Whey Protein Powder for women

Options
2»

Replies

• acollis1
    acollis1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I use Whey to go by Solgar. Get it at the vitamin shoppe, it has 90 calories, 20 grams of protein.... NO artificial anything including sugars plus no cholesterol.... something I didn't realize some protein powders have like 60mg of cholesterol per serving (an issue for me) I have to admit its and aquired taste, but you get used to it!! Also one of the highest rated doesn't contain some of the harmful chemical others do! Read about it.........
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    as a few others have said, there is no gender specific protein powder. I am lactose intolerant but I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Whey Isolates. It's 24g a scoop (31.5 grams) for 120 cals.
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    If you decide to go on protein and taste after you finish the one you have I would suggest muscle pharm-banana cream. It's delicious and 24g protein, 130 cals.

It works for me when I'm short macros.

Thanks brit!! I'll check that one out!!
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
    I know that protein shakes are not gender specific!
    My question was mainly workout-related. Whether it is mainly for heavy lifters, or if I could take it to meet my macros!!

All your input was valuable, and moral of the story: if it meets my macros and cal goals, then i should go for it!
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Bump-interesting links on timing of protein shakes.
  • claudialenz711
    Options
    Same here! I use the choc flavoured one in my home made breakfast bar! Lush, healthy, well balanced treat ;)
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I love seeing quackery being beaten to death with science & common sense. :heart: