What We're Eating Wednesday

2»

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Breakfast - big mug of tea
    Lunch - lentil soup topped with an egg
    Dinner - sausage and beans with mixed grains, red wine, maybe a handful of spiced nuts for dessert
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Breakfast: hardboiled egg, 2 light breakfast sausage links
    Lunch: 1 tomato & basil chicken sausage, 3oz roasted zuchinni, 4oz roasted potato & 2oz roasted broccoli
    Dinner (planned): 6 baked fish sticks, 3oz tater tots, 4oz romaine lettuce salad with 2tbsp Bolthouse Honey mustard dressing
    Snack (planned): Friendly farms spiral string cheese
  • kfischer1018
    kfischer1018 Posts: 37 Member
    Breakfast: grande caramel macchiato, buttered croissant (from Starbucks), 2 egg omelet with green peppers, onions and shredded mild cheddar cheese (at home).

Lunch: Tuna salad on homemade honey wheat bread with 1 slice Colby jack cheese, 1/2 C mandarin orange slices, 12 oz Coke

Afternoon snack: hard boiled egg, carrots

Dinner: Chicken Noodle soup, honey wheat bread, mixed green salad with pecans, apples and brie cheese

Bedtime snack (if needed): bowl of raisin bran with 2% milk

(goal: 1900-2000 calories)
  • ainy_shah
    ainy_shah Posts: 8 Member
    Should we start sharing about Thursday as well?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Breakfast: Greek yogurt over red seedless grapes with a peanut butter granola bar crumbled on top
    Lunch: fried double corn grits (To anyone from the Southern US: I'm in Canada; I couldn't find true hominy grits and substituted polenta) with smoked tofu, scallion, and crimini mushrooms and a bit of ketchup
    Dinner will be a vegetable stirfry on spiralized turnip noodles with Yves imitation chicken strips

So far, I've snacked on dry cereal and a veggie dog. Will likely have popcorn later.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Breakfast: Greek yogurt over red seedless grapes with a peanut butter granola bar crumbled on top
    Lunch: fried double corn grits (To anyone from the Southern US: I'm in Canada; I couldn't find true hominy grits and substituted polenta) with smoked tofu, scallion, and crimini mushrooms and a bit of ketchup
    Dinner will be a vegetable stirfry on spiralized turnip noodles with Yves imitation chicken strips

So far, I've snacked on dry cereal and a veggie dog. Will likely have popcorn later.

Your lunch sounds amazing. I love grits.
  • ainy_shah
    Breakfast: three boiled eggs with a cup of tea
    Lunch: 2 cups of papaya slices with green tea
    Snack:almonds and chick peas
    Dinner: wholemeal rolls with cucumber ,red onion and lamb mince.
    Dessert: 2 oranges
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member

Thanks! If my approximation tastes anything like the real thing, I think I do too!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member

Thanks! If my approximation tastes anything like the real thing, I think I do too!

polenta is WAY better than hominy grits IMHO
  • Today is my last day of vacation/travel day/clean out the rental fridge....so this is a mess:

Breakfast: instant oatmeal, corn tortilla chips, champagne

Lunch: Leftover Alfredo pasta, baby carrots, cheesecake

Snacks: Carmel latte, trail mix, granola bar

Dinner: I bought a veggie sandwich. Probably more trail mix based on how hungry I already am.
  • ckdprevent
    ckdprevent Posts: 105 Member
    Breakfast: 2 poptarts, 1/2 cup grapes
    lunch: grapefruit, 1 tbsp. sugar, 8 club crackers, frigo cheese head, 1/2 cup cucumber, 1/2 cup cauliflower
    Snack: mini moon pie
    Supper: grilled chicken, cabbage, and banana
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    edited January 2018
    i had a *kitten* *kitten* burger that was more calories than i expected for lunch. which means i didnt get the fish tacos for dinner that i was looking forward to, and threw whatever the *kitten* it is i made together and had that. it was really good though. just not fish tacos :( lololol

d3zyq3gtilrk.jpg

qwxa6mtp2kq4.png
  • Gracie12311
    Gracie12311 Posts: 44 Member
    Breakfast - coffee, cottage cheese

Lunch - turkey sandwich on sourdough with leftover rice

Dinner - scrambled egg sandwich on sourdough (its homemade from a coworker, to die for)

Snack - toasted sourdough bread with a little peanut butter

Not what I was planning to eat but I had to adjust accordingly. The bread is gold.
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    edited January 2018
    I gained a few pounds over the holidays, but i'm back at it today and ready to go!

Breakfast - coffee, baked banana oatmeal with cinnamon, nutmeg and pecans

Lunch - ground turkey and sweet potato skillet (minus the cheese) and sauteed shredded brussels sproutshttps://primaverakitchen.com/ground-turkey-sweet-potato-skillet/

Dinner - (will be) pizza - thin crust personal size with veg and mozzarella, maybe some salad as well

Snack - toasted almonds, and possibly something sweet later
  • ainy_shah
    i had a *kitten* *kitten* burger that was more calories than i expected for lunch. which means i didnt get the fish tacos for dinner that i was looking forward to, and threw whatever the *kitten* it is i made together and had that. it was really good though. just not fish tacos :( lololol

d3zyq3gtilrk.jpg

qwxa6mtp2kq4.png

Could u plz tell me how can we upload the pictures here???