JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All My Beautiful Sisters!!๐ŸŒน
    You're All Wonderful in your uniqueness and I'll keep saying it.
    WELCOME TO WHIMSICAL WEDNESDAY๐Ÿ˜‚ I DARE YOU๐Ÿ‘ˆ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‰
    SHARE SOMETHING THAT MADE YOU BURST INTO LAUGHTER
    I'LL go first.
    My 2 year old great nephew bursts into my room excited..."Aunt Mary, Look at my BAND-AIDS.".. He had wrapped his Mom's Maxi Pads around his legs, arms, and covered the front of himself including his forehead, and had the biggest smile on his face.

JFT
    1- MAKE SOMEONE SMILE INCLUDING YOURSELF
    2- MAKE IMPORTANT CALLS
    3- MAKE GREEN TEA
    4- MORNING WALK
    5- IS CORN A GOOD VEGETABLE?
    6- EAT BREAKFAST and LUNCH...FAST DINNER TODAY
    7- TAKE MEDS
    8- DRINK 4 BOTTLES OF WATER
    9- READ
    10- TRY!!!! LIGHTS OUT BY 10p.m.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Autumn Season Goals
    [*] Improve meal planning and food prepping - get some freezer meals ready, and do what I can today to make tomorrow easier.
    [*] Have protein shake for breakfast with blueberries and flax milk 5/7 days a week
    [*] Move more - body weight strengthening exercises every bathroom trip, and in other down time
    [*] Be more intimate - getting comfortable in my own skin again is a learning process
    [*] Commit to taking fish oil at least once each day - build up to twice. Follow up appointment in December
    [*] Be positive - dream big - build strong foundations.
    [*] Weight Goal = 170 lbs by 1/7/2019

JFT Wednesday
    1. Prelog meals - even if they change, I can go back and adjust. but this helps give me some insight that I've lost recently.
    2. Three waters before noon. Two waters after that at work. Another water with dinner.
    3. Take meds when alarm goes off - be intentional about this, stop what I'm doing and take them that very moment.
    4. 10 squats per bathroom trip
    5. Walk away from computer at least once per hour
    6. Practice 5 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing tonight to destress
    7. Steam shower, then real shower, blow dry hair
    9. Early to bed - 9:30PM latest in bed

Trying something new here too

JFT Thursday AM
    1. Early to rise - 6AM up and at em
    2. Take fish oil
    3. Smoothie for breakfast
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @mytime6630 Prayers and hugs to you and your daughter. I can't imagine what that feels like, but I get how stressful that is for you. Hopefully, by you going with your daughter, that can make difference.

For my morning caffeine, I drink one diet mountain dew or, in warm months, iced tea unsweet. Then it's water the rest of the day (usually). I'm not a regular coffee drinker. Works for me!

Oh, and of course, I'm in for posting my Sat. weekly weigh-in. I think that's what kick-started my real weight loss last year, after I started posting and making my weight public. Good luck to all!
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Autumn Season Goals
    [*] Improve meal planning and food prepping - get some freezer meals ready, and do what I can today to make tomorrow easier.
    [*] Have protein shake for breakfast with blueberries and flax milk 5/7 days a week
    [*] Move more - body weight strengthening exercises every bathroom trip, and in other down time
    [*] Be more intimate - getting comfortable in my own skin again is a learning process
    [*] Commit to taking fish oil at least once each day - build up to twice. Follow up appointment in December
    [*] Be positive - dream big - build strong foundations.
    [*] Weight Goal = 170 lbs by 1/7/2019

JFT Wednesday
    1. Prelog meals - even if they change, I can go back and adjust. but this helps give me some insight that I've lost recently.
    2. Three waters before noon. Two waters after that at work. Another water with dinner.
    3. Take meds when alarm goes off - be intentional about this, stop what I'm doing and take them that very moment.
    4. 10 squats per bathroom trip
    5. Walk away from computer at least once per hour
    6. Practice 5 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing tonight to destress
    7. Steam shower, then real shower, blow dry hair
    9. Early to bed - 9:30PM latest in bed

Trying something new here too

JFT Thursday AM
    1. Early to rise - 6AM up and at em
    2. Take fish oil
    3. Smoothie for breakfast

