was low anyway...you definitely need the hugs

I was working on it but now my plans are all messed up.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    It's stupid. I know people do the :hugs: thing a lot, but that doesn't mean you replace awesome with it. Bs
  • cee134
    edited December 2017
    The Woo button is good or bad? This is how the browser shows it. Since it's smaller on the screen it looks similar to the Inspiring button.

gmxv1h7jncee.png
  • cee134
    I think its bullshrimp

Bullshrimp sounds delicious. Like Jumbo Shrimp or Carolina Shrimp.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    The Woo button is good or bad? This is how the browser shows it. Since it's smaller on the screen it looks similar to the Inspiring button.

gmxv1h7jncee.png

Definitely not an ambiguous reaction anymore

3eeynlebzo42.jpeg
  • cee134
    caco_ethes wrote: »

gmxv1h7jncee.png

Definitely not an ambiguous reaction anymore

3eeynlebzo42.jpeg

Only if you are on the app though.
  • cee134
    edited December 2017
    Also, is that emoji confused? Is it confused about it's Woo? It seems as confused about Woo as we are on how to use it.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    I think Woo guy is thinking with those shifty eyes "ummmm, what did you just say?"
  • cee134
    81Katz wrote: »
    I think Woo guy is thinking with those shifty eyes "ummmm, what did you just say?"

ukq4wogubisz.png
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    edited December 2017
    I think they should replace insane woo with a crack pipe emoji. And *kitten* “hug.” That’s idiotic. Maybe a subtle silhouette of dogs humping instead for a “dog penetration” reaction.
  • cee134
    They could have gotten rid of the inspiring button. No one uses that *kitten*.

That's the only one I use, so you know that I liked your post and I'm not just a sheep awesoming a post because it has 100 awesomes.
  • sweetsloth
    sweetsloth Posts: 35 Member
    They could have gotten rid of the inspiring button. No one uses that *kitten*.

I would’ve awesomed this, but had to settle for like. MFP is stifling my exuberance!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I am so confused...is hug supposed to be a sympathetic reaction, like "hugs I wish I could comfort you"? Or is it "love" because there is a heart and they took away awesome? Or "I want to hug you because you're so awesome"?

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I am so confused...is hug supposed to be a sympathetic reaction, like "hugs I wish I could comfort you"? Or is it "love" because there is a heart and they took away awesome? Or "I want to hug you because you're so awesome"?

its bless your heart kinda hug

Gotcha!!

Doesn't the "bless your heart" thing mean "you're stupid"?
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member

its bless your heart kinda hug

Gotcha!!

Doesn't the "bless your heart" thing mean "you're stupid"?

not here in the south it doesnt
    yes, in the South its more of a "poor you" or a sympathizing thing