Snow

Options
Candy0516
Candy0516 Posts: 399 Member
Y’all I’m a lil excited. We had SNOW today. I live in the south, near FL. We don’t see snow, especially 2-3 inches... I had such an amazing time playing. I felt like a kid again. Never take anything for granted because someone out there would love to have what you don’t want. 0saxq5q3uook.png

Replies

• Candy0516
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I love that you love snow and that light dusting looks very cute. I live in the snowy lands and would never have it any other way. We're expecting a foot and a half tomorrow. Snow is a wonderful thing! After a heavy fall, the peace and the hush that go with it is priceless.

Yes it’s so beautiful. I loved every minute of it. The last time it did this was 1989. I was soaking all the moments I could in.
  • poetic_cell
    poetic_cell Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Candy0516 wrote: »
    Never take anything for granted because someone out there would love to have what you don’t want.

I'm dying to enjoy the real winter. People please send snow my way.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I will share, we've had lots along with below 0 temps as the icing on the cake. I ski and snowshoe so I love it, except for the shoveling part.
    nm20c4sxbr25.jpg
  • Candy0516
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    I will share, we've had lots along with below 0 temps as the icing on the cake. I ski and snowshoe so I love it, except for the shoveling part.
    nm20c4sxbr25.jpg

Wow, beautiful.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I can't stand freezing and heavy snow. I was born in the wrong country that's for sure
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Y’all can have that *kitten*
  • BradR_82
    BradR_82 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pic! Can we switch? It was -40 here last week.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Beautiful and the big trees are just heavenly!
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    elizarizo wrote: »

Agreed. I was born and raised in Kansas but I live in Las Vegas now. It was 60+ degrees and sunny here today. A perfect winter day!!
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    elizarizo wrote: »

Agreed. I was born and raised in Kansas but I live in Las Vegas now. It was 60+ degrees and sunny here today. A perfect winter day!!

Kansas isn’t Anything like Chicago weather I’ll take that any day
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I think it's awesome and adorable that you like snow!! Hope you enjoy it!
    It can be pretty, and I like how fresh snow makes everything look clean and dormant.

I want to share some of the *kitten* things tho...
    - when your car is covered in snow and you open the door to get your snowbrush and your drivers seat gets covered in snow
    - when you wake up in the morning and don't account for the extra 15 minutes it takes to brush off your car and defrost your windsheild before driving to work...or worse yet when you dont have a snowbrush and have to try to scrape your windsheild clean with a credit card or something
    - when you cant see what lane you are in when driving
    - anyone remember the ice storm from a few years ago? A lot of snow laden trees broke and *kitten* *kitten* up
    - old snow...brown and dirty looking from sanding
    - when walking through deepish snow and it falls in the top of your boots

Do have great childhood memories tho of gt snowracers and steep hills!
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    How many inches?
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Depressed snowboarder checking in. No snow yet, please send. :(
  • Candy0516
    Options
    eccomi_qui wrote: »
    How many inches?

2-3. Last time it did that here was 1989
  • BreeGees
    BreeGees Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We're getting 6-9 in now from that "bomb cyclone" that gave the south snow. You can take it back if you'd like. ;) P.S. Bring shovels, lots of shovels. :)
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Never been to the snow. closest I have gotten is seeing small cow pat size patches of snow on the side of the road as a kid.

I should go to Antarctica or something. to make up for lost time :tongue:

• kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    We got 10 feet (you read that right) just in the month of the December.
  • BrianAWeber
    BrianAWeber Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Y’all I’m a lil excited. We had SNOW today. I live in the south, near FL. We don’t see snow, especially 2-3 inches... I had such an amazing time playing. I felt like a kid again. Never take anything for granted because someone out there would love to have what you don’t want. 0saxq5q3uook.png

Wait until it gets to -40º below zero. You'll want to send it all back. Actually, I love snow and cold weather much more than I do summer.
  • Candy0516
    Options

Wait until it gets to -40º below zero. You'll want to send it all back. Actually, I love snow and cold weather much more than I do summer.

Oh my no I couldn’t handle it that cold. I just enjoyed throwing snowballs.