Workout headphones, ear buds..Need advice.

Options
2»

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    For others looking for recommendations: I have tiny ears and I used the cheap bluetooth earbuds on Amazon for years. They worked just fine. I got a pair of Jaybird wireless earbuds for Christmas and they seem great so far. I've run over 15 miles total with them and they haven't fallen out yet, though I do wish they were slightly smaller. They also work perfectly well to use just one and leave the other at home.
  • R4U1R0DR1GU3Z
    R4U1R0DR1GU3Z Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    wsusan162 wrote: »
    I have a BoomBot mini bluetooth speaker I use when running outside. No earphones so I can hear what's going on around me, of course I'm subjecting other people around me to my (somewhat questionable) music choices (Jump in the line by Harry Belafonte anyone)

That's pretty cool, must be a trip passing by you. Awareness in open terrain is a must.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Yurbuds are the only ones I can keep in my ears. I had a drawer full of other kinds but either couldn't keep them in my ears or they would hurt after only a few minutes. I had basically resorted to just playing my phone on low in my pocket in the hopes I wasn't disturbing anyone. (Mostly I'm walking in low people density areas anyway.) If I'm in a more crowded area or doing a road race, then the Yurbuds are the way to go.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yurbuds here too. Did you try the small ones?
  • jwilk241
    jwilk241 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My husband gave me the Apple AirPods for Christmas and they are a game changer! I used to use his wireless Bose headphones but I hated how hot it made my ears feel (they go over your ears). The AirPods stay in place and the sound is great.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Shure. Best earphones ever.

I like in-ears though, so it may not be your thing. I have the SE215's (second set as my dog ate my last ones) and the sound is incredible for the price point. I don't use wireless though...I have no issues with the cord as I am used to it. I do know they make the same model wireless but but can't comment on that.

For sound quality and price point, they beat Bose hands down.
  • R4U1R0DR1GU3Z
    R4U1R0DR1GU3Z Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My Powerbeats3 Wireless went out mid workout, :( I thought they were sweat resistant, or maybe I took it too far. The volume controller was drenched in sweat. Apple care was extremely nice, they’re going to exchange them. I had started tucking them inside my beanie, but that wasn’t enough, I think I’ll push the volume knob to one side when I get the new ones.
  • temazur
    temazur Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I use a pair of Skullcandy Methods and they've been pretty good so far. They have a band that rests on your neck, so that might be a problem for some people, but I've not had them pop out, and even if they do, they'd just dangle off the neckband. :) And yes, they are sweat resistant as well.
  • Agator82
    Agator82 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    If you are open to a bone conduction wireless headphone I have a set of Trekz Titanium.

I have had them for two months now and love them. I went through a dozen pairs of wireless and wired ear buds and so far these have held up better than most. I was lucky enough to get them on sale for $70 in December.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I really like Jamz Transit wireless earbuds. Less than $25 on Amazon.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Trekz Titanium - bone conduction Bluetooth headphones. Don't go into your ear but sits on the bone in front of it. I've done kettlebell workouts, weights, cardio, plyo and running with it - does not move, fall out due to sweating or has wires that tangles, and has the added bonus of hearing what is going on around you while listening to music. They were pricey, but worth every $$
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I just treated myself to the Apple earpods, loving them so far!
  • Johns_Dope_AF
    Johns_Dope_AF Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    bluetooth beats or apple earpods
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Powerbeats 4 lyfe. ;) I tried the AirPods, but I just plain hate them. They're hard and don't feel secure in my ear, so that even though they don't fall out I'm distracted by wondering if they will. Plus I hate not being able to fully and directly control my music on the headphones--the whole point of wireless is that I don't want to have to be tied to my phone!