Moving from Crossfit to Lifting on my own

Hi folks.... I’m considering a change from Crossfit to working out on my own in a gym. Crossfit has given me a great strength base, and I am comfortable lifting heavy, but I have no idea how to put together my own routine. What would you recommend as a good starting plan for someone like me? My main goals are to continue to gain strength and add shape?

Replies

• dasloompa
    dasloompa Posts: 3 Member
    Perfect. Thanks!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Strating Strength LP until you drain it. Then move to a intermediate program such as The Bridge.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Strating Strength LP until you drain it. Then move to a intermediate program such as The Bridge.
    This
  • JAYxMSxPES
    JAYxMSxPES Posts: 193 Member
    dasloompa wrote: »
    Hi folks.... I’m considering a change from Crossfit to working out on my own in a gym. Crossfit has given me a great strength base, and I am comfortable lifting heavy, but I have no idea how to put together my own routine. What would you recommend as a good starting plan for someone like me? My main goals are to continue to gain strength and add shape?

Just out of my own curiosity, what all has lead to this change? I've actually known a few people that were die-hard CF folks and walked away from it after 2 or 3 years.
  • dasloompa
    dasloompa Posts: 3 Member
    I am drawn more to the heavy lifting aspect rather than the typical WOD. I would like to take a stab at eventually designing my own routines once I get comfortable. Plus, I’m naturally introverted, and while I absolutely LOVE my Crossfit community, I think I would recharge my batteries better by working out solo. And, then there’s always the $$$$ aspect of Crossfit...