What We're Eating Wednesday

avskk
avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
Hey there! Everyone survive the holidays? Ready for a nice, shiny new year? Of course you are. Of course.

Breakfast: leftover vegetable soup, coffee with peppermint mocha creamer.

Lunch: will be leftover pigs-in-a-blanket and a very basic green salad with red wine vinaigrette, maybe also a piece of last night's lemon-dill salmon.

Dinner: will be meatballs in red sauce, garlic bread, and steamed broccoli.

Snacks: proooobably popcorn with this awesome garlic-Parmesan seasoning I found last week, also an apple or a plum.

Replies

• Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee and oatmeal with peanut butter and blueberries
    Morning snack: Clementines
    Lunch: Homemade lentil stew, greek yogurt, and a raw green pepper
    Afternoon snack: Protein bar
    Dinner: Chipotle black bean burger with mixed veggies
    Dessert: Enlightened chocolate peanut butter ice cream
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Breakfast: Fruitcake (I have so much leftover!), cold brew coffee with cashew milk and spices (cayenne, cinnamon, nutmeg, and tumeric)

Snack: Apple fritter, more coffee

Lunch: Jollof brown rice with salsa

Dinner: Broccoli soup, cornbread, probably a beer
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Breakfast: 1/2 cup of Fage 2% Greek yogurt mixed with 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, 1/2 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder and 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice; black coffee

Lunch: Going out so not sure- probably grilled salmon and a cup of chili

Dinner: Burrito bowl using left over pork tenderloin, black beans, rice, corn, zucchini, peppers, onions, cheese and salsa

Snack: Half piece of homemade gluten-free banana chocolate chip bread with cream cheese and hot tea
  • LisaMullins1961
    LisaMullins1961 Posts: 11 Member
    Breakfast 2 eggs with Sausage
    Lunch Turkey, with cheese
    Dinner Taco, I am taking the cheese and making around shell for the meat to hold, Had seen this onf facebook and been wanting to try it.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited January 2018
    Breakfast: Salted caramel protein bar. (200 cals)

Lunch: Pizza lunch at work, 2 slices. (600 cals?)

Dinner: Leftovers from Christmas (I froze them all into individual portions) - turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy. (800 cals?)

I'm looking forward to getting back into my proper meal-prepping, I hate guessing at calories. I'm going to cook up some beef stew tonight in my new Instant Pot!
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Breakfast: 2 packets regular instant oatmeal with 1 scoop of salted caramel protein powder and my coffee with half and half cream
    Lunch 1: 3oz eye of round steak and 1/2 cup of brown rice
    Lunch 2: 3oz eye of round steak and 1/2 cup of brown rice (I split my 1 lunch into 2 meals lol)
    Mid afternoon snack: Salted caramel protein shake with skim milk
    Supper: 5oz Chicken breast, cabbage salad with olive oil and apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup of vegetable pasta
    Before bed snack: Salted caramel protein shake with skim milk
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Breakfast: steel cut oatmeal w/ blueberries and walnuts, coffee
    Lunch: tuna on sandwich thin, cherry tomatoes, apple
    Dinner: leftover pork and sauerkraut, green beans
    Snacks/other: hard boiled egg, Greek yogurt, and orange w/ piece of dark chocolate in evening
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited January 2018
    Yay!! I love the menu thread.

