How many calories is your breakfast?

Options
12346»

Replies

• dorrien12
    Options
    I don't eat as soon as I get up, but later when I do, it's one packet of instant oatmeal. That's about 231 calories after I add a little margarine and cinnamon.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    My breakfast (which is at 2pm) is 4.5oz of chicken, a cup of asparagus and .5oz of almonds which is about 310 Cals.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Usually between 200-250 cals, though I'm thinking to increase it to about 300...
  • Chokis
    Chokis Posts: 131
    Options
    I eat by the little saying "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a peasant"
    Funny, in Russia we have a saying, "Eat your breakfast yourself, share your lunch with a fiend, and give your dinner to your enemy", LOL! But yeah, kind of the same meaning!

I eat 600-900 calories for breakfast. 1600 calories total + exercise calories (could be 500-600 extra calories).
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
  • ThomiLeary
    Options
    My breakfast is usually about 273 calories (cheese omelette with 2 eggs, 1 oz of 2% cheese, a pinch of sea salt and a generous amount of fresh cracked black pepper) but once or twice a week, I have a 385 calorie breakfast (breakfast sandwich with 1 egg, 1 oz of 2% cheese, 3 slices of turkey bacon on a toasted arnold sandwich flat) but I love eggs so that works for me. When I do have oatmeal, I love cinnamon raisin oatmeal and I make some by adding 1/2 cup raisins, 0.50 tsp cinnamon and a 1tsp of light brown to 1 cup of steel cut oatmeal (1/4 cup uncooked = 1 cup cooked) and after I put 1 serving in a bowl, I top it with 2 tbsp of half and half (you can use whatever you prefer but I like the creaminess it adds to the oatmeal) and that is 258 calories per serving. I also like oatmeal with sugar free pancake syrup and nuts (pecans especially but walnuts work too).
  • electrokinetic
    Options
    I know many people will say it is wrong, but most of the time I don't have breakfast. I don't feel hungry at all in mornings. If I do eat something it is a bowl of cereal with skim milk or a fiber bar or yogurt. I drink lots of water in the morning because I am always thirsty after a night's sleep (lots of sinus/ allergy problems that swell up my nose during the night so I am a mouth breather when I sleep).

You asked what breakfast was, not what we thought it should be. :drinker:

I tried the exact same thing last year. I didnt eat a lot throughout the day but it also took me like three months to lose 5 lbs with plenty of exercise. Fruit is a good alternative since its light and easy to digest. I do however get a bit hungry around 1030 and ignore that hunger till lunch

I usually eat either a single egg omelet with veggies or a fruit salad. That comes to about 200-350 calories for breakfast.
  • Blitz_40
    Blitz_40 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My bff has lost 120 pounds by changing her eating habits - portion & types of food. She keeps telling me:

Breakfast like a King
    Lunch like a Prince
    Dinner like a Pauper

I've not been very successful with this because morning is not my favorite time of day to eat....