Biggest challenge

Options
Gymtime771
Gymtime771 Posts: 75 Member
What has been your biggest challenge while working towards a healthier lifestyle?

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Maintenance.
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Syncing my Fitbits
  • Gymtime771
    Options
    Eating healthier has been mine. I don’t eat too bad but I do love pizza. It’s a problem haha
  • Gymtime771
    Options
    Syncing it with the app it self?
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Emotional/binge eating and consistency. I feel like I mess up a lot so I tend to just go "oh screw it." Fall off the wagon for a while, get back on, off, on. A very (not helpful) all or nothing outlook. It's like when I do well, I do it very well. When I fail, it just feels epic failure.
  • Gymtime771
    Options
    You have to find that balance. I struggled with that before and the best way to handle it is to set realistic goals first. For example: commit to working out 2 days a week because you know it can be done. If you make it to 3 days, that is a small victory.
  • Lipsmahoney
    Lipsmahoney Posts: 512 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Being so strict eating for weight loss and now having trouble getting my head around eating enough to build without going back to the 300 lbs me. I do cardio once a day on the weekends and twice a day during the week (1000+ total) plus fairly heavy weights 6-7 days a week. It is all starting to close in on me. :(
  • Gymtime771
    Options
    I struggle with that as well. It is a challenge
  • Gymtime771
    Options
    We all need support on this journey. Congratulations on the weight loss.
  • Lipsmahoney
    Lipsmahoney Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Gymtime771 wrote: »
    What has been your biggest challenge while working towards a healthier lifestyle?

The biggest challenge has been not losing heart. Having a high spirit, so high that when life challenged me in other areas that it didn't affect my progress.

I credit my MFP and Fitbit friends for being there for me...having this place as an outlet.

The mental part is really hard, as there are really no days off. You have to bring your game every day and be ready to win.

It's grinding.

I lost 67 lbs in 2017. It changed my life, maybe added years to my life.

So I think the mental part. Be resolute.

Never give up.

Bringing it everyday and feeling like I am losing ground is a really struggle.
  • Gymtime771
    Options
    To me results inspire me to do more and keep going. I love the feeling when I leave the gym knowing I gave it my all.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    To me results inspire me to do more and keep going. I love the feeling when I leave the gym knowing I gave it my all.

Same. I've never worked out and later said "well that sucked, I regret doing that!" But if skip workouts (which has been a lot lately) I really feel like crap and kick myself over it.
  • Find_Me_Again
    Find_Me_Again Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Emotional/binge eating and consistency. I feel like I mess up a lot so I tend to just go "oh screw it." Fall off the wagon for a while, get back on, off, on. A very (not helpful) all or nothing outlook. It's like when I do well, I do it very well. When I fail, it just feels epic failure.

Same here! Just coming back from a 3 week emotional/holiday binge lol
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Eating healthier has been mine. I don’t eat too bad but I do love pizza. It’s a problem haha

I don't think of pizza as unhealthy. Obviously it's not for every day because it's high in calories. But it's far better than most fast food out there.
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Maintenance.

+1
  • Gymtime771
    Options
    No, not looking to lose but more tone up. I just need to make a few changes with my diet and I think I will see the difference.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Staying under my calorie goal.
  • Gymtime771
    Options
    Yeah, that is hard. Eating foods high in protein have helped me. Maybe it could work for you too.