Can’t search food

Hi I am new to MFP and when I scan items it works fine. When I try to search by name it is like the database is empty?

Thanks Cindy

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    When you search by name on the app, you are given the option to "search all foods". Do that.

Double check all entries for accuracy - even scanned ones! Make sure the info matches the packaging, or confirm with another source
  • Thank you. Mine does not show that option.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Thank you. Mine does not show that option.

What about when you actually search for a food?
  • I type strawberries or whatever and just not found. I even deleted and downloaded the app again
  • livingleanlivingclean
    edited January 2018
    I type strawberries or whatever and just not found. I even deleted and downloaded the app again

There's not a line under the search about "searching all foods"?
    (my phone app says this, on the android app)

My ipad asks "search all MyFitnessPal foods for: X"
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    When you type strawberries, does the button on the keyboard lower right corner that says "Search" do anything? Have you pressed that Search button after typing?
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    When you search do you see at the top Recent Frequent My Foods Meals and when you type in the box towards the bottom there should be search all foods for " "

It usually tries to search your recent foods and you have to ask it to search ALL foods to find things not listed
  • kdtallerico
    kdtallerico Posts: 2 Member
    I am having the same issue. When I search using the search field it defaults to recent. There is no option for All Food. I am using the galaxy 9 phone.
  • kdtallerico
    kdtallerico Posts: 2 Member
    The only options are Recent , Frequent, My food, Meals, Recipes. This sucks!
  • sarah822014
    sarah822014 Posts: 1 Member
    I have the same issue and can’t search all foods. I have to create recipes for everything - even if it’s just a banana
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    By default it will search recent goods. But if you press the search button again then it will search all the database
  • mintdorset
    mintdorset Posts: 1 Member
    This is exactly the same for me on my iPhone and iPad. No way of searching all foods, just what I have in recent and frequent
  • modellista
    modellista Posts: 2 Member
    Yep! Me too. Defeats the purpose if I have to manually input the info from the internet...
  • modellista
    modellista Posts: 2 Member
    What FIXED my issue was making sure my Cellular Data was switched to ON for the MFP app. A client suggested I check. I turned it on, and the issue was gone!!!!
  • casper_k77
    casper_k77 Posts: 2 Member
    When I try to search the food by name application shows the gray sign off-line right after the search shows there are no results . I have all turned on the cellular data and Wi-Fi both are working. What can be the problem . Using an app on the iPhone
  • deniseyweesy1
    deniseyweesy1 Posts: 17 Member
    I can't search either and I'm on my computer. Apple, carrot nothing works.
  • TigersFan14
    TigersFan14 Posts: 29 Member
    Nothing working here either. This actually started last night and it's continuing into today.
  • deniseyweesy1
    deniseyweesy1 Posts: 17 Member
    After I posted here it suddenly started working. I didn't do anything different.
  • munmanstk
    munmanstk Posts: 1 Member
    Same thing happened to me. I logged in here about to post but then switched to the app to check. Miraculously it is working now!
  • ackull
    ackull Posts: 1 Member
    I was having search issues. I went into my iPhone Settings, selected MyFitnessPal, and turned on/off cellular data. Now search seems to work.