Workout headphones, ear buds..Need advice.

Options
Hey guys, I’ve had bluetooth full size headphones for 3 months now, the ones with the foamy pads but they’re pretty big, hit things and are starting to stink. Do you guys recommend the smaller bluetooth earbuds that have a wire connecting them (I’m afraid the wire will be behind my neck where I sweat the most)? Or do you recommend true wireless? Thanks in advance guys!!!

Replies

• Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have wireless Beats earbuds. The little wire connecting the two kind of just hangs down under my chin. It doesn't get in the way and they are great headphones!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I need wireless earbuds with hooks around the ears. Even the ones "guaranteed" not to fall out, do with my ears. I've just bought some cheaper ones with good ratings on Amazon for the gym--they tend to get lots of wear-and-tear and I don't want to spend a lot of money on things I'm hard on. Bought a couplel wireless ones there that have been great and under $35.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Bought these for $23 work fine. Fit is going to be an individual issue. On any one person $20 headphones may fit find and $200 ones suck or the other way around.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071QXCHTH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I've got iSport wireless, Beats wireless over ear style and neither stay in my ears. Ended up getting cheap ones from The Source (Canada's Radio Shack), an over the ear pair and they stay in when running or lifting.

Kinda pissed I spent what I did on the Beats when they fall off just lying on a bench, let alone when running.
  • R4U1R0DR1GU3Z
    R4U1R0DR1GU3Z Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help guys!!! Needed to hear from real people and not the ones paid to make those top ten lists. Went for the powerbeats, they were on special at best buy. Hopefully I will get to try them tonight :)
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    For women with small ears, Try Yurbuds.

Even those didn’t work for me. :neutral:
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    MPOW cheetah headphones. I LOVE mine and they hold a really decent charge!
  • zugmeister
    zugmeister Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I got a pair of those ones that plug in your ears with the rubber tip, but one fell out while I was riding my bike. So I got the ones that go in your ear and twist to lock, but they fall out too. Finally got some with ear hooks and a wire connecting them and they work fine. Sadly, not much bass and they pass wind noise like a stethoscope!
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G8JO5F2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    If I was able to start over, I'd go with a pair of Airpods and a wire to connect them together.
  • R4U1R0DR1GU3Z
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Did get to try them out and they’re great!!! They don’t get in the way, they don’t get full of sweat and the bass is incredible, it’s like i’m hearing songs for the first time.
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have the Apple AirPods and they are fantastic. I'm super picky about earbuds and these are comfortable, sound amazing, last forever and crazy easy to charge. My husband got them for me and I was kind of snotty about it, thinking I would hate them. Wrong. As usuaal. He knows me better than I know me.
  • R4U1R0DR1GU3Z
    Options
    Those are way cool!!!
  • the_prez3
    the_prez3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    olive1968 wrote: »
    I have the Apple AirPods and they are fantastic. I'm super picky about earbuds and these are comfortable, sound amazing, last forever and crazy easy to charge. My husband got them for me and I was kind of snotty about it, thinking I would hate them. Wrong. As usuaal. He knows me better than I know me.

Same here. I’ve had AirPods for almost a year. I even wear them while biking and they don’t fall out. A suggestion for anyone using them, make sure to wipe off the metal contacts on them before placing them back into the case. If you have any salt from sweating on them, it will corrode the contacts inside the case preventing them from charging. A quick cleaning with some electronics cleaner and a Q tip took care of that. Now I just wipe them off first.
  • YOLO145
    YOLO145 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I was just gifted the otium bluetooth headphones. They have the earhooks and multiple tips. I use the smaller tips and they fit snug and cancel out a lot of noise (including the person next to me on the arc trainer who *insists* on having a cell phone conversation). They have nice bass and don't fall out!
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I
    YOLO145 wrote: »
    I was just gifted the otium bluetooth headphones. They have the earhooks and multiple tips. I use the smaller tips and they fit snug and cancel out a lot of noise (including the person next to me on the arc trainer who *insists* on having a cell phone conversation). They have nice bass and don't fall out!

I have the same one!! Op this is a really good Bluetooth headphone. I ended up trying out others, and found myself returning them. One went inside of my earlobe, and my ears are small, so it kinda hurt got returned. One was a full blown headphone that went on my ear, and it was just so huge didn't like it, so it got friend. The otium one I got from Amazon was my absolute favorite.
  • mengqiz86
    mengqiz86 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Powerbeats - Bluetooth earbuds by Beats. Been using it for a year and still a favorite
  • charlenekapf
    charlenekapf Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I like Jaybirds
  • Greybeard51
    Greybeard51 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I use epic 2bt. They hook over the ear. I've been using them for 6 months daily and no problems with falling out. I did replace the silicone covers to get a better fit.
    https://www.jlabaudio.com/products/epic2-bluetooth-wireless-sport-earbuds?variant=23929662087
  • R4U1R0DR1GU3Z
    Options
    mengqiz86 wrote: »
    Powerbeats - Bluetooth earbuds by Beats. Been using it for a year and still a favorite

Thank you!!! Those are the ones I bought!!!
  • wsusan162
    wsusan162 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have a BoomBot mini bluetooth speaker I use when running outside. No earphones so I can hear what's going on around me, of course I'm subjecting other people around me to my (somewhat questionable) music choices (Jump in the line by Harry Belafonte anyone)