Egg-free breakfast ideas?

Options
13»

Replies

• SwissHausfrau
    SwissHausfrau Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I’ve lived in several countries and Bread was the one thing I missed so I make my own sourdough.
    It’s a long process as it takes several days, but only a few mins each day.
    Just flour, salt and water.
    I make one a week.

I wish it were that simple, I haven’t found any breads, muffins, waffles, or bagels at the store that don’t contain eggs in the ingredients. (It probably helps to note I live in the middle of nowhere and only have a Walmart within an hour of my home) I would make them at home but I haven’t had any luck making eggfree versions that aren’t rubbery/gross. Thanks though.[/quote]

• SwissHausfrau
    SwissHausfrau Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    teahlee123 wrote: »
    l. I've also heard it said that there's no specific food called "breakfast food", so you can easily use some of the same things you use for lunch or dinner. Leftovers from one day's evening meal can be breakfast for the next day.

I completely agree - we have been programmed to think ‘breakfast’ means ‘breakfast food’ when I’m in India I eat curry for breakfast... your stomach has no concept of time
  • humayqarabagli1
    humayqarabagli1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, friend. I eat cottage cheese with raisin and date or fruits specially apple. It is full of protein. You can also eat these with egg free bread. In my country, we do not add egg to bread. Simple bread which we use everday is consist of water, salt, Yeast and flour
  • humayqarabagli1
    humayqarabagli1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bake fish the night before and eat it in the morning. No one says you have to eat only "breakfast foods" for breakfast. Salmon is my favorite and it really powers me through the morning. If it makes you feel weird eating dinner for breakfast, make it into a sandwich with cheese and maybe tomato or spinach. Or try grilled cheese for breakfast.
    I absolutely agree with u.
  • mrs_sutsie
    mrs_sutsie Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    What about smoked fish - haddock, kippers or salmon ? Serve with grilled tomatoes / mushrooms. Maybe make a nice spicy kedgeree (minus the eggs of course!)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    teahlee123 wrote: »
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

Bacon, ham, muffins, pancakes, toast with jam, marmalade, waffles, bagels, etc.

I wish it were that simple, I haven’t found any breads, muffins, waffles, or bagels at the store that don’t contain eggs in the ingredients. (It probably helps to note I live in the middle of nowhere and only have a Walmart within an hour of my home) I would make them at home but I haven’t had any luck making eggfree versions that aren’t rubbery/gross. Thanks though.

The ingredient list for Sara Lee whole wheat bread does not list eggs. I have purchased it at my local Wamart in the middle of nowhere many times.
    https://www.saraleebread.com/our-breads/classic-100-whole-wheat-bread
    Thomas' original English muffins do not list eggs in the ingredients.
    https://thomasbreads.com/products/original-english-muffins
  • pittcurl
    pittcurl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love banana based pancakes, but using almond flour instead:
    http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/banana-pancakes-eggless-14130
  • kempt88
    kempt88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    avocado on toast .
    peanut butter and banana on toast
    peanut butter on digestive biscuit
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Grilled trout with wild rice and mushrooms...
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Turkey melt?
  • Pie319
    Pie319 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    COTTAGE CHEESE with whatever you want in it. high protein and can be mixed with sweet or savory items for whatever flavor you feel like. I mix mine with hard boiled eggs, which obviously wont work for you, but you can try tomatos, avocado, or other fruit.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    kempt88 wrote: »
    avocado on toast .
    peanut butter and banana on toast
    peanut butter on digestive biscuit

You got my vote!