apple cider vinegar is disgusting!

Options
124»

Replies

• EGSanz225
    Options
    You are not about this apple cider vinegar life! *Chest pump*

I usually season it with my chicken, sometimes steak (Depending what I'm making.) I mostly put it in my salads with olive oil and salt
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    drink pomegranate kombucha, its like the same thing of what you're describing, and is really a tasty acquired taste.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I find it delicious.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    youre not supposed to drink it silly pants youre supposed to season with it

huh? u are mistaken
  • tmpecus78
    Options
    drink pomegranate kombucha, its like the same thing of what you're describing, and is really a tasty acquired taste.

kombucha is bomb!
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Dilute 1.5 TBSP Bragg raw ACV in 8 oz. water, add about 12 drops berry flavored stevia. Drink with straw. Rinse mouth with water. Do 2x a day. Tastes very good.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    So funny, I was watching some TV show and the guy was going on about how great it is for you. I took a shot of it and literally felt my insides burning. I'm sure its something people get used too (as others have said), I didn't even hate the taste. I just thought I was dying inside for about an hour haha.

Actually, now that I think about it, it might have been red wine vinegar I drank. Either way, I had some serious regrets.

sorry for you, but so glad to know I'm not the only one! :drinker:
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for advice. That was about the worse experience of my life! I think next time I will ASK FIRST, then try something new. :happy:
  • Kayden1986
    Kayden1986 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    NOM NOM. I can have it on its own, its loooooverly :P
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    If you're not supposed to drink the mother, why is it important that it's still in the bottle? Not being sarcastic, I really don't understand.
  • JeannetteLassell
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar and honey after an evening meal is a great preventive if you have acid reflux. It may not taste great but beats jumping up from a dead sleep with reflux.
  • charlenequinn94
    Options
    I use it whenever I feel the creepy crud coming on. An idea I got from Pinterest: Apple cider vinegar, honey, cayenne pepper, and ginger. Trust me it works for me.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I use it whenever I feel the creepy crud coming on. An idea I got from Pinterest: Apple cider vinegar, honey, cayenne pepper, and ginger. Trust me it works for me.

Well i can certainly tell you i've used something similar but with lemon, cayenne, etc., and my one suggestion is don't stray too far from the bathroom after drinking this. ;-)
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    NOM NOM. I can have it on its own, its loooooverly :P

Do u meant without honey or without water? I wouldn't drink it undiluted. It can burn your throat.
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If I could handle it, I would drink ACV all day.. I love that stuff! I took it straight to help w/ some phlegm issues (sometimes w/ lemon juice and cayenne pepper) and it worked great, but cramped my stomach. So... sticking to doing that w/ Honey, but like it plain as well :smile:
  • tmpecus78
    Options
    If you're not supposed to drink the mother, why is it important that it's still in the bottle? Not being sarcastic, I really don't understand.

The Mother is fine to drink.
  • kckc69
    kckc69 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ive just started using it, I put 2 TBS in my smoothies 1xday. Im very intersted to see how i feel, heard wonders about it so hoping to see the benefits!
  • SB_007
    Options
    Hi,
    Doing some research on drinking ACV I found this forum and subscribed. This is my first post. I started losing my hair over the past year. Not willing to admit that turning 50 could be partly the reason :) . I read that using ACV as a rinse may help lower shedding, combat DHT, etc. I tried it for a week. Shedding decreased some. Then I read about how drinking ACV can correct the body PH. 3 weeks later, its really helped. Shedding stopped, and tiny hairs are returning. Phew, looks like I caught it in time. But it doesnt stop there. Regarding weight loss. I can see how that could be true. I've found that after drinking ACV (diluted with water) I feel like exercising. My workouts at the gym have been the best in years. I can go and go and go, with no joint pain. Fast recovery. I'm shocked! I have a few athletic injuries from my sports years that are coming back to haunt, and for whatever reason ACV seems to do something, whether its lubrication or anti-swelling I'm not sure. My energy levels are like I havent had in years.

There's more to the story. My toy dog suffers from recurring Lyme disease. Bouts of terrible skin infections that result in hair loss, arthritis, and 3 times near death experiences requiring expensive hospitalization and medication. Having gone through this 3 times in the past 3 years, I know when its coming. First sign is a swollen lymph node under his arm. and constant skaking, a limp. It was coming back again, oh no! Researching home remedies for Lyme, once again the suggestion was ACV! I sprayed it on his coat, the sores were gone in 3 days. because of my results the dogs drinking it too! The poor thing, dogs are so sensitive to smell and taste. He hates it. Would not drink for a whole day. Finally he did, threw up. Right when I was about to give up, he started drinking it, became more tolerant to it. Now, he's ok drinking it far more diluted than what I drink. But hes drinking it throughout the day. I'm amazed. The lymph is still a little swollen, but the Lyme has made no progress. Hes very energetic again. Beautiful shiny coat, very happy. So both me and my dog are taking ACV topically and orally. Both are seeing results.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I disagree
    I take it every single day!