JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• SolOchVinter
    SolOchVinter Posts: 50 Member
    Options

JFT - Saturday
    - Make healthy choices even though I won't count calories today. :( Easter dinner and all the candy!
    - Walk alot. :)
    - Drink water when I have a craving for unhealthy snacks and chocolate. :(
    - Eat fruit instead of candy and chocolate. :(

JFT - Monday
    - Eat less than 1500 calories
    - Eat fruit instead of chocolate and candy
    - Do cardio workout
    - Drink more water
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:
    - Limit Easter snacks: only homemade cake / actual Easter chocolate (i.e. eggs) allowed. Moderate consumption of it!! :| I stayed within these guidelines, but had a little more than I did have! Not too terrible though
    - Take moderate portions at dinner, particularly of high calorie foods :) I refused a second helping of dessert even though my cousin asked me three times...
    - Eat slowly and savour food - stop when full! :|
    - Drink slowly to avoid getting topped up too often... :/

Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - No snacks except one Creme egg
    - Don't exceed calories by more than 450
  • tonithewriter
    tonithewriter Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments
    Walk the dog. :)

At least 15 min stepper :/

6 glasses of water :)

Housecleaning :/

Didn't get everything done, but I did manage to make a curtain panel that I've been putting off.

Today's commitments

1. Work
    2. Prepare a healthy salad for lunch
    3. Drink 6 glasses of water
    4. 15 min stepper
    5. Journal

joan6630, I like how you look forward to occasions. I usually get to the occasion and then I'm upset that I have nothing flattering to wear. I need to think through the rest of the years's occasions and plan better! Great tip!
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Sunday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :/
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Don't go crazy with my eating today :/ (I did pretty good until the evening...oh well)
    4. Don't catch the oven on fire like I did on Thanksgiving!! LOL :)

JFT (Monday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Go to the gym
    5. Laundry
    6. Complete 3 orders from my shop
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sunday April 1
    2L of Water - :( 1.5L I forgot to drink one in the morning and it threw me off track
    Stay in Green - :s This was so far in the red it's awful.
    Write in Journal - :( No I was too tired last night to do it

JFT - Monday April 2
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Write in Journal
    Do 10 Something's every hour

I will forget all about yesterday. I avoided the chocolate which is not a big deal for me, but had too many potatoes at supper, then a cupcake for dessert. Even at that it wasn't too bad, but then I got the munchies terribly bad and ended up snacking all evening searching for something that I never did find. I should have just gone and bought the potato chips that I think would have satisfied the craving. I haven't done that in a long time so I will forgive myself and move on. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:
    - Limit Easter snacks: only homemade cake / actual Easter chocolate (i.e. eggs) allowed. Moderate consumption of it!! :| I stayed within these guidelines, but had a little more than I did have! Not too terrible though
    - Take moderate portions at dinner, particularly of high calorie foods :) I refused a second helping of dessert even though my cousin asked me three times...
    - Eat slowly and savour food - stop when full! :|
    - Drink slowly to avoid getting topped up too often... :/

Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - No snacks except one Creme egg
    - Don't exceed calories by more than 450

Woo-hoo to you for being able to refuse the dessert with a sabotager on the loose!!!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    For those who are participating in Joan's water challenge:
    fac5ranlzjwc.png
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    ok, i'm still working on the weekend thing.
    today i started the always hungry plan. I should have prepped everything last night, but i didn't so i was way behind this morning. oh well, lesson learned.
    JFT 4/2
    log everything
    stay on my plan; may be green, may not be.
    i'm hoping to swim tonight, but depends on shark week stopping. if not, will do a leslie sansone video
    prep for tomorrow!!
    drink 80
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options

What an inspiring story! Thank you for sharing.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I'm currently sitting on a train with a big tasty Easter egg in my bag. I'm going to be on this train for another 2h15.

I'm not going to eat it!!!

I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not

Posting this as it will now be super embarrassing if I cave - hopefully this will stop me from giving in :smile:
  • missheidi
    Options
    I'm currently sitting on a train with a big tasty Easter egg in my bag. I'm going to be on this train for another 2h15.

I'm not going to eat it!!!

I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not

Posting this as it will now be super embarrassing if I cave - hopefully this will stop me from giving in :smile:

you got this.
  • missheidi
    Options
    acrylicfox wrote: »
    Dammit! MFP went down for me today while logging breakfast and I couldn't get it to work - so frustrating!
    I then overate because I couldn't tell exactly which mouthful drove me into the red :disappointed:
    and then I felt so down that I didn't exercise :expressionless:
    it's like an evil snowball.

Tomorrow, four goals I will achieve even if I can't MFP my kj:
    weigh-in
    avoid dairy and gluten.
    stick to standard serving sizes. (per meal)
    change into workout clothes and sit on the exercise bike at least once today!

AND log food on MFP (if available).

i hate that. and if i know i'm in the red, i will more likely go much deeper red because i figure i already screwed it up.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I actually can’t find any goals for today, and thinking maybe I forgot to post them? Ah well! It’s been a good Easter. We had quite a low-key one because of my niece still being in hospital. The girls had a friend over to play yesterday and I made easter nest cakes with them, gave them chocolate eggs and delivery pizza - avoided all of it! Today I’ve done loads of batch cooking so feeling organised!

Had a rest day Saturday but got my workouts in yesterday and today. Hoping to make it to hot yoga at long last tomorrow while the girls are at a camp. My Fitbit isn’t syncing so my diary is showing no step calories. It’s really frustrating but seems to be a mfp-wide problem.

Goals for Tuesday:
    - early workout
    - 3ltr+ water
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - Try to write 6 report starters
    - Maybe get to lunchtime hot yoga

Night all! X
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

i hate that. and if i know i'm in the red, i will more likely go much deeper red because i figure i already screwed it up. [/quote]

I do the same thing exactly! That's how I didn't control the calories last night.