JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,795 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, so I've not posted any goals for quite a while. But today when I was on the school run I was stuck in some traffic and the last three letters of the licence plate in front were JFT lol!
    So I took that as a sign and here I am.

So getting right back into it
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - Tidy the house
    - Rearrange the Christmas tree decorations

I would take that as a sign too!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday

So, I'm feeling pulled in a LOT of different directions, which is my own fault. I really want to try to get to the used bookstore this weekend. I finished my previous library book, and I'm a little ways in on a new one. I finally got my headpins and eyepins and realized that I need WAY more eyepins than headpins. But either way, I had enough for one necklace, so I took apart an old short layering one and put it back together with some multicolored beads, and I'm pretty stoked with how it turned out!

And I'm almost out of "onederland." :( This has NOT been a good year for me. I need to log so that I can more closely monitor my intake, but like... can you delete recipes and meals and stuff out of your food diary? Because mine is SO CLUTTERED that it's impossible to find what I'm looking for. It's so frustrating and some people are like "lol logging takes me five minutes!" Well good for you, SUSAN, in five minutes I haven't even located the first item - or rather I've found seven different versions of it and I'm not sure which one is accurate.

UGH.
    It's no wonder you feel pulled, your to do list exhausts me reading it!
    You can edit your recipe and such on a computer I believe. MFP really needs to update to make everything easier on a phone or tablet. You would think they would put some effort into that.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT Tuesday

Wellllll last night was a bit of a binge...we had a mason come out to quote us on taking out a row of bricks to enlarge our fireplace opening so we can fit the stove insert in. The mason is an artisan brick mason that works with DH's stone mason uncle so I was expecting a really high cost - but he's giving us the family discount and starting work today. So we had to run out last night to get plastic sheeting to protect the couches and stuff...it was only 5:30 but we were both starving and a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich and fries sounded great! And it was - the food was hot and fresh and the fries were perfect haha so it was food that was "worth" the calories. But I didnt prelog, and come to find out a sandwich and medium fries is 1100 calories! YAY! Hahahaha oh man, well now I know. But then it's like 7 and I'm hungry again so I had leftover french toast, started with half and still hungry ate the other half...I had a light lunch so the day clocked in around maintenance but I was kind of frustrated with myself because we're on a tight budget and I've felt like fast food is creeping back in too much. But I gave myself credit for how far I've come - I used to eat like that nearly every day. Fast food is not bad in moderation - it was actually a lovely unexpected dinner date - and if I come to work a half hour early just one day this week I'll cover the cost in the budget. So today DH is staying home while they work - a solo day for me! I took advantage of the me time and stopped at dunkins for a breakfast treat (coffee and veggie eggwhite sandwich for around 300 cals!) - but I did make sure to pack my lunch and I WILL cook dinner at home tonight and for the remainder of the week, including lunches. Reminding myself that even though the weight chart is looking a little flat - I'm feeling stronger and leaner every day and I just need to continue with habits and I will "get there" but even when I "get there" the ride will forever continue so figuring out how to be happy and content through it all is really important.

You are kicking butt and taking names! Look at you go!

I am having the same issue with take out right now. Hubby has gotten to wanting burgers a couple nights a week and pizza another night. That will definitely be stopping after Friday since I will be home to make supper. I think our biggest issue is we are hungry and just don't want to wait, but man it kills a budget both financially and calorie wise! He won't eat Wendy's anymore because the one by our house seems to have a lot of issues with their cooks. Either way too greasy or way too salty, or both! So A&W it is and that is never much less than $30.00, plus their burgers are about 100-150 calories more than Wendy's. :(

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday December 4
    2L of water - >:) Didn't even get 1L in. I forgot to bring water to work with me yesterday. I have had a case here but used it up last week and don't want to buy more this late in the game.
    Calories in Green - >:)>:) Hubby and his request for burgers when I'm already starving is not a good combination
    Only 1 Evening Snack - :)
    5 something at bathroom break - >:)
    5 fruit/veggie - 1/5
    Walk 1 mile - >:) I fully intended to do this last night, but hubby sat in the living room with me all evening which was enjoyable, but by the time he went to bed I was too tired.
    Write in Journal - :)
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself! - :/ I could have made better decisions yesterday.

