JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I'm out of coffee. guess it's time to switch to water.
    GASP
    i didn't bring my water bottle!!!!nooooooo
  • missheidi
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Yesterday, I met all my goals, once again drinking 9 cups of water.

Success: As some of you know, I am in TX visiting a couple of my kids---my oldest came by and spent the night while on his way to his home in Missouri, so that was nice...hoping to visit the Arkansas kid before I fly out. ANYWAY, my pants are getting too big so I reluctantly went shopping--- it's at least a thirty minute drive to the department store, and it's usually so depressing---and to my amazement, I am down 2 sizes in my pants!!! Wow wow wow... The proof is in the pudding:
    keep my eyes on the process and I will make progress!

JFT: March 30
    I will drink 8 cups of water (JOAN, WHERE ARE YOU???!!!)
    I will stay in the green
    I will do my online study
    I will take every bite captive
    I will do a light exercise

For those who are participating in Joan's water challenge:
    1sdaapbeiccz.png

mmmmmm beer....
  • missheidi
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    My headache is so bad :(
    I’ve had 2 double strength ibuprofens and it’s just not shifting it.
    Partners gone out so it’s just me and the kids.
    I’ve had to separate them just to the noise they make. Casey’s being REALLY good today so that’s one good thing.

But it’s making me want to eat lots of bad things.
    I’ve already succumbed to a packet of crisps but only 78 cals so not so bad.

What are your tips when you feel like this. I keep drinking water, on cup 5 now and it’s not staving off the cravings!!

Eat! If you are hungry, eat! But choose wisely. Eat some protein; fruit; keep some peeled carrot sticks and bell peppers on hand; there is a forum on here for low cal dressings---make one and use it as a dip. Put some cottage cheese, and avocado, or a smear of nut butter on your toast. Eat a bowl of good cereal, with or without milk (sometimes I just get a serving a snack on it, without the milk). Popcorn. I make popcorn on my stove in a large pot. The directions call for a huge amount of oil. I just put one tablespoon of oil for about 8 cups of popcorn, which feeds the hubs and me. I salt the oil before adding the corn so the salt is distributed evenly.

Re: the children. If you haven't already, you might incorporate a quiet hour. Maybe when Casey is down for a nap. When I did this the kids got on their beds and could read, listen to a story, or just rest. No tv. No playing together, other than listening to a story together. Then you rest as well. No phone, computer, etc. (btw, there are several websites with stories that the kids can listen to)

(off topic) Also, when home, I had 4 o'clock clean up time. We would take a few minutes and tidy up the house. Sometimes I'd make a game out of it...everyone pick up and put away 15 items; or "I'm setting the timer for 15 minutes, let's see how much we can put away and tidy the house...ready, set, GO!" We'd all race around like mad men, but it was all fun and the house was tidied for the evening. I just function better when there's less clutter.

Okay, that's all I've got for ya, sistah! (so sorry about your headache...can effect the whole body.

eat some good fat. spoon of peanut butter, or some avocado.
  • missheidi
    Options
    lovely, now Tyler, the youngest, is sick with the stomach flu. Thank goodness Ken can stay home today.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,084 Member
    Options
    My plan for Easter weekend is to eat all the chocolate in one day, forget about that day and continue :lol:
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    My plan for Easter weekend is to eat all the chocolate in one day, forget about that day and continue :lol:

Ahhh, so you are of the "thumb my nose at the scale and I don't care!" group! But all kidding aside, if that's your plan, then so be it...you have planned on it. You aren't being taken by surprise. You aren't going to be filled with guilt, regrets, etc. because this was what you intended to do. Enjoy that chocolate---have you already started the chocolate feast???!!!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    lovely, now Tyler, the youngest, is sick with the stomach flu. Thank goodness Ken can stay home today.

Oh my word...really??? I hate to hear that. Ugh. I hope the illness is swift and doesn't hang around for long.
  • Bex953172
    Options

Ahhh, so you are of the "thumb my nose at the scale and I don't care!" group! But all kidding aside, if that's your plan, then so be it...you have planned on it. You aren't being taken by surprise. You aren't going to be filled with guilt, regrets, etc. because this was what you intended to do. Enjoy that chocolate---have you already started the chocolate feast???!!!

Haha I’m only joking. I am going to eat my chocolate but just a bit each day and log it! Best I can do!
    I have to re-hide my chocolate anyway or my partner will get his hands on it!
    I’ve only started logging again as of today so don’t want to throw a spanner in the works and feel defeated! So gonna take it as it goes!
  • toaljasa
    Options

038bk8056ch2.png
  • Bex953172
    Options

038bk8056ch2.png

HAHA this exactly!
    I actually laughed out loud, a proper “ ha ha ha” laugh :lol:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    read more in always hungrywell, i got the shopping list ready. i'm mostly done with the reading part of the book.
    I'm getting lists ready and the book gives prep sheets as well, so that's helpful.

I am intrigued what the Always Hungry plan is. I looked it up online and see they have it at the library. I'm wondering if it is something I would want to purchase to refer back to or if I could borrow it to get what I need. Thoughts? Rooting you on from the sidelines! :smile:
    This is my first post!

Welcome!!!! Good luck with your goals!

@toaljasa These are GREAT tips! I used to use a sticker system with my kids too for clean up time. If they got a certain number of stickers each week, they'd get a treat! Something small from the dollar store. But they would get a sticker if they were quiet during "quiet time" and sticker if they picked up whatever it was they were assigned to that day. Worked great when they were younger. Was a huge relief for me.

