Starting keto. I want to change my relationship with food.

Options
Hello, I'm Emily. I am 29 and will be turning 30 in May. I'm an emotional eater. Happy, eat, sad, eat, bored, eat. I want to stop the unhealthy relationship I have with food and lose 80 lbs. Any tip and trick are welcome. I have no idea what I'm doing and am just hoping I figure the whole diet thing out.

Replies

• bsmith425
    bsmith425 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, Emily. I'm not expert, but, keeping it simple and making a routine will help. I eat a lot when I'm bored so my thing is to keep busy after work and before bed. I make dinner, spend time with my kid and work out after he goes to bed. If I have more than an hour before bed, I'll eat. BUT, there are plenty of low/no carb snacks. That being said, I've done a high protein, low carb / fat and I've lost weight. I was always hungry, though. I've been eating high fat, low carb for the last 3 days and I haven't really gotten hungry between meals. Best of luck to you. My wife found this great weekly menu that we are using for our first week and its great. If you'd like I can send it to you. But there are plenty of youtubes and menus out there to help. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    You DON'T need to keto. For many it's very restrictive. What's best to learn is HOW to deal with your relationship with foods you like and not by just avoiding them altogether.
    And that usually starts by learning how to limit HOW MUCH you eat. Eat less than you burn and you lose weight. I don't have any of my clients diet at all. I have them learn how to eat what they like, but also learn how to reduce the total amount. For example, pizza. If eating half of a large is normal, then start by cutting it down to a 1/4 of a large. Small steps to win.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• HappieZombie
    HappieZombie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm in the same boat as you! I need to lose 80lbs and I am also wanting to change my relationship with food. I'm really bad about eating when bored, or just when I'm thirsty and think I'm hungry. I'm looking into the keto thing too as I've known quite a few people who've lost weight and kept it off. Mostly high fat and protein with little to no carbs type stuff... If you want to add me please do! Doesn't hurt to have a few more accountability buddies!