JFT - Wednesday December 5
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    5 fruit/veggie
    Walk 1 mile
    Write in Journal
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself!

I have an interview scheduled this morning for a potential new employee. I truly hope she is able to work on Friday, is so, she is hired! It is the last shift that I am concerned with filling.

Tonight the Grands come for supper, I think I'll make French Toast and Bacon. It is quick, easy and something they will eat without too much fuss. I will grab bacon, eggs and bread at lunch time.

I think tonight after the grands leave I may go do some shoveling. Hubby lets the snow pile up and up and then never clears it all winter. It drives me insane, we have a snow blower that we paid for the part to fix LAST year and he didn't fix it this summer, we had an argument about it in October and he said he would take care of the snow, but here we sit with snow almost to my knees to trudge through. I figure this will be a good way to burn some calories and save an argument at the same time. Tomorrow night I have to clean out my work car of my craft show stuff and put it into our personal car, I don't want to trudge through the snow to do it. Once I have it emptied I'll take it to the car wash to vacuum out and clean up.

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    @snowflake1968, I say get the clothes-drying rack. I used this method for MONTHS; much easier than hauling everything to the laundromat.

I hope you have a functioning dryer soon though. :)

I concur. When we lived in Belgium, I did not have a dryer. This is when we had three of the kids living with us! I bought a drying rack so I could hang clothes inside during the winter. I have not had a dryer in 2.5 years, here in Idaho. Now that there are only 2 of us, I really don't find myself needing one. I still use the drying rack as well as the shower curtain rod. I usually will do a load every couple of days so that I have space on the rack.

I have a wooden accordian style self standing rack: $35 bucks on amazon. I usually dry my shirts/blouses on hangers

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday

So, I'm feeling pulled in a LOT of different directions, which is my own fault. I really want to try to get to the used bookstore this weekend. I finished my previous library book, and I'm a little ways in on a new one. I finally got my headpins and eyepins and realized that I need WAY more eyepins than headpins. But either way, I had enough for one necklace, so I took apart an old short layering one and put it back together with some multicolored beads, and I'm pretty stoked with how it turned out!

And I'm almost out of "onederland." :( This has NOT been a good year for me. I need to log so that I can more closely monitor my intake, but like... can you delete recipes and meals and stuff out of your food diary? Because mine is SO CLUTTERED that it's impossible to find what I'm looking for. It's so frustrating and some people are like "lol logging takes me five minutes!" Well good for you, SUSAN, in five minutes I haven't even located the first item - or rather I've found seven different versions of it and I'm not sure which one is accurate.

UGH.
    It's no wonder you feel pulled, your to do list exhausts me reading it!
    You can edit your recipe and such on a computer I believe. MFP really needs to update to make everything easier on a phone or tablet. You would think they would put some effort into that.

Hahaha, I know I take on a lot! But there are so many interesting things in life. And I haven't done a lick of coding in I don't know how long, and I can't knit or crochet, I haven't done any drawing, I haven't practiced piano...

I try not to be too hard on myself and keep Shel Silverstein's poem "Never" in mind. ;)
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Greetings MFP's ! I hope all is going well for you and in your parts of the world. I've not been on here for a while but know that I think of you often.
    I spent November in TX, in great part preparing for our oldest son's wedding. I wore the dress I've had since 2000 to the rehearsal dinner and it fit like a glove. Unfortunately, I forgot to have the hubs take a picture, lol! Oh well, the dress has been my mini goal for the year and I am thankful I was able to wear it.

Sadly two days after the wedding, our second son and his wife had a miscarriage, their third. It's quite heartbreaking to see your children going through such tough times.

For my Wednesday weigh-in:
    January 2, 2018: 178
    December 5, 2018 148
    I am thankful!

My goal for december is to get back to drinking the 6-8 cups of water I was chugging a few months ago. It makes such a positive difference in my body when I do this!

Blessings to all.
    Peace and joy.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    As we come to the end of the year, I want to share a video that I found to be hugely motivating for me.
    Blessings, peace, and joy!
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    RECAP Tuesday 12/4/18
    Hit 9,000 steps. :) 9,345.
    Give myself credit. Working at it.

I brought a brownie home from our staff holiday lunch and of course I gave in after eating more than i needed for dinner. But I’m not fussing over it b/c I actually had a good day (I did go over my calories by 236) considering there was so much food around :D

JFT Wednesday 12/5/18
    Hit 11,000 steps. Today was a low cardio day with Jessica Smith (worked lower body) so I’ve been trying to walk wherever I can. I’m already at 9,345 steps so I’ve set a lofty goal here.
    Give myself credit. I just realized as I’m writing this that I have not given myself credit one single time today. I also just changed my ring to my thumb to see if this will remind me to give myself a pat on the shoulder every-time I look at it.

I’m on Day 12 of the Beck Book: Distinguish between hunger, cravings and the desire to eat. I’m supposed to be filling out the worksheet and I totally forgot about it until now!. I even had to google what the chapter was about b/c I totally forgot :o.

I think things stay more on track for me when I log in to this thread first thing in the morning so that will be definitely my MO from here forward unless I’m really so tied up I can’t get to it :).

Alright folks, I hope you are having an awesome Wednesday and staying warm wherever you are.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday

Wellllll last night was a bit of a binge...we had a mason come out to quote us on taking out a row of bricks to enlarge our fireplace opening so we can fit the stove insert in. The mason is an artisan brick mason that works with DH's stone mason uncle so I was expecting a really high cost - but he's giving us the family discount and starting work today. So we had to run out last night to get plastic sheeting to protect the couches and stuff...it was only 5:30 but we were both starving and a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich and fries sounded great! And it was - the food was hot and fresh and the fries were perfect haha so it was food that was "worth" the calories. But I didnt prelog, and come to find out a sandwich and medium fries is 1100 calories! YAY! Hahahaha oh man, well now I know. But then it's like 7 and I'm hungry again so I had leftover french toast, started with half and still hungry ate the other half...I had a light lunch so the day clocked in around maintenance but I was kind of frustrated with myself because we're on a tight budget and I've felt like fast food is creeping back in too much. But I gave myself credit for how far I've come - I used to eat like that nearly every day. Fast food is not bad in moderation - it was actually a lovely unexpected dinner date - and if I come to work a half hour early just one day this week I'll cover the cost in the budget. So today DH is staying home while they work - a solo day for me! I took advantage of the me time and stopped at dunkins for a breakfast treat (coffee and veggie eggwhite sandwich for around 300 cals!) - but I did make sure to pack my lunch and I WILL cook dinner at home tonight and for the remainder of the week, including lunches. Reminding myself that even though the weight chart is looking a little flat - I'm feeling stronger and leaner every day and I just need to continue with habits and I will "get there" but even when I "get there" the ride will forever continue so figuring out how to be happy and content through it all is really important.

You are kicking butt and taking names! Look at you go!

I am having the same issue with take out right now. Hubby has gotten to wanting burgers a couple nights a week and pizza another night. That will definitely be stopping after Friday since I will be home to make supper. I think our biggest issue is we are hungry and just don't want to wait, but man it kills a budget both financially and calorie wise! He won't eat Wendy's anymore because the one by our house seems to have a lot of issues with their cooks. Either way too greasy or way too salty, or both! So A&W it is and that is never much less than $30.00, plus their burgers are about 100-150 calories more than Wendy's. :(

I'm trying my best! I try to have "easy" alternatives in the house for dinner - last nights dinner was one of the easiest in my arsenal and I still went for the Wendys! But I guess that's all we can do is try our best!!! We got this!!!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Greetings MFP's ! I hope all is going well for you and in your parts of the world. I've not been on here for a while but know that I think of you often.
    I spent November in TX, in great part preparing for our oldest son's wedding. I wore the dress I've had since 2000 to the rehearsal dinner and it fit like a glove. Unfortunately, I forgot to have the hubs take a picture, lol! Oh well, the dress has been my mini goal for the year and I am thankful I was able to wear it.

Sadly two days after the wedding, our second son and his wife had a miscarriage, their third. It's quite heartbreaking to see your children going through such tough times.

For my Wednesday weigh-in:
    January 2, 2018: 178
    December 5, 2018 148
    I am thankful!

My goal for december is to get back to drinking the 6-8 cups of water I was chugging a few months ago. It makes such a positive difference in my body when I do this!

Blessings to all.
    Peace and joy.

Hi! So happy to see you again! Way to go on the dress - what an inspiration! Congrats on the nuptials and so sorry for their loss :(
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Recap 12/4 T ~ TV off later than planned last night & slept crappy, so kept hitting snooze button for early alarm this morning. Listened to my body and reset alarm ~ rest day. :D That's ok, after four straight days of workouts, including walking both in the 5K event and w/ dog on Sat.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings = Fitbit 9,038 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 35 floors ~ more sitting in evening than planned (see #3 shopping) :neutral:
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan & no evening snack after supper / net calories w/i 100 green / 14c water = Not quite but close... net calories -146 :/ , sodium -555, sugar -32 (mostly fruits/veggies), fiber excellent, protein low-ish, 15c water (yay)
    3) Evening: buy/write sympathy card for tomorrow :smile: / put up creches (must dust first) :/ but at least I brought boxes up from basement & organized stuff / online shopping for hubby gifts :smiley: done but nearly 2 hours! / LOG measurements from 12/1 :smile:
    4) Unplug 10:00 (if shopping otherwise 9:00) :smiley: 9pm! / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / set/verify alarm, bed & tv OFF 10:15 :neutral: 10:30? (treadmill before work W)

JFT 12/5 W ~ Today will be an up and down day... this morning I will attend the funeral of a retired former colleague of nearly 20 years. We kept in touch occasionally, I know his wife and all 3 of his kids, now adults of course. It will be sad & hard, but I'm hoping to see other former colleagues there. That will most likely be followed by a luncheon put on by the church ladies, so no idea what I'll be eating. This evening is the usual gathering of another group of former colleagues, with adult beverages & food at a pub I've never been too. I previewed the menu online & it looks amazing, more choices than normal pub food. Looking forward to this, but again, no idea how I'll log food. I will not fret over net calories today & try to drink plenty of water.
    1) Treadmill before work / 3 miles 50:54 = happy me :smiley: & sad dog
    2) Move hourly when possible ~ this will be a sedentary day unfortunately / 5 somethings
    3) Breakfast & snacks prelogged / log all food after the fact as best I can / 12c water
    4) Evening: try to get some to-do's done
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:15 (treadmill before work Th)

I'm ever inspired and motivated by your balance between goals and living life without regrets! Thank you for helping me shape my own healthy balance!!! <3

Thank you, Ali! That makes my day. <3 To be honest, I spent many work/life years UNbalanced, and can unequivocally say, it was not worth it. But it's how I got to be the person I am today. I learned a lot by trial and ERROR. Even now, every day is a challenge, and every day is a new start.

@toaljasa So happy to see you back. Congrats on your dress and your son's wedding, and condolences on your family's loss. Thank you for sharing that video. I realized that's how I've been trying to be, so it really spoke to me.

@josephinebowman Welcome back! Happy to see you again.
  • AJB1014
    Options
    *kitten* just hit the fan at work - very complicated but directly affects DH's role and I'm scared shitless. Need to not emotionally eat, and need to not emotionally react at work so I should probably leave because I'm near tears. Just needed a vent.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,095 Member
    Options
    *kitten* just hit the fan at work - very complicated but directly affects DH's role and I'm scared shitless. Need to not emotionally eat, and need to not emotionally react at work so I should probably leave because I'm near tears. Just needed a vent.

Oh god I hope you're okay!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,095 Member
    Options
    @toaljasa I was wondering where you were! I missed ya!
    It's lovely to hear about the wedding but I'm sorry for your sons miscarriage.
    I can only imagine what they're going through, I know I've lost a baby too but to have it happen more than once I just can't even bear the thought.
    I hope you and your family are okay xx
  • AJB1014
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Oh god I hope you're okay!

Thanks, Bex! I will be one way or another, just better buckle up for a bumpy ride! Happy to have you all to turn to <3
  • clicketykeys
    Options

It's hard. I like knowing what to expect. Worst case scenario (work-wise), even if we both lost our jobs and had no income for an extended period of time, we have family that can help us out until we're able to get something. But even so, just knowing that I'm due for my annual evaluation gets me stressed. Unexpected complications? UGH. Lots of hugs and hopeful thoughts!
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Recap 12/4 T ~ TV off later than planned last night & slept crappy, so kept hitting snooze button for early alarm this morning. Listened to my body and reset alarm ~ rest day. :D That's ok, after four straight days of workouts, including walking both in the 5K event and w/ dog on Sat.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings = Fitbit 9,038 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 35 floors ~ more sitting in evening than planned (see #3 shopping) :neutral:
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan & no evening snack after supper / net calories w/i 100 green / 14c water = Not quite but close... net calories -146 :/ , sodium -555, sugar -32 (mostly fruits/veggies), fiber excellent, protein low-ish, 15c water (yay)
    3) Evening: buy/write sympathy card for tomorrow :smile: / put up creches (must dust first) :/ but at least I brought boxes up from basement & organized stuff / online shopping for hubby gifts :smiley: done but nearly 2 hours! / LOG measurements from 12/1 :smile:
    4) Unplug 10:00 (if shopping otherwise 9:00) :smiley: 9pm! / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / set/verify alarm, bed & tv OFF 10:15 :neutral: 10:30? (treadmill before work W)

JFT 12/5 W ~ Today will be an up and down day... this morning I will attend the funeral of a retired former colleague of nearly 20 years. We kept in touch occasionally, I know his wife and all 3 of his kids, now adults of course. It will be sad & hard, but I'm hoping to see other former colleagues there. That will most likely be followed by a luncheon put on by the church ladies, so no idea what I'll be eating. This evening is the usual gathering of another group of former colleagues, with adult beverages & food at a pub I've never been too. I previewed the menu online & it looks amazing, more choices than normal pub food. Looking forward to this, but again, no idea how I'll log food. I will not fret over net calories today & try to drink plenty of water.
    2) Move hourly when possible ~ this will be a sedentary day unfortunately / 5 somethings
    3) Breakfast & snacks prelogged / log all food after the fact as best I can / 12c water
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:15 (treadmill before work Th)

I'm ever inspired and motivated by your balance between goals and living life without regrets! Thank you for helping me shape my own healthy balance!!! <3

Thank you, Ali! That makes my day. <3 To be honest, I spent many work/life years UNbalanced, and can unequivocally say, it was not worth it. But it's how I got to be the person I am today. I learned a lot by trial and ERROR. Even now, every day is a challenge, and every day is a new start.

:naughty:

Soooo... maybe in the long run, it WAS worth it? ;)
  • cschmitz110515
    edited December 2018
    Options

:naughty:

Soooo... maybe in the long run, it WAS worth it? ;)

Never thought of it that way before... you are so right! And not everything was bad the whole time, either. :wink: Thanks for that insight!

BTW, I had to look up the poem "Never" and I see what you mean.
  • cschmitz110515
    Options

Sorry to hear ~ (((HUGS))) to you!