Loving your autumn goals! And #1 for today ~ this what I try to do, prelog the day & adjust as necessary. Keeps me in check with Net Calories, especially on days I walk dog or workout before work.
  • cschmitz110515
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Recap T 10/9 ~ over 2" rain in gauge since Sunday :'(
    1) Yay! Rain took a break so happy me! :smiley: Very warm for time of year, wore shorts/light shirt, walked dog 3.65 mi 1:03:18 before work & happy dog :smiley:
    2) Move hourly (except webinar at 11) / stairs breaks at work = Yay, training was short so walked every hour at work. Fitbit 16,312 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 boom! & 49 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green / 12c water = Around 1:30 A.M. I woke up hungry ~ gah! So went downstairs & found bday flowers from hubby (he was downstairs too)... awww! <3 Anyway, ate crunchy cheetos snack (NOT great choice) and logged as part of Tues. diary this morning. :p Net calories -162, sodium -706 (ack), sugar green (yay), fiber good, protein low (that might explain night-time hunger), 12c water :smiley:
    4) Evening to-do's !!!! Made fried green tomatoes (yum!) / washed towels / folded laundry hanging in laundry room & put everything away / washed dishes / finally cleared flagged emails/financial tasks / reviewed niece's grad pics & selected my favs to order :smiley:
    5) Unplug 9:30 :( / FLOSS dangit :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:20 :((rain predicted overnight & W a.m. so x-train?)

JFT W 10/10 ~ Happy birthday to me! 61 years young :D
    1) Rainy day again (> 3" rain in gauge for week so far) & no dog walk or workout before work. Maybe x-train in basement in evening. Maybe not.
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work (also gives my eyes a break from computer monitors & my mind a little break)
    3) Planned supper is an old favorite: mom's apple pizza / enter recipe into Recipes on MFP / log all meals & snacks / no net calories goal today! / > 12c water
    4) Evening: relax & enjoy quiet evening at home (plans with friends/hubby to celebrate later)
    5) Unplug 10:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / bed & TV off 10:20 (walk dog before work Th a.m.)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,765 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday October 9
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - :) 232
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Walk 1 Mile - :) Yes, inside because of hte snow, but still 1 mile!
    Move hourly at work - 4/6
    Glue Snowmen together - :)
    Stay Focused!!! I mean it! Do it today! - :) A lot more successful yesterday!

JFT - Wednesday October 10
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Walk 1 Mile
    Move Hourly at Work
    Paint Snowmen Faces and dress them
    Stay Focused!!!!

Yesterday was a much better day food wise. I kept things in control and even forced myself to do the one mile in the evening because I didn't get it done through the day.

Tonight the Grands come to visit and I need to figure out what to have for supper. I like quick and easy on Wednesday nights because we only have a couple hours with them.

@maryrobinson40 - I think the last thing that made me burst out in laughter was actually my Grandson. I didn't laugh at the time because it would have been rude to him and hurt his feelings, but last week when he told me about his conscience being a cricket has given me a lot of laughs! I love his little mind and he makes me laugh almost every time I see him!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    Sooo, I'm reading this book called "YEAR OF NO SUGAR"... It says,"the combination of caffeine and salt in soda is purposefully designed by soda companies to make you drink more.
    Simply drinking one soda per day is worth fifteen and a half pounds of fat gain per year.
    Americans are currently consuming at least sixty-three pounds per person of
    high-fructose corn syrup per year." Dr. Robert Lustig. Book by EVE O. SCHAUB

Before even reading this book today, a while back I watched doctors on TV say that the chemicals in sodas eat away at your bones. Needless to say, I felt this was important because soda is the first thing she brings up in the first chapter of this book. It made me pay attention and I began to think, what if letting go of this vice and letting go of putting sugar in my coffee would be the very thing to get me over that proverbial hurdle that's kept me from that number I've been trying to reach?!๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜จ What if paying even closer attention to the hidden sugars that keep me addicted are eliminated from my eating habits..what type
    results would I achieve along with all this other healthy, active stuff?...hmmm.
    I'm going to ween myself off and see what happens. I always go on a diet, But I've never been in a lifestyle, way of living setting like this. I feel when I log in here, I'm "HOME", type setting and I'm with family. I come here more now than I do Facebook. I got a lot of names on my friend's list, but only constantly communicate with a hand full... You all have embraced my heart since the beginning. I truly love it here. And I get to tell my corny jokes and I think some of you actually laugh, or at least chuckle.
    Now I'm rambling, done went and got myself all off subject. Teacher would have all kinds of correction marks across this post.
    Lmbo!! Mary, stop using the run-on sentences.. Then I'd say, but Teacher, you said the last part of this post stopped going anywhere... So, I told it to run on until it got somewhere.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Hi Mary!

I have cut most sugar out of my diet for 3 weeks now...no red licorice, cookies, granola bars, ice cream... I also have cut out dairy because I suspected it was causing my headaches and sinus problems. I've noticed that I have been breathing easier and have not woke up with a headache for two weeks, so that seems to be working in my favor, although I really miss cheese! :mrgreen: The sugar and soda thing was really hard at first, but now I don't even crave it. I gave up soda a few years ago actually (both regular and diet soda). I occasionally get thirsty for one but when I get it I usually only want a few sips and then toss it! I have not been able to drink black coffee yet...I use the powdered sugar-free caramel vanilla creamer. I know I need to work on weaning off that, but it's just my most favorite thing that I look forward to in the morning! I've used the French Vanilla Stevia liquid drops in my coffee in the past and those aren't too bad, so maybe I'll have to try those so I at least still get my flavored coffee without the artificial crap!

