Snow

Options
2»

Replies

• Candy0516
    Candy0516 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    kendallvon wrote: »
    We got 10 feet (you read that right) just in the month of the December.
    Wow
  • Candy0516
    Candy0516 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    BreeGees wrote: »
    We're getting 6-9 in now from that "bomb cyclone" that gave the south snow. You can take it back if you'd like. ;) P.S. Bring shovels, lots of shovels. :)

Lol on my way!
  • mybassfishingirl
    mybassfishingirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    South Carolina snow.
  • mybassfishingirl
    mybassfishingirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    g8pizp2doucu.jpg
  • THeADHDTurnip
    THeADHDTurnip Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canada. It gets old after a while. Please take.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    That’s cute! When you start measuring by the foot, and there’s no place left to put it- not so much.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I love it! I'm reminded of the first time it snowed in my lifetime in Vegas. I was 27 and had a great time making a snowman and playing with my neighbor's kids. I live up north now and still love snow.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    One thing I love about living in New Mexico is that you can drive an hour to the mountains on Saturday and ski all day and then stay in town on Sunday and golf in 50-60* weather...kinda the best of both worlds.

This year has been odd though...we've had very little snow in the mountains and the resorts are really hurting right now and only partially open with mostly man made snow...we don't usually get much actual snow in ABQ, but we do usually at least get one good storm that leaves us with some accumulation in the city...at this rate, it doesn't look like it will happen as it usually happens in January and nothing is on the horizon. Very weird and unseasonably warm winter this year...it's kind of depressing really...I do enjoy the snow.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    Awwww.. We just had little flurries here, but we hardly ever get that. I would love for it to have stuck on the ground.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I <3 snow, but not so much these sub-zero temperatures. I'd prefer it a little warmer so I could get out and enjoy it more.
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Its sooo beautiful
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Here in nj 12 in show going down to 4 degrees. Wow fun
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Any of you who think 6 inches is not enough, can come shovel my damn driveway.....

We've had about 2 feet in total since mid-December.
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    We had our first white Christmas in many years this year....it was lovely and then it went away the next day...perf.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Any of you who think 6 inches is not enough, can come shovel my damn driveway.....

Our xc skiing hasn't even started up yet in the Sierra. Send some of that snow our way. I'm happy to shovel it.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Only 2 feet? Could be worse! ;) I'll see your 2 feet and raise you another 3 (since mid December). Season started for serious in November and hasn't let up. It's going to be a long winter for me.
  • bz2018
    bz2018 Posts: 143 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Whoa .. come to Canada
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I think it's awesome and adorable that you like snow!! Hope you enjoy it!
    It can be pretty, and I like how fresh snow makes everything look clean and dormant.

I want to share some of the *kitten* things tho...
    - when your car is covered in snow and you open the door to get your snowbrush and your drivers seat gets covered in snow
    - when you wake up in the morning and don't account for the extra 15 minutes it takes to brush off your car and defrost your windsheild before driving to work...or worse yet when you dont have a snowbrush and have to try to scrape your windsheild clean with a credit card or something
    - when you cant see what lane you are in when driving
    - anyone remember the ice storm from a few years ago? A lot of snow laden trees broke and *kitten* *kitten* up
    - old snow...brown and dirty looking from sanding
    - when walking through deepish snow and it falls in the top of your boots

Do have great childhood memories tho of gt snowracers and steep hills!

You forgot the "add two plus hours added to your commute to/from work".

Longest I was stuck in a car commuting was over 3 hours... All because people forget how to drive in snow, and they live in one of the states well known for snow/cold