2»

Replies

• jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    jc1961AA wrote: »
    What did MFP setup suggest? Have you tried that?

1677 calories a day, which seems very low for me as I love food.
    We all love food... It sounds low, I agree. What rate of loss, and what activity level, did you pick?

I don't know, the BMR calculator i used just asked for my gender, weight, height and age
    Then you didn't answer my question. I should have noticed - MFP gives round numbers - so let's try again, what does MFP give you when you enter your stats, a reasonable judgement of your own activity level (before exercise) and goal to lose 1/2 or 1/4 kilo per week?

1800 calories with the goal of losing 0.25kg per week
    Good, that sounds a bit better. Maybe you're more active than you think? If you set your activity level higher, you get more calories. Remember that you're supposed to eat back your exercise calories too (just be careful, the numbers are somewhat inflated, so eat back 50-75%).

Yes that sounds better. I may take my physical activities to 5 days a week as I am coping pretty well with 4 sessions a week. Thank you!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    What did MFP setup suggest? Have you tried that?

1677 calories a day, which seems very low for me as I love food.
    We all love food... It sounds low, I agree. What rate of loss, and what activity level, did you pick?

I don't know, the BMR calculator i used just asked for my gender, weight, height and age
    Then you didn't answer my question. I should have noticed - MFP gives round numbers - so let's try again, what does MFP give you when you enter your stats, a reasonable judgement of your own activity level (before exercise) and goal to lose 1/2 or 1/4 kilo per week?

1800 calories with the goal of losing 0.25kg per week
    Good, that sounds a bit better. Maybe you're more active than you think? If you set your activity level higher, you get more calories. Remember that you're supposed to eat back your exercise calories too (just be careful, the numbers are somewhat inflated, so eat back 50-75%).

Yes that sounds better. I may take my physical activities to 5 days a week as I am coping pretty well with 4 sessions a week. Thank you!
    MFP is the best, but it has a few traps, and this is one of them. If I read you correctly... How many times a week do you plan on exercising? doesn't do a thing. How would you describe your normal daily activities? is what gives you more calories. And that means non-exercise activity, but it's actually pretty generous; I seem to maintain on a calorie level compatible to lightly active, even though I consider myself sedentary.
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have an office job, so obviously a lot of sitting down. I try to be as active as I can, and until due to my circumstances I could not go to the gym regularly or like before when I was doing a lot of cardio (running and cycling). Working the late shift also, I find it very difficult to stick to healthy eating at work, that's something I really need to address if I want to have some kind of success