Fitness Goals for Next Year

Options
I've tried my best to set a few fitness goals for next year. The main one being to at least lose around half a stone by this time next year.

I also just want to become stronger. I managed to be able to press 80lb on the leg press and I at least want to get up to 100 lb.

Another one is just to be able to by something from Gymshark. I love some of their leggings/jackets and I would love to be able to buy something next year.

Does anyone else have any fitness goals next year? I hope everyone has a happy new year!

Replies

• amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    chunkerson wrote: »
    I've got 5 marathons booked. Slightly scared now, my first one is 3rd march!

I also would like to lose two stone but I'm hoping the running will help with that one.

Good luck with the marathon! I'm sure you'll do amazing!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I have started competing in powerlifting. Goal in general is to increase 1 rep max on the three lifts. In particular want to get over 300 on deadlift and finally increase bench to 135. Also plan to train for a half marathon.
  • maryjennifer
    maryjennifer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am starting a 300 swing kettlebell workout tomorrow
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Surviving my 100mile race in Feb and 500 deadlift. Pretty much just working on endurance + strength.
  • dale1608
    dale1608 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Lose 15-20 pounds
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Increase all my lifts; goals include 135# bench, 200# squat, 250# deadlift.
  • TiisTitanium
    TiisTitanium Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    So many fitness goals so little time. Or more accurately to achieve them, I need to devote time and practice to them.

Straightforward ones are to improve my skills on the static trapeze and Lyra.

Meduim hardness goals are to master one handed handstands and do a one handed pullup

The "So hard that I think i might be slightly loco to think it is possible to achieve" goals are human flag and planche.
  • MossiO
    MossiO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Do an unassisted pullup!
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Conquer the Box Jump.
    Once and for all, amen.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Build muscle, spend happy nights backpacking through the Paysayten Wilderness, ski and bike in new places, swim in alpine lakes, possible climb Rainier.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Continue to keep kicking *kitten* at bench. Take every increase I can and keep having fun.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Start some type of strength training program. I do cardio and pilates and have shied away from weights since a shoulder injury. But I’m determined to reincorporate some sort of strength training. I’m going to start with some trx classes.
  • chunkerson
    chunkerson Posts: 5 Member
    Options

MossiO wrote: »
    Do an unassisted pullup!

Me too!!!
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    - Drop 5kg (or more accurately, get to 52kg)
    - sub 3:30 marathon (current pb 3:32 so not overly ambitious. Truthfully I'd really like a sub 3:20)
    - Sub 1:33 half marathon (current pb 1:35 but feel sub 1:30 is a bit beyond me. Though dropping those 5kg would probably help...)
    - Help my husband train for and run his first half marathon
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Simple. To look like I can swum as far as I do. :D
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    - sub 3:30 marathon (current pb 3:32 so not overly ambitious. Truthfully I'd really like a sub 3:20)
    - Sub 1:33 half marathon (current pb 1:35 but feel sub 1:30 is a bit beyond me. Though dropping those 5kg would probably help...)

Great times! I'm shooting for sub 1:29.59 in a spring HM. Fingers crossed.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »

Great times! I'm shooting for sub 1:29.59 in a spring HM. Fingers crossed.

I think if I could get a sub 90 hm I could die happy... Good luck!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Yes I do: running 750 km this year and two 10 km races and joining another gym to increase my weight training and possibly starting work with a PT