B: coffee w/ 1/2 & 1/2, a raspberry fig bar and some sunflower seeds
    S: banana w/Wowbutter
    L: peel and shrimp with reduced sugar cocktail sauce
    Dinner: pan fried pork chop (dredged in egg, bread crumbs and parm), baked potato and peas
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    edited January 2018
    Hello everyone!
    B: coffee w/ 1/2 & 1/2, cottage cheese, navel orange.
    L: 6 oz. of leftover Roast Beef.
    S: Protein Bar (maybe).
    Dinner: Chicken Breast baked in 1/2 c. cream of chicken soup with 1 c. of peas and carrots, over wild rice.
    S: Microwave Popcorn.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Meal 1 whey and egg whites
    Meal 2 chicken, rice and hot sauce
    Meal 3 2 protein bars
    Meal 4 chicken, rice hot sauce
    Meal 5 venison mince, rice, veg, gravy
    Meal 6 quark, whey
    Meal 7 3 rounds bread, 40g honey 20g almond butter
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    First, a recovery run today because I’m running 18 miles tomorrow...then drink 32 oz warm water before...
    Meal 1: 3-3.5 lbs apples (1/3 Cut up into slices, the other 2/3’s diced and put in a pot with some boiling water and pumpkin spice)
    Meal 2: Cabbage soup (Hot vegetable broth with an entire head of cabbage) plus a bowl of blanched mushrooms and steamed carrots, plus a large salad of romaine lettuce and balsamic vinegar.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Meal 1: Apple, cheese, crackers, chicken soup
    Meal 2: Trader Joe's mushroom ravioli, cauliflower in browned butter, leftover roasted pork shoulder
  • MossiO
    MossiO Posts: 164 Member
    edited January 2018
    Breakfast: Protein shake after workout
    Second breakfast: Oatmeal with almond milk, cinnamon, and vanilla; chai tea
    Lunch: Mexican pork and beans with cauliflower rice and cheese
    Dinner: Turkey crack slaw
    Snacks: 2-4 squares of 78% dark chocolate, package of beef jerky
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Breakfast: Black rye bread with duck breast, carrot sticks, pomelo, milk.
    Lunch: Rye crisp bread with cheese and cod roe spread, rutabaga, apple, milk.
    Dinner: Ground beef, onion, potato, egg, baked beans. I guess it's called a fry-up? Anyway, I tried out a hack - poured it into an onion ring - this was my first perfect fried egg :D
  • strongerbytheday
    strongerbytheday Posts: 116 Member
    edited January 2018
    B: latte, 2 soft boiled eggs, 2 slices of light toast w/butter
    L: left over chicken with white wine mushroom sauce, over rided cauliflower, roasted asparagus & a black cherry seltzer
    S: latte
    d: cheddar broccoli soup and salad
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee with 1 tbsp sweet cream creamer
    Lunch: Morningstar chicken strips with 2 tbsp general tso sauce, basmati rice, and stir fry mixed veggies
    Dinner: Either spinach and leek omelettes with cheese or the same thing as lunch with a different sauce, depending on what my boyfriend wants to do for dinner
    Snacks: Smoked mozzarella cheese stick, and probably some kind of warm Starbucks drink because we'll be out in the cold for a while this afternoon aaaaaand it's also double star day.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Breakfast: Green smoothie and two mini crust less quiches with Turkey sausage, egg and cheese

Lunch: Aidell's Italian meatballs, butter lettuce, blackberries and blueberries

Dinner: Pasta with mushroom marinara

Snacks: Strawberry applesauce, maybe a banana with some homemade ganache drizzled over later. We will see how today goes. I now have braces so I'm trying to find more nutritional options instead of mac and cheese and mashed potatoes.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee with cashew milk, 1 clementine, 1 Russian Tea Cake cookie

Lunch: Leftover stir fry of turkey sausage, cabbage, apple and caraway seeds

Snack: Ranch dip made with Greek yogurt, baby carrots

Dinner: Leftover oyster stew and steamed shrimp from New Years.

Bedtime snack: apple pie (if I can find time to walk enough to bump up my calories)
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Breakfast- pumpkin pecan instant oatmeal. Two cups of coffee with a tiny splash of cream
    Lunch- Fage 0% blueberry acai Greek yogurt. Cup of homemade cinnamon apple sauce.
    Dinner- Korean BBQ beef with stir-fried veggies
    Snacks- peanut butter truffle. Probably a couple gingersnaps later tonight for dessert.