Thanks for your post! It really got me thinking about what things I still need to tweak!

PS I come here before Facebook now too! Much less negativity on MFP than there is on FB! Love to you, and have a great day!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend!!! Enjoy your very own personal holiday! :heart:

@mytime6630 I wish I had words of wisdom regarding your struggle with your daughter. It's an ongoing battle I know and it's a heartbreaking and emotionally exhausting one also. I'm so glad the doctor is asking for you to be present and that your daughter is allowing it. You may be able to shed some light for the doctor to reevaluate her treatment now that she knows there is more to the story than she was hearing. I'm sending you hugs and sending up prayers for you, your husband and your daughter. :heart:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday, 10/9/18
    1. Journal every bite :naughty: Kept track on paper but didn't enter in MFP so was estimating calories. Sassy ME!
    2. Focus on water intake :naughty: Didn't reach the amount I wanted to. Not even sure why. Just really tired yesterday.
    3. Take Maddie for a walk; maybe check out the dog park if it doesn't rain later. :star::star: Did both!
    4. Calm Meditation of the day :wink: Listened to podcasts instead
    5. Half Size Me podcast :)
    6. Grocery list / meal plan :)
    7. Bake one batch of Christmas goodies for freezer ;) Made list of goodies I want to make this year and made list of ingredients I will need.
    8. Pin together layers of quilt today (procrastinating because I've never done this and I'm nervous) B)
    9. To-Do List: Complete a few items and update list :)
    10. Unplug by 9:00 :) / Gratitude Journal 5 things :) / Simple Abundance :) / Dodie Olsteen reading :)

Really not feeling too great today. Not sure if it is menopausal joy causing me to have hot and cold sweats or if I'm coming down with something. Yesterday I felt kind of punky too...laid down on the couch for a few hours and watched TV. I hate when I do that because I have so much I wanted to get done.

So, today I'm going to push through. First up is grocery shopping and I'll see where it goes from there. It's rainy and crappy here so I don't know about getting a walk in with Maddie. I might have to just put on a hat and boots and just get wet!

JFT - Wednesday, 10/10/18
    1. Journal EVERY bite on MFP
    2. 3 full stainless steel bottles of water
    3. Walk Maddie
    4. 5 Fruits/Veggies
    5. Mid-month bills
    6. Grocery Shopping
    7. Clean and prep fruit and veggies for easy snacking
    8. Read 1 chapter
    9. Podcast
    10. Bed 9:00 / Gratitude Journal 5 things / Simple Abundance daily reading / Dodie Olsteen daily reading

October To-Do's
    • Out of the 180's by end of month
    • Walk 5/7 days per week
    • Increase distance of walk, to park by end of month
    • Swap out seasonal clothing
    • Make appts: Derm, Ophthalmology, FP, Day Spa (massage), dentist
    • Return/exchange 2 sweaters
    • Bake 2 Christmas things per weekend

October Challenge - Walk 1 Mile:
    10/1: :smile:
    10/2: :smile:
    10/3: :smile:
    10/4: :smile:
    10/5: :smile:
    10/6: :smile:
    10/7: :smile:
    10/8: :smile:
    10/9: :smile:

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @PackerFaninGB Wow! You are doing some life-changing moves...go! go! go! And you must be encouraged as you are seeing results. My journey is just not about losing weight but about getting healthy, spiritually, mentally, and physically. So good to see that what you are doing is making a difference---it's encouraging to me as I have recently been convicted to cut down on salt. I love salt!!! But I am making a concerted effort to use less in my cooking...oh my word, after using tons of garlic, onions, and seasoning, my meals still taste bland! I keep hearing that my taste buds have to get used to not having as much salt so I'll give it a few weeks. I'm also going to try to add lemon or vinegar when the flavors need to be enhanced...read that in an article. Anyway, enjoy that new healthier you!!!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Happiest of Happys Birthday!!!

You have been a source of strength and encouragement over this past year as I was able to follow in your foot steps. You have done a great job on your journey, consistently walking, posting your JFT's, encouraging others, and being real. You are such an asset to this group.

May your year be filled with joy and peace and good health.
    6d5p3i1vkblh.png
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 Wow! That is a great NSV for you to see that your life changes are working... keep pressing on and moving! You are making great strides.

Peace and joy!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Happy birthday, fellow libra!
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY - Tuesday 10/9/18
    1) Log all my food for the day :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake :)
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water before having a Diet Coke :)
    4) Go to the gym :)
    5) Work on orders from my shop :)

JFT - Wednesday 10/10/18
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water before having a Diet Coke
    4) Go to the gym
    5) Work on orders from my shop
    6) Clean the house
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options