Also, CONGRATS on the down 2 sizes in pants! that is awesome!!! So happy for you! I think Joan is spending time with her son and grandsons isn't she? I didn't think she was going to be on for a few days...

Today is going to be hard. I have to meet my mum's boyfriend (who she thinks is going to be 'around for good'). I'm not really ok with her having a boyfriend - rationally I know it's a good thing, but emotionally it's quite painful for me (my dad died 4 years ago) and I'm struggling with it. (This is why I was in a mood and did comfort eating yesterday). I will have to stay strong to get through today, I think.

It was very hard for all of us when my father in law passed also...more so for my BIL's and SIL's obviously...when my MIL began dating. My BIL and SILs were extremely upset. I remember my MIL saying to me one day, "Bill is gone. We didn't divorce, we didn't separate because we wanted to...he's gone and he will never be back. I miss him terribly but I'm lonely and I have a lot of years left. Am I to spend it alone?" I remember that really hit me when she said that because I hadn't thought about it from her point of view. But it made sense to me then why she wanted to begin dating after a year. I can't put myself in your shoes because my father is still with us, but my parents are divorced so I went through a different type of mourning I guess. I am sending you hugs and I hope you are able to stay strong, hon. xoxox

• missheidi
    Options
    JFT 3/30
    log everything
    stay green (this is going to be really difficult. i'm already over on carbs, and we have department meeting with lunch today. so maybe a really hard workout later. )
    drink 80
    work out enough to get green on calories...
    continue prep for Always Hungry plan start.

I'M STARVING......and it's not even 11 a.m.
  • goyologo
    goyologo Posts: 138 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    1. Drink 8 glasses water
    2. Stay in the green
    3. Do strength training

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow JFTers! I haven't been keeping up with this because I quite simply haven't had time!

JFT Saturday
    1. Make an attempt to log. I often get irritated because I'm guessing. Like I made quinoa using homemade chicken stock instead of water. Macros? Calories? NO IDEA. Chop the last of the celery and snack on that.
    2. Up early for a walk/run. Try for 10 minutes running, 10 minutes walking, 10 minutes running.
    3. No Zumba. Check on yoga.
    4. Lunch with B? Check when D will be out of the house and try for then. Groceries. Clothes donated. Look for 9Round form. Pay registration for Jacky. Pay for Class 2. Pay not-a-union dues. Order Left Hand of Darkness and Akata Warrior.
    5. Check email, cell phone, and house phone regularly in case called in to work. Chop celery. Dinner - Plated 1?
    6. Walk with D if not called in. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:15.

Scale goals

November: 183.6
    December: 176.6
    January: 174.6
    February: 173.6
    March 1: 172.4.
    March 31 goal: 170.4
    March 19 goal: 173.5 FAAAAIL. *sigh*
    March 28 goal: 175.5 Also fail!

March 30: 178ish this morning. I have been full of fail all month. Fluctuations galore, but overall trending upward. Hopefully - HOPEFULLY - as it starts to get light earlier, I'll be able to do more in the morning.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @OConnell5483 Thanks for the reminder about Joan. I miss her not being on. I am pretty excited about my pant size loss...very grateful.
  • toaljasa
    Options

It was very hard for all of us when my father in law passed also...more so for my BIL's and SIL's obviously...when my MIL began dating. My BIL and SILs were extremely upset. I remember my MIL saying to me one day, "Bill is gone. We didn't divorce, we didn't separate because we wanted to...he's gone and he will never be back. I miss him terribly but I'm lonely and I have a lot of years left. Am I to spend it alone?" I remember that really hit me when she said that because I hadn't thought about it from her point of view. But it made sense to me then why she wanted to begin dating after a year. I can't put myself in your shoes because my father is still with us, but my parents are divorced so I went through a different type of mourning I guess. I am sending you hugs and I hope you are able to stay strong, hon. xoxox

This is very insightful. It was good of your mil to share her thoughts with you.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Options
    My headache is so bad :(
    I’ve had 2 double strength ibuprofens and it’s just not shifting it.
    Partners gone out so it’s just me and the kids.
    I’ve had to separate them just to the noise they make. Casey’s being REALLY good today so that’s one good thing.

But it’s making me want to eat lots of bad things.
    I’ve already succumbed to a packet of crisps but only 78 cals so not so bad.

What are your tips when you feel like this. I keep drinking water, on cup 5 now and it’s not staving off the cravings!!

Maybe you need to make a healthy meal, maybe the hunger is causing the headache. Have something with protein and some fruits and vegetables staying away from the "snack cupboard". You chase after three little ones all day, maybe you are burning more energy than you think? Good luck and feel better soon!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday March 29
    2L of water - :) Yes 2.25 again
    Stay in the green - Yes! 2 days ins a row
    Write in journal - :( No,, I thought aobut it I thought about what I was grateful for, but was too tired to write so I went to bed instead
    Do 10 Something's every hour - :( No, I got into my project which required more typing than reading. Maybe I need to set an alarm every hour to remind myself.

JFT - Friday March 30
    2L of water
    Stay in the green
    Write in Journal
    Move for 30 minutes today
    Figure out a menu for Easter Sunday

The girls other halves won't be here and both girls are watching their waists too so that makes it easier. I bought only one small bag of eggs to hide for the grandchildren and one bunny for the hubby. The girls and I are going without this year I think. I am for sure, I am not a huge sweet fan, now if they had Easter chips I would be in trouble.

I have a nice routine going on work days, it seems to be working for me for the most part. I have no routine for home days. I think I need to make at least a couple of habits that I will do every off day. Getting activity and water in is always a struggle at home.