Who's looking forward to the huge influx of New Year's Resolutions people?

Options

Replies

• Xelbabe
    Xelbabe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Not new to MFP, but new to the forums.. what's "woo"?
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Now, now. They may come full of hope and misinformation, woo and no real commitment, but some of them stay for good and change their lives. It's worth the rest of us suffering though 100s of 'starvation mode' and 'sugar is evil' threads to help the few who stick with it... right?
    LOL, ask me again in february!

That was me last year, sorta. I started tracking via another system in December 2016 and switched back to MFP right after the new year. It was just a coincidence though. But I did make my fair share of woo posts at first and had to be educated :D
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    IMO, unfortunately, anyone that has to wait for a "traditional" day for behavior change instead of working to make the change when they realize there is a problem is doomed to failure.

This.

Personally, I'm not looking forward to the influx of people who play into resolutions coming to the gym. Granted, they will be gone by the end of the month. Good job for those who keep going there after.
  • Mewwwww
    Mewwwww Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Eh, resolutions...For new years? Don't do them anymore. The less new years resolutions I create, the higher my chances to find what I'm looking for.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    You see a lot of new people, but also a lot of people who had left and came back...

Everyone starts somewhere, but statistics show that 90% of new gym goers drop out within like the first month

Or so says the internet
  • Mewwwww
    Options
    You see a lot of new people, but also a lot of people who had left and came back...

Everyone starts somewhere, but statistics show that 90% of new gym goers drop out within like the first month

Or so says the internet

1 1/2 year later for me.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Mewwwww wrote: »

Or so says the internet

1 1/2 year later for me.

Congrats! You are one of the few!

I never joined a gym, my garage is my gym, love it
  • Mewwwww
    Options

Or so says the internet

1 1/2 year later for me.

Turned my livingroom to my gym lol. Mounting a punching bag outside sometime this week. Going to do some kicks and punches until I can move no more lol.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

Or so says the internet

1 1/2 year later for me.

Turned my livingroom to my gym lol. Mounting a punching bag outside sometime this week. Going to do some kicks and punches until I can move no more lol.

That's pretty awesome, I read somewhere that a really good way to exercise is to get a big Rubbermaid bin and put dumbbells, rope, resistance bands etc in it and put it in the living room

Also, no summer Olympics sport burns more calories than boxing, she's a clever girl!
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    IMO, unfortunately, anyone that has to wait for a "traditional" day for behavior change instead of working to make the change when they realize there is a problem is doomed to failure.

Wow...aren't you just a ray of sunshine and hope! lol! Ba hum bug. Don't be too positive. lol

Sorry you feel that way, but if someone want's to make a positive change in their life, why wait 5 minutes not to mention until 1/1?

I'm all for people bettering themselves.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,829 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to it because it means there will be less cake and cookies and trash floating around the workplace and also food facebook posts will decrease. LOL. I don't partake, but it gets old starting around Halloween having all of this shoved in your face and people insisting you need to fatten up so leaving things on your desk etc..
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I was one of those this year. Waited until January 15th, though. ;)
    After several years of avoiding the hard work (tracking, eat less, etc.) and hoping for magic to happen (the woo!!), I buckled down, still here almost a year later and in for the long haul.
    See this phenomenon every January at the pool where I swim lengths. Soooo busy for about 4 weeks but by early February, most have fallen by the wayside. Kind of sad, really, people have good intentions but maybe find the whole process too daunting.