Ask a Vegan

Options

Replies

• UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Do you even B12, bro?

Jk jk, I like how you’re handling this thread. Most vegan threads erupt in rioting within minutes.

:) I actually have a B12 spray that taste like berries. I would try kombucha, but anything fermented I don’t like.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Do you even B12, bro?

Jk jk, I like how you’re handling this thread. Most vegan threads erupt in rioting within minutes.

:) I actually have a B12 spray that taste like berries. I would try kombucha, but anything fermented I don’t like.

Oh man, kombucha is bomb! You’re missing out.
  • UltraVegAthlete
    Options
    Seitnyx wrote: »
    After reading your responses i think you’re my favorite person ever

Don’t let my cat hear that. She gets jealous. But thank you!
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Is there such a thing as a vegan sausage?
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    eccomi_qui wrote: »

Many vegans are fond of the field roast brand of vegan sausages. There's others too, but the ones i've had weren't as good to me.

http://fieldroast.com/product-family/sausages/
  • UltraVegAthlete
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    What made you decide to become a Vegan ?

Well, I went Pescatarian in 2014, the day after Thanksgiving, because my older sister was one and I never really like meat (oh my gosh, i HATED chicken and turkey. So gross). Then, I went vegetarian a few months later because the only seafood I ate was tuna fish or smoked salmon, and I heard how too much tuna could cause mercury poisoning (I was eating 2-3 cans a day!). Then, I wanted to lose weight and I didn’t think I could if I still consumed dairy (cheese, cream cheese, and icecream, basically, because I didn’t like milk), so I gave up milk but still ate eggs (we had/have chickens for eggs). My dad told me I needed to stop eating so many eggs, because I was eating 6 a day and that’s a ton of cholesterol, so I stopped eating eggs. Honey was the last thing I gave up, because I didn’t know it wasn’t Vegan. I was eating almond butter mixed with honey or honey in my tea for a few weeks before reading about bees and honey. So, yeah, I guess long-story-short, I went Vegan because I wanted to lose weight, be healthy, and thought “why not? I don’t even like meat or milk.” Oh and the whole ethical and environmental aspect of it. But what really made me go vegan was the idea that I would poop more and they wouldn’t stink. Mind you, but I think poop will smell disgusting whether or not one eats pineapples or bison burgers...
  • UltraVegAthlete
    Options
    How have you found your digestive system is working if you know what I mean ? This is something I would wonder about before switching to a diet of nuts n seeds, lots of veg etc.

Is it just the same as before? Is it better ?

I poop 2-5 times a day depending on what I eat. I still get bloated (even after 3 years) but only once week really. Again, it depends on what I eat or how much I eat.
    I do remember the first two weeks of going high raw vegan when I was eating lots of fruit and vegetables, I would burp a ton, fart a ton, my face broke out, and i got hot flashes, but then it all went away after that. My body was like “why are you being healthy?!! STOP IT!”
  • UltraVegAthlete
    Options
    Do you even B12, bro?

Oh man, kombucha is bomb! You’re missing out.

My best friend, who also happens to be a high raw vegan, drinks this kombucha that taste like cherry cola. I never liked soda, but I asked for a sip and it really did taste like cherry cola! So bizarre.
  • UltraVegAthlete
    Options

Yes, but I’m waiting till marriage.
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options

Youre a really good non troll account
  • UltraVegAthlete
    Options
    What's your stance on fungi in terms of fitting with vegan philosophy?

I mean, I wouldn’t eat toe cheese, that’s gross. But I still eat mushrooms. I did hear that there’s a mushroom that actually moves around the forest! That’s creepy. Plus, fungi don’t have a central nervous system. They’re kind of like Venus fly traps, I guess.
  • UltraVegAthlete
    Options

Youre a really good non troll account

Haha thanks:) Trolls eat people, so yeah. That’s not vegan anyways.
  • UltraVegAthlete
    Options
    What's your stance on fungi in terms of fitting with vegan philosophy?

I mean, I wouldn’t eat toe cheese, that’s gross. But I still eat mushrooms. I did hear that there’s a mushroom that actually moves around the forest! That’s creepy. Plus, fungi don’t have a central nervous system. They’re kind of like Venus fly traps, I guess.

lol yeah I mean food people would normally eat. I just thought it's interesting...not a plant, not an animal. So, was curious what the decision-making process is like.

afaik some or all mushrooms may be decomposers, with a diet so-to-speak that can include animals.

It seems like an interesting grey-area, philosophy wise. Mushrooms don't have intentions, so it would be hard to say they are morally responsible for any animals they consume.

I guess it’s like eating bacteria?
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I really do want to know this, and I mean no snark by it, but if vegetarians and vegans are so against eating meat why are there so many meat substitute products?
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I completely understand the moral stance, but you aren't insinuating that eating in any way other than vegan is not healthy are you? As in when you first switched to a Vegan diet and you're body freaked out because you were eating healthy.
  • tulsa_elaine
    tulsa_elaine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This thread is awesome. I also think you're pretty awesome for handling this the way you have!