Sweet n sour detoxification juice

2»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,576 Member
    Honestly, I wouldn't spend calories on that vs. eating some whole fruit with nice filling fiber in it. They're right: Detox ain't a thing.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,212 Member
    I made a juice full of superfoods that aid in detoxification such as lemon, grapefruit, orange juice, and apple cider vinegar and cinnamon. I added a packet of stevia and 2 Tbsp honey to balance the sour taste. Honey is a natural antioxidant and cinnamon helps with detoxification and the balancing of blood sugar levels! Add water!

If you take the vinegar out of it, i can see it might be a tasty and enjoyable drink and depending ow much water you use, not that high calorie.

But it isnt super foods and it isnt detoxing.

If you like it ( even with the ACV !! ) and it fits into your calorie allowance and you have no medical contra indications - then, sure, drink it
    Just don't credit it with any magic properties - it is just a combination of food ingredients, like any other recipe.

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,212 Member
    and if you are going to drink it regularly, perhaps use recipe builder and log it as sweet and sour juice.

or even detoxification juice if it makes you feel better - after all ,we can label our recipes whatever we like.

• pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Can't we at least wait until January 2nd to start with the "detox" threads...?

But we have to get ready for our new gym membership we got for xmas
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    TIL that Stevia is a superfood.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Congrats on making a smoothie, "Debtfree."
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    opsakt6gflxa.jpg
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Honey and hot water is great when you have a cough though. Feels good on the throat.

You forgot the whiskey part!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    that sounds disgusting