Why am I so obsessed if certain people like my Facebook posts?

2»

Replies

• tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    deleted my facebook three years ago.. such a great feeling. no longer seeking validation online.. (like this please!!) lol
  • nocookiestoday
    nocookiestoday Posts: 1,022 Member
    I don't have a Facebook account, so that my family and co-workers can't add me; but I think they have a disable button or something one step down from a permanent removal. Maybe try that so you can "get a break" from it for a bit. It looks like you're focusing too hard or over-thinking what's going on, and that can't be healthy. :heart:
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Facebook is so 2012.

All the cool kids these days are on MySpace.
  • fitmama282
    fitmama282 Posts: 36 Member
    edited December 2017
    I am the same way with FB. I only have a few cousins & co-workers who always like my posts. And it's the same people all the time. I guess that's how you tell who your real friends are. Even certain people in my family don't even hit the like button. I have often thought that every time i post something & don't get likes from certain friends on FB, it just sets me up for disappointment. I have thought that maybe if i would not post much, it would be better. I try to remember one of my favorite life quotes "Don't expect anything from certain people and you won't be disappointed"
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Well it's not much different here is it? Selfies so posed and filtered that we probably couldnt recognize half the people in real life.....why? Because everyone wants to see nice comment. I don't mind the selfies, I actually enjoy a lot of them. But i have always said, if people worried more about looking and feeling good, and less of how to be perceived in such a way, we wouldn't need so mu h computer generated make up artistry and speedily lighting pose selfies. Wanting likes is social media, not just facebook. And almost everybody is afflicted with it, not just those that admit it.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited December 2017
    I dare you to sign out for 30 days. Yoda.
    https://youtu.be/QxLYbmD7bPs
    https://youtu.be/iuo2VEJoDk4
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Facebook has a new feature. If your universe of facebook friends aren't posting enough nonsense, facebook fills your screen with necro-nonsense from years before.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited December 2017
    This was actually a problem for me when I was younger. I started obsessing about getting likes and attention *eyeroll*. It reached a point where I had to step back, because I realized how RIDICULOUS it is to want superficial validation from random people on the net. I ended up deleting my FB and Instagram and it was such a relief. I feel like social media is MEANT to f****ck with your head a little bit. That’s why it’s so popular. It taps in to our intrinsic need to be liked and validated. Mark and them knew what they were doing.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited December 2017
    This was actually a problem for me when I was younger. I started obsessing about getting likes and attention *eyeroll*. It reached a point where I had to step back, because I realized how RIDICULOUS it is to want superficial validation from random people on the net. I ended up deleting my FB and Instagram and it was such a relief. I feel like social media is MEANT to f****ck with your head a little bit. That’s why it’s so popular. It taps in to our intrinsic need to be liked and validated. Mark and them knew what they’re doing.

Like :) Even though you don't need me to like it.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    edited December 2017
    fitmama282 wrote: »
    I am the same way with FB. I only have a few cousins & co-workers who always like my posts. And it's the same people all the time. I guess that's how you tell who your real friends are.Even certain people in my family don't even hit the like button. I have often thought that every time i post something & don't get likes from certain friends on FB, it just sets me up for disappointment. I have thought that maybe if i would not post much, it would be better. I try to remember one of my favorite life quotes "Don't expect anything from certain people and you won't be disappointed"

No, I tell who my real friends are by who I spend time with away from the Internet. One of my best friends who I talk to for hours sometimes a day doesn’t even have Facebook. We also never text each other.

I got rid of Facebook for most of 2017 but got it back recently because one of my women’s groups posts updates on our weekly meeting place and time on a facebook group, so it was convenient for me to get it back. I went through my friends list and curated it very specifically. I asked myself if I saw them at target, would I stop to have a conversation to catch up with them? If the answer was no, deleted they went.
  • Don't be as concerned with your reputation as with your character