Why am I so obsessed if certain people like my Facebook posts?

Options
Workout4Health
Workout4Health Posts: 447 Member
Like sometimes, someone I know will like many of my posts, but then for several of days doesn't like anything. Do you think it's because they're busy? Sometimes I feel like something is wrong. Is it normal to feel this way? One time I even got mad at my friend for not liking my posts. He likes in spurts and then doesn't go online. He told me he'd rather just see me in person and talk anyways.

And I know that getting likes is superficial but in a weird way it makes me feel validated.

Replies

• eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Honestly this is a tell tale sign they want to sleep with you
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    You are overthinking this. FB is not real life and therefore does not count for anything much in my opinion.

So it doesn't matter who does or doesn't like your posts. FB is not a measure of your worth. If you want to feel validated stop worrying about facebook and do something worthwhile in the real world.

Someone liking a picture of what you have just eaten for lunch for example is not a benchmark to measure your life against.

Don't let FB dictate your moods or how you feel toward other people, especially your friends.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    You are reading too much into it. If you think one of your friends is mad or there is something wrong then speak to them. Don't sit there assuming things just because they haven't clicked a button on an electronic device.

Young people put too much value on being "liked" it is ridiculous. Not everyone is hanging on your every post just so they can make a comment.

Get your priorities right. Go out with your freinds, talk to them, have fun with them and stop worrying about what people on FB may or may not be thinking about your posts. It really doesnt matter. It a social media site not REAL LIFE.
  • LBgetsfit
    LBgetsfit Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I’m pretty short so my opinion probably doesn’t count to you... but here goes it anyway: it sounds like you could do with focusing on yourself for the next while instead of worrying and overthinking everyone else’s opinions of you. Maybe take some time to learn who you are at the core and then the number of “likes” on social media won’t matter so much anymore.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you could use some time away from Facebook to focus on yourself and the IRL things in your life.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you could use some time away from Facebook to focus on yourself and the IRL things in your life.

I spent a lot of time with new family or family that I haven’t seen my whole life. And they liked my post but today haven’t got likes.

Because most adults with stuff to do on a day to day basis don’t really care about Facebook.
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I will smash that like button for you just add me as a friend
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Unless you are someone's only facebook friend they may be looking at many many posts each day and not see or like everything everyone posts particularly if they don't spend a lot of time on facebook. If you post a lot of junk they may have even used the feature that lets them see less of your posts.
    So yes you are being obsessive and worrying too much over stuff that isn't very important if you are keeping track of facebook likes to feel validated. Get out and see your friends more in person.
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I quit using fb bc ppl were getting to ridiculous and getting mad about anything and everything. then I see others trying to make ppl mad. No thanks I'm good without it
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    Are you the same with your friends on here too?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If it's me your thinking of, please know that now that I've found myfitnesspal I'm just not that in to facebook anymore.