How long did it take you to lose 30 pounds or more?

Options

Replies

• aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    From January 25 to July 30 - about seven months, and that's with not a ton of exercise.

Look at it this way: those 7 months would have passed anyway - least I'm 30 lbs lighter now :)
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    30 lbs in 4 mos. I started on April 15 2013.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I started on April10th this year and by mid-July I had lost 30 pounds. I eat healthy non -processed food and walk a minimum of 30 minutes each day at a brisk pace and walk with my dog again later in the day. As you can see I did nothing drastic. I eat 1200 calories , which is age and height appropriate.
    Up to now I have lost 33 pounds with no loss over the last two weeks.
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    It has taken me 7 months to lose 37 pounds. Starting mid January 2013 to March 2013 I lost 19 pounds I had a low activity month that was by mid March to mid April and I didn't lose during that time (I think I even gained 4 pounds that month). In April I bought the bodymedia link armband and I got right back on track on May 15 I bought Body Revolution from Jillian Michaels and I have lost another 18 pounds. I am currently doing phase 2 of body revolution and eating 1200-1500 calories a day, some days I eat back some of my exercise calories.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends how much you have to lose. My first 30lbs I lost in about 2 months (it really just fell off). The most recent 30lbs have taken about 5 1/2 months.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs in the first 6 months, 62 lbs in the first year, 85 lbs in the first 18 months
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Depends... I've lost 30 lbs several times.

The first time, I ate 0-300 calories a day for a month and dropped 40 pounds. DUMB messed up my health

The second time, I lost 30 lbs in about a year. Then I dropped 30 more over the next two years.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 24lb in just under 3 months, so my 30th should come sometime in september making it 3 1/2 months. I was 80+lb over weight so i had alot to lose.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    1/17/2013 345
    3/11/2013 315
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Lost 30 lbs in a bout a month and a half. Was losing about 10 lbs a week when I started.

Mind you I was at least 320 lbs when I started. I may have been heavier, since I didnt weigh myself when I started.

Although, I did it by making a huge lifestyle change. Started hiking every weekend, cut down my calories significantly and carefully watched what I ate.

I lost 100 lbs in about 8 or 9 months. Ive put some of it back on though, as Ive been strength training and eating more.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    well I recently lost over 30 pounds in about 72 hours - I had a baby!! Hah! But,seriously, don't be discouraged when it slows down, because it will slow down the closer you get to goal, take it one day at a time and try to feel yourself getting stronger and healthier as well as thinking about the poundage.
  • osnapitznatasha
    Options
    How? :noway:
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    The most I have lost in 3 months is 30 pounds. When I get into the groove, I am very dedicated.

I did take a peek at your diary. Is there any way you can drop a couple hundred calories more and cut your carbs a little?

If you cut out the sweets and processed food, you'll lose more.

I noticed you don't have any drinks logged. Are you only drinking water?

I've lost 15 in a little over a month but I am very dedicated and strict.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Almost a year.

Good news is, the way I did it, I transitioned easily to maintenance and haven't really had much struggle keeping it off in the last 5 months, and I get to eat ALL THE FOODS! :)
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Took me forever (as in over a year) but I'm glad I did it that way now since I have zero skin issues and am getting pretty muscles too. Good luck!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    It took me 5 months to lose 25, if that helps. I put myself on maintenance after that for close to a year (stress from finals, graduation, new job, new job position, training, etc.), and lost another 20 in about 5 more months.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I cant remember for sure, but I think it took around 5 months to lose 30.
  • Imperfect_Angel
    Imperfect_Angel Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Years ago when I was 25 (I am now 33 & have had 2 babies) I lost 52lbs in about 3-4 months....Totally struggling to lose the weight now :sad: