Herbalife shake meal success?

Options
13»

Replies

• KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Do some research on Cellular Nutrition then get back to me ....

220px-Wizard101_Logo_with_Transparent_Background.gif

Do you even magic?

D&D!

I use my +3 Shake of Self-Delusion.....
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone is trying or has tried the Herbalife Shake Meal products and what kind of success have you had with this product on your weight loss journey? I have recently started drinking two healthy shakes a day and eating one sensible dinner meal to help in my weight loss. What are your thoughts on this product?

Caloric deficit governs weight loss, if you want to create a deficit using overpriced shakes, so be it. They don't do anything special for weightloss

Yep.

I did the whole Herbalife program thing. I lost 40 pounds. I was very successful. I stopped drinking the shakes and gained it all back plus 12 more pounds. I am now down 41 pounds with simply tracking my calories and exercising. Healthy and sustainable is the way to go. Don't waste your money on overpriced shakes - learn how to eat at a calorie deficit and incorporate exercise into your life.

Yes eating healthy is the way to go and should definitely be incorporated while on the Herbalife program. Clearly you were not eating healthy when you gained back all the weight. Instead of blaming yourself for eating poorly, you blame Herbalife. Look in the mirror. Secondly, Cellular Nutrition is widely used across the globe, its NOT a Herbalife claim. Thousands of doctors, clinics and programs are now adopting the Cellular nutrition technology. Google it and please read you can learn a lot. I also suggest you watch "wheat belly" on youtube too.

In no way do I "blame" Herbalife. It is not a sustainable program for me AND FOR LOTS OF OTHER PEOPLE. If you want to commit to always drinking one or more meals a day, then it is perfectly fine for you, albeit quite expensive. I prefer to actually eat real food and not attempt to create an artificial calorie deficit by substituting shakes for food.

Thousands of doctors, clinics and programs? A youtube video? BRAVO!!!! Angry, defensive, ill-informed and grandiose. Awesome. *slow clap*
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    its multi level marketing... if you want to buy it buy it. if not, don't. I would NEVER spend good money on herbalife or shakeology or any other MLM product. I sense a coach or two on this posting ;-)
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Do some research on Cellular Nutrition then get back to me ....

I am interested in Herbalife but need a good team to be with...Can you post your before and afters using the product so i can see if its legit? Can your after be with a piece of paper that says..."yes Ryry62685, this is my transformation!"
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    OP, I'm in the camp that it works because it puts you in a caloric deficit.

Look at the ingredient list and nutrition label of the herbalife product. Soy protein,fructose, and artificial flavors are among the LONG list of stuff they put in there.. I don't see anything remarkable about that product.

Compare it with optimum nutrition natural whey, which is less than $1/serving, has a fraction of the ingredients, and 250% more protein.

Also compare to a quest natural bar- at just over $2 each by the box of 12 on amazon. Again, fewer ingredients, more than double the protein, and tons of fiber. The cinnamon roll taste like a snickerdoodle cookie if you nuke it for a few seconds :)
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    k
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the odd one out because simply eating a calorie deficit didn't work for me, but herbalife does. But regardless people here need to get over themselves. People have things they like and don't like to do in order to lose weight. Shakes are fine for me and work great and take a lot of guesswork out it. If you don't like shakeology, herbalife or whatever, guess what? NO ONE IS MAKING YOU DO IT OR BUY IT! Yea I know some people here weren't aware of that, but the way most people act you'd think someone came up and was taking money out of their wallet for something they do not want. When you buy my groceries, pay my bills ect you can have a say on what I do to lose weight or what I put in my body, but not your money, not your life, not your problem.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the odd one out because simply eating a calorie deficit didn't work for me

you must be a wizard
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the odd one out because simply eating a calorie deficit didn't work for me, but herbalife does.

That's cause it's made out of unicorn hair!
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the odd one out because simply eating a calorie deficit didn't work for me, but herbalife does. But regardless people here need to get over themselves. People have things they like and don't like to do in order to lose weight. Shakes are fine for me and work great and take a lot of guesswork out it. If you don't like shakeology, herbalife or whatever, guess what? NO ONE IS MAKING YOU DO IT OR BUY IT! Yea I know some people here weren't aware of that, but the way most people act you'd think someone came up and was taking money out of their wallet for something they do not want. When you buy my groceries, pay my bills ect you can have a say on what I do to lose weight or what I put in my body, but not your money, not your life, not your problem.

If you read the thread carefully, you will see that everybody basically agrees that it works, it's just overpriced and unsustainable unless you're willing to buy it for the rest of your life. The OP asked a question, so people answer. If you don't like the answers, nobody is making you read it. Nobody here is commanding the OP to not take Herbalife, they're just stating their opinion, which you are in no position to prohibit.
  • kevindhaliwal
    kevindhaliwal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i did try it awhile ago but when you stop the weight kinda came back, isnt it basically low calories BS! stick with basic diet and exercise.
  • mrskellit
    mrskellit Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Best MFP conversation ever.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Correct, not our problem. Just dispelling that shakes are the reason for weight loss when it's actually calorie deficit. I promise anyone that eating in surplus and drinking shakes won't help them lose weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • blkamericanprncss
    Options
    I am doing herbalife but I am not using it as a diet but as a guideline. I like it but Ive already been eating healthy and cleansing my body. Also I am a dancer and i love working out. Its just another form of a protein shake like everybody else sells but I like the aloe vera and tea and the vitamins. I personally need something to help me with weightloss. Not bc I dont eat healthy or dont know how to work out but some peoples bodies need the xtra help. I know alot of people that have been successful and stay successful and dont starve themselves.
  • filicia1025
    filicia1025 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I'm replacing breakfast with the shake and I'm not buying after I consume the whole canister. The shake is convenient for those who doesn't have the time to prepare their meals. Although I don't disagree with what herbalife can do, I still go calorie deficits and reasonable meals to fill me up.
  • choozehappy
    choozehappy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you don't have the time to meal plan, and if counting calories tends to overwhelm you, then by all means - try herbalife out. It will help you form better habits, which you can transition into a normal healthy lifestyle eventually. I'd say go for it, if you'll be using it as a tool to merely think healthier. Forming healthy habits is imperative to long term success. Some of us can calorie count and eat whatever we want, others of us need a little more structure. To each his own. Make an effort to CHANGE your mind set on how much you should eat, and you'll be okay, no matter how you get to the end goal. Drinking two shakes a day might be the answer for someone who struggles with self control. Once you've mastered self control, then try venturing out into eating normal food, and counting your calories. Don't feel bullied into a specific "diet" whether it be pro-herbalife or anti-herbalife. If you wanna do herbalife to help you on your journey, it's perfectly ok and healthy. Good luck ;)
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    If you like them, go for it BUT what happens once the shakes stop? You will have to educate yourself on calorie intakes as well as nutrition and keeping a level weight instead of gaining up.
    In this case, knowledge is power > Herbalife Shakes.