Shoes

Options
2»

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I have 2. One pair of good quality running shoes (brooks) and one pair of cheap tennis shoes that I wear to lift weights. It does get annoying having to remember to pack the right shoes. When I have to wear my cheap shoes on the treadmill, my feet are not happy.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    gmc685 wrote: »
    I have a couple of extra dollars to spend on gym shoes. I was wondering what the consensus is on having more than one pair of shoes to exercise with? I am boxing, running, and weightlifting for exercise, and my last pair of shoes are absolutely done for. If I invest in two pairs, should I buy a pair for running and another pair for cross training? Do people have favorite brands?
    Thanks for the suggestions
    xx

If you run, then your running shoes should be dedicated to running. If you use them for other things the mileage life is reduced, and at an unknown rate. I tend to use newer running shoes for long distance, then once they've done 400 miles only on shorter runs of less than ten miles. Replace them at 600 miles.

And fwiw, I use:
    • Inov-8 Road Claw for road running, three pairs
    • Inov-8 Race Ultra for most trail running up to 50 Mile distance
    • Inov-8 MudClaw for muddy/ wet trail up to 50Km
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    For running, Get a good pair of running shoes. See Fleet feet, or another quality running focused store.

For lifting, Get a good pair of solid minimal drop shoes. Chucks/Vans or Vibrams or mat/swim shoes. If you get into competition, you may need a pair of squat boots(talk to someone else, that's not my bag).

This. If the OP is in the US, we are in the middle of wrestling season so you will probably start seeing discounts on wrestling shoes.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I like reebok nanos, and I get them on sale for $60. I also have some nike running shoes. I have about 20 different pairs of gym shoes. I don't do long distance running FYI. I do a lot of body weight exercises and barbell lifts.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Brooks ghost for pavement running.
    Converse for weights.
    Nike’s for trail running.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    If you wear them often and are hard on them, like for running, you gotta replace them every few months. Running motion is a front to back motion, you need specific running shoes. But not $400 ones!

You can even train in socks for boxing and weight training. You don't need specific shoes for them.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    [you need specific running shoes. But not $400 ones!

I only train in Prada or Versace !

.... or my beat up Reeboks

okay, the Reeboks