Ask a Vegan

Options

Replies

• UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Relser wrote: »
    I really do want to know this, and I mean no snark by it, but if vegetarians and vegans are so against eating meat why are there so many meat substitute products?

Because who said burgers aren’t delicious?
  • UltraVegAthlete
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »
    I completely understand the moral stance, but you aren't insinuating that eating in any way other than vegan is not healthy are you? As in when you first switched to a Vegan diet and you're body freaked out because you were eating healthy.

I’m saying that how I was eating (lots of eggs, tuna, cheese, icecream, and a highschoolers diet heavy on chips, bread, and pop tarts) was unhealthy. So when I started eating whole plant foods, my body wasn’t used to all the fiber and natural sugar and to the HEALTH (lol), and it freaked out.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Play nice

TL;DR

Is free will real or just an illusion? Why?
  • poetic_cell
    poetic_cell Posts: 772 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    How have you found your digestive system is working if you know what I mean ?

I read this as "have you found your digestive system yet?" and blacked out the rest of the question when my mind went all overactive; hence my question: will I be less tired if I go vegan?
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy chocolate, what's your favorite vegan chocolate? My favorite bar (vegan or not, but it happens to be vegan) is Equal Exchange Very Dark, but I'm always looking for chocolate recommendations.
  • UltraVegAthlete
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Play nice

TL;DR

Is free will real or just an illusion? Why?

It’s real, but people use their own free will to try and take away the free will of others.
  • UltraVegAthlete
    Options
    Do you buy your almond milk or do you wake up at the crack of dawn to milk the almonds?

Neither, because almonds are tortured and slaughtered all across California, so I’m boycotting them.
  • THeADHDTurnip
    THeADHDTurnip Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Do you use a special vegan toothpaste?(since some use animal byproducts in them)
  • UltraVegAthlete
    Options
    How have you found your digestive system is working if you know what I mean ?

I read this as "have you found your digestive system yet?" and blacked out the rest of the question when my mind went all overactive; hence my question: will I be less tired if I go vegan?

You’ll be the same. Especially if you stay up until midnight pondering the question “if you drink human breast milk, are you still vegan?”
    The answer is yes. Go to bed.
  • UltraVegAthlete
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    If you enjoy chocolate, what's your favorite vegan chocolate? My favorite bar (vegan or not, but it happens to be vegan) is Equal Exchange Very Dark, but I'm always looking for chocolate recommendations.

I don’t like chocolate. It causes me to bloat up and then I can’t take a proper poop for a day. The struggle!
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Do you buy your almond milk or do you wake up at the crack of dawn to milk the almonds?

Neither, because almonds are tortured and slaughtered all across California, so I’m boycotting them.

:D
  • UltraVegAthlete
    Options
    Do you use a special vegan toothpaste?(since some use animal byproducts in them)

Tom’s of Maine (fluoride free) or the tears of baby penguins.
  • poetic_cell
    poetic_cell Posts: 772 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

I don’t like chocolate. It causes me to bloat up and then I can’t take a proper poop for a day. The struggle!

anigif_enhanced-3413-1401372938-16.gif

Mothers don't stop liking their children when they don't behave.

• UltraVegAthlete
    Options

Amazing, I can't see myself boycotting almonds.

That’s too bad. You could always replace them with rain water. Lots of calcium and heavy metals in that!
  • UltraVegAthlete
    Options

What?
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

What?

I think they're saying having a bad poop reaction to chocolate is no reason to not like it, because...well, CHOCOLATE.
  • UltraVegAthlete
    Options

What?

I think they're saying having a bad poop reaction to chocolate is no reason to not like it, because...well, CHOCOLATE.

Funny you should say that, because my friend is lactose intolerant and she always has coffee with milk and it’s hilarious because minutes later it’s like someone gave her a bottle of laxatives.
    I’d still rather have my routine poops everyday than eat chocolate. Plus, I’m a vanilla girl.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »
    I completely understand the moral stance, but you aren't insinuating that eating in any way other than vegan is not healthy are you? As in when you first switched to a Vegan diet and you're body freaked out because you were eating healthy.

I’m saying that how I was eating (lots of eggs, tuna, cheese, icecream, and a highschoolers diet heavy on chips, bread, and pop tarts) was unhealthy. So when I started eating whole plant foods, my body wasn’t used to all the fiber and natural sugar and to the HEALTH (lol), and it freaked out.

Oh....I see.

But did you know that dietary cholesterol is not responsible for the majority of high levels of it in the blood. For a vast majority of people, while I wouldn't recommend it as good balanced diet, if they ate nothing but eggs everyday, for every meal, their blood cholesterol would actually plummet.

But mix that with chips, bread and pop tarts and yes, your body would most likely spike your cholesterol levels.

Sounds like you are doing well. I definitely believe there are many different ways to eat healthy. I think it's awesome you found something that works great for you, as well as being morally conscious